Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing at least one was after the reward was announced because otherwise surely the reward appeal would have said a possible sighting near the lake. Perhaps a sighting by a second person / pair made it more compelling and thus was issued in the latest appeal.

I am not suggesting that the reward itself was so significant to the sighting but maybe the publicity around it and the fact that she was still missing prompted the call.

I wonder whether any thing will be released for the msm to publish.

I wonder if the family have been asked not to give the press new photos or information about Libby.

Hope one of Leah’s friends or colleagues remembers something that would be useful in the search for Leah. It’s not too late to tell the police anything at all that would help to find her. Who was she talking to on the phone when she was supposed to be at work? Where did she go next? Did she meet up with anyone or get in a vehicle? Has anyone heard anything? Has anyone got any ideas? Report it online, I would.

Any pregnancy speculation is just speculation at this stage. I don't think anyone knows. As for alluding to social media, you're quite right, it shouldn't be on the thread unless it's Leah's social media.

There has been nothing that I have seen anywhere in MSM or in social media or anywhere other than websleuths that has suggested that Leah is pregnant. This came up as an idea only after the later sightings around the lake, and not as an idea for her being distressed, only as an idea for why she is missing if the news wasn’t welcome. This was clutching at straws to try and make sense of her being missing.

There has been so little in MSM that people have been checking family FB regularly, simply to see if there is any new news. There are mostly posts by Leah’s brother, sister and aunt appealing to keep Leah in people’s minds. Occasionally the stress has been showing in some of the FB posts, as you would expect. Sometimes, a post taken on its own sounds a little odd, especially if you don’t know the family (which I don’t) or the area (which I don’t). Once something niggles it can be difficult to get it out of your mind unless you discuss it. So then you try and find a way to discuss it without breaking the WS rules because it may spark an insight.

The cop was on the reddit thread. The last post on there was a while ago and some posts were deleted. Some people messaged me for a link to the reddit post and I have forwarded it.

There is the facility for WS members to message outside of the public thread for matters like social media that cannot be discussed in the main thread but this is restricted in the number of members in a particular group so discussion that fits in the WS rules would be done on the main thread to benefit from everyone’s experience . I would find it very tricky to have lots of side conversations.

I posted something - can’t remember what - that I thought was carefully worded to not fall foul of rules but it got deleted. One thing I learnt in my real job is that what you think is fair in the eyes of the law is not always legally interpreted that way. I guess as these threads are to do with real people and current situations WS has to be ultra careful and so do we. I have personally seen very few private threads and those four that I have seen are members messaging someone who is active on this particular thread. I didn’t post anything on Libby’s thread and saw no private messages on Libby’s at all.

I hope I haven’t inadvertently offended anyone with any of this message or broken any rules!

I don't see anything wrong with private message groups (It's my favourite bit about websleuths to be honest).

Some people do want to discuss things that they are not able to talk about on the main thread which is fair enough.

But yes it is annoying when things discussed in them are hinted at in the main threads as a bit of a tease. Either say it or keep shut, it's wrong to drop a few crumbs.

I also think that as the police issued a missing person appeal, I would not consider the matter closed unless they stated that they had found Leah. Obviously they may be limited to what they would say about the circumstances. The family may choose to provide more detail and if so, hopefully it would be through the police or MSM so that it could be shared here and thus benefit future searches for other missing people or their family.

If a member posts a perceived 'breadcrumb' that is ambiguous it makes sense to some members and not others, but the intention may be to contribute to the thread not hinder, and so if I personally don't get a post, I make a wise guess the member posting is trying not to break posting rules...but welcomes a DM/private message.

This has been one of the most restrictive cases in recent times due to lack of publicity, and most news coming unfortunately only from SM (hence posters frustrations).
And so just DM the poster rather than telling others how to post, if they're within the rules.
Some like myself may appreciate potentially new insight, if not we ignore it, and if it breaks any rules the moderators already do a fantastic job of filtering them out.

If a member posts a perceived 'breadcrumb' that is ambiguous it makes sense to some members and not others, but the intention may be to contribute to the thread not hinder, and so if I personally don't get a post, I make a wise guess the member posting is trying not to break posting rules...but welcomes a DM/private message.

This has been one of the most restrictive cases in recent times due to lack of publicity, and most news coming unfortunately only from SM (hence posters frustrations).
And so just DM the poster rather than telling others how to post, if they're within the rules.
Some like myself may appreciate potentially new insight, if not we ignore it, and if it breaks any rules the moderators already do a fantastic job of filtering them out.

If I had some bread crumbs to share I wouldn't drop hints in the hope id get someone initiating a private chat with me, I'd just initiate a conversation with other members myself (ones I feel I'd want to discuss things more with).

Just MOO though, but I really wouldn't want to open myself up to any Tom dick or Harry asking me for information, I'd speak directly to like minded people who I felt more of a rapport with.

If I had some bread crumbs to share I wouldn't drop hints in the hope id get someone initiating a private chat with me, I'd just initiate a conversation with other members myself (ones I feel I'd want to discuss things more with).

Just MOO though, but I really wouldn't want to open myself up to any Tom dick or Harry asking me for information, I'd speak directly to like minded people who I felt more of a rapport with.
You seem to have missed the point here, but never mind.

I see the only issue here as the group messaging number restrictions, can we not ask Admin if we can expand this? Because its not nice if known members cannot be added due to the short cap.

Just trying to be constructive and consider others views.

I see the only issue here as the group messaging number restrictions, can we not ask Admin if we can expand this? Because its not nice if known members cannot be added due to the short cap.

Just trying to be constructive and consider others views.

20 is the absolute maximum on PM. I was part of a thread that was shut down and lots of us wanted to use PM and the mods encouraged it but they could not increase the number.

I think PMs are useful to discuss things you cannot discuss on open threads. Also if your have some long timers on a PM they are helpful in how to discuss things on the open threads in a way that does not go against TOS. If that makes sense.

I have followed Leah’s thread but have not posted because I am at a loss as there is so little information. It is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling