Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: CE

I'm skeptical of any connection between him and the murders in Delphi. He's lived in a few different regions of the country in his adult life, which initially made me wonder if, indeed, he could be linked to various, more serious crimes. But...

The guy just isn't very mobile. People close to him have mentioned in various SM posts that the guy is virtually house bound most of the time, and is dependent upon others for transportation.

His pictures of activities in the woods/outdoors were taken by people he was with, and was dependent upon at the time. Same for pics taken in cities in this region of the country. So for him to be out alone in the area of Deer Creek, a fair distance from home (he's lived in towns on either side of the state line (Richmond(?), Union City, Greenville, etc.). What struck me as odd was people would have him babysit their kids. So besides his security guard background, CE has had a spotty employment history, and, again, has been dependent upon others, not regular jobs, for income at various times in recent years.

JMO

“Just 24 hours after he was slapped with the new charges, Indiana State Police announced there had been a significant development in their investigation into the deaths of Libby German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, who went missing in Delphi, on February 14, 2017.”

Since the two girls were found dead, authorities have consistently stated that they have no concrete suspects and the public would be notified when that changes.”
I swear I read that LE address CE and said he is not a suspect in the Delphi case.

Can someone post a picture of CE? Anyone have a brief background of CE and what he was arrested for in Indiana? Thanks so much.

I haven’t followed for a while now. I am sure hoping Monday will be a day when they have a suspect in mind.

Accused child molester investigated in 2017 murders of Indiana teens: report

8890996-6624137-image-a-36_1548261256061.jpg

Indiana man who looks like Delphi suspect is 'weird' and 'violent' | Daily Mail Online

Randolph County sting operation catches man trying to have sex with 13-year-old

Can someone post a picture of CE? Anyone have a brief background of CE and what he was arrested for in Indiana? Thanks so much.

I haven’t followed for a while now. I am sure hoping Monday will be a day when they have a suspect in mind.

Police are reportedly investigating a possible connection between the murders of two Indiana teenagers and a man accused of child molestation, after the public drew similarities between his mugshot and an FBI sketch of the alleged killer.

Charles Andrew Eldridge, 46, was arrested on January 8 during an undercover sting in Union City, Indiana, after he arranged to have sex with a Randolph County Police officer posing as a 13-year-old girl, the Daily Mail reports. He was arrested and charged with two counts of child molestation, one count of attempted child molestation and one count of child solicitation.

After his mugshot was circulated in local news, Indiana residents began calling in to the tip line at the Carroll County Sheriff's Department, which is investigating the murders of Abby Williams, 13, and Libby German, 14. Many callers noted similarities between Eldridge's mugshot and a sketch of the girls' alleged killer.

Attachments

• 97996D7C-ED3F-495D-A33E-0B651393D086.jpeg
    97996D7C-ED3F-495D-A33E-0B651393D086.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 12
Police are reportedly investigating a possible connection between the murders of two Indiana teenagers and a man accused of child molestation, after the public drew similarities between his mugshot and an FBI sketch of the alleged killer.

Charles Andrew Eldridge, 46, was arrested on January 8 during an undercover sting in Union City, Indiana, after he arranged to have sex with a Randolph County Police officer posing as a 13-year-old girl, the Daily Mail reports. He was arrested and charged with two counts of child molestation, one count of attempted child molestation and one count of child solicitation.

After his mugshot was circulated in local news, Indiana residents began calling in to the tip line at the Carroll County Sheriff's Department, which is investigating the murders of Abby Williams, 13, and Libby German, 14. Many callers noted similarities between Eldridge's mugshot and a sketch of the girls' alleged killer.
Thanks for the good information. Does anyone really believe this is him? He is creepy. He looks similar but I see him as much heavier. He has had two years to gain weight. I hope they have DNA. I’m interested to find out what LE has to say on Monday.

90 degree turn means the have something.

His pivot from murder, back to molestation.

The difference in victim targeting (seemingly different MO’s).

Delphi seemed to catch these girls by surprise, while CE apparently used other means (Internet) to troll for victims.

Certain things do match (age and sex of victims obviously). It’s also possible that BG did meet the girls online too, but there’s no evidence of that.

I do think we’d have seen murder charges by now if there was a DNA hit.

Great points. I doubt a murderer would go back to molesting, moo.

Maybe molestation and/or s/assault is part (prelude) of the killing fantasy? Just wondering in a general sense. Maybe I've been listening to too many Israel Keyes recordings and I'm all confused about motives :confused:

The key phrases here to me are

“New direction”

“Significant information”

“No suspects”

Also we know that the families have not been notified with the information in advance (Eric Erskin, Williams' grandfather, said on Friday that the families haven't been notified yet regarding information that will be released during Monday's press conference, but he's hopeful that there will soon be resolution in the case. Police holding press conference in Delphi case)

So I don’t think this will be an announcement about a suspect or POI. I think it will be evidence released they hadn’t before or a computer composite based on new information. Whatever it is, I’m anxiously awaiting. Those girls deserve justice and that sicko needs to be off the streets.

Maybe molestation and/or s/assault is part (prelude) of the killing fantasy? Just wondering in a general sense. Maybe I've been listening to too many Israel Keyes recordings and I'm all confused about motives :confused:
Yes. Generally, there is an escalation of behavior.

I absolutely believe that the murders were sexually motivated, and if that’s the case, he sure as hell didn’t start with a double murder.

There would be prior crimes of a sexual nature.

It starts with a fantasy, then builds from there.

ETA: I’m talking about previous criminal history, and not what happened on that particular day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member