IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this theory has already been mentioned. This thread is moving faster than I can keep up.

A couple of years ago we were visiting family when we received a call my 2 year old niece had been found unresponsive and rushed to the hospital. We were given no other details. The next day we received a phone call that she was doing fine but had gotten into her mothers "pills." I am not sure what exactly she took, but it did a number on her and I suspect it was not a run-of-the mill prescription. If Andrew was born with opiates in his system could he have found something of mom's and overdosed? Perhaps the adults panicked because of past experience and now we are looking for this sweet little boy.

I cringe at the thought of the the heroin laced w/fentanyl that is on the streets. It takes so little that first responders are at risk for overdose should they come into contact with it. Use of Narcan is WAY up due to users and LE being exposed. Hard to say what happened but the more we learn about lifestyle and history in this family, certain possibilities cannot be ignored.

The kids born with opiates that I work with have MAJOR behavioral problems. Also RAD, ADHD..etc. I call them my alphabet kids. I think the children of this opiate crisis, are the real victims and the least talked about!
Also the foster care system in my county is totally overwhelmed by these poor kids! It is not unusual that a child with such behaviors is in his 10th home by 3.
I heard someone on Chicago radio saying that they knew the foster mom. So, I think for a year or a year and a half he had a decent life.

I cringe at the thought of the the heroin laced w/fentanyl that is on the streets. It takes so little that first responders are at risk for overdose should they come into contact with it. Use of Narcan is WAY up due to users and LE being exposed. Hard to say what happened but the more we learn about lifestyle and history in this family, certain possibilities cannot be ignored.
Good point.

However--- if he died from an accidental od; why hide him, fgs ?
Was he horrific to look at ? Bruised ?

Good point.

However--- if he died from an accidental od; why hide him, fgs ?
Was he horrific to look at ? Bruised ?
If a kid finds a stash of street drugs and dies because of it, the parents are still going to be in deeeeeep doodoo. I think it’d be different if it was an Rx in a childproof bottle that they somehow get into. But parents would still be responsible for whatever the child has access to

I've been looking and there's no FB anymore for her.
At one of the videos with her atty., she was supposedly holding a bag with photos of AJ. Why not give these to the media ?
At this point, we don't know if he's dead.... get his pictures out there !

The mother’s Facebook is still there. Her profile picture is of herself and her 3 boys. That photo was posted on March 11th.

ETA: I sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Both of AJ’s parents attended the vigil tonight. Photos at link:
The search for Andrew “AJ” Freund

What have parents who are the ones who disappeared their child done in the past with vigils? Emily went to the vigil but didn't get out of the vehicle but I am curious about others. (Btw, she needs to take off that pink hat.)

Someone earlier posted the mother has more photos on her FB page.
I admit I haven't gone to look.
Although I probably should.

Eta : Mom's FB page is gone; afaik.

In Kylee Willis' mom's FB page.. there were photos of an older sibling with many bruises , taken at the hospital. Crazy that it wasn't reported by the hospital staff...

As far as LE declaring it a crime scene ... is it possible there was no blood evidence --but that cadaver dogs were used , and picked up a scent ?

https://www.facebook.com/joann.cunningham.
JoAnn Cunningham
Daniel Nowicki Mugshot 91707478 - Daniel Nowicki Arrest - McHenry County, IL

What have parents who are the ones who disappeared their child done in the past with vigils? Emily went to the vigil but didn't get out of the vehicle but I am curious about others. (Btw, she needs to take off that pink hat.)

I noticed in the one photo from the vigil, AJ’s father is wearing a wedding band.

JMO

I heard someone on Chicago radio saying that they knew the foster mom. So, I think for a year or a year and a half he had a decent life.
There is all kinds of special training for these foster parents and teachers. Can you imagine being a preschool teacher and having to take a very intense 4 day training for restraining a 3 year old? THAT IS WHERE WE ARE AT WITH THESE BABIES!

Yes, it's right down the road. Lake County is much more corrupt, lots of bad things going on there from top to bottom and the Lt. GI Joe situation was the fruits of a rotten tree. McHenry County has had its share of issues and has a couple of bad judges that are way too lenient, but overall I feel it is a better place to be. This will be a real test to see how the police handle the investigation, since these things really don't happen here. I hope they find this child.
Me too. I think the cops have to know something.
It's appalling that DCSF takes the word of a mother who's child was born with opiates in his system. Has had several calls about this poor child.
DCSF Had the power to protect him. They had several opportunities to protect,and save him.
I think the only reason the younger brother was removed from the home is becau the public eye is on them,and they know it.
Otherwise I think it would business as usual,and that poor child would still be stuck there.
MOO
like I said before... dcfs didn’t just hand her AJ. She had to prove to the courts she could be a fit mother. This is not some small feat. It gets tiring seeing people blame dcfs when they are bound by LAWS. I live in McHenry county. In fact I live in the same exact neighborhood . I could see the vigil from my living room window. This is not Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz