Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the statics prove that we are safer than we have ever been.

We’re simply more informed than we were in the past.

Agreed. We may be "safer" in some respects, but in this high tech world, many dark leanings people may have, which they might otherwise have been able to repress, are instead supported and nourished by the ability to connect so easily with similar minded individuals. People have become stranger in my opinion!! I cannot wait for Monday...fingers crossed for major break in this case.

Yes, the statics prove that we are safer than we have ever been.

We’re simply more informed than we were in the past.

Agreed. We may be "safer" in some respects, but in this high tech world, many dark leanings people may have, which they might otherwise have been able to repress, are instead supported and nourished by the ability to connect so easily with similar minded individuals. People have become stranger in my opinion!! I cannot wait for Monday...fingers crossed for major break in this case.

If this is truly useful information about catching this murderer, it makes me really angry that they’re going about it this way. Why wait ANY length of time to get “significant information” to the public? Especially when they have not even informed the families! This feels like LE about to pat themselves on the back even though it’s been more than two years with no results.

I hope I am wrong.

I agree with you Tristan, about this WAIT for info.:(
I am thinking, all this supposed new information, may not lead to BG, or help in solving the case.
I hope this isn't so, as many are expecting some great results.
Not long to go, to find out, as we have waited, all this time, and have often been disappointed.
Hope I am wrong.
MOO.

When the Sherriff said he "knows that voice" I take that to mean he feels like the perp is a local. Maybe a "new direction" is implying that they no longer think a local committed this horrific act. I hope the PC is much more than that.

Last edited:
I don’t even think they have any DNA. I hope I’m wrong!
Unfortunately, I suspect that you're not wrong. I don't think they have a full nuclear DNA profile, anyway. Maybe they re-tested some samples recently and got one. (We can hope, right?)
I agree with you Tristan, about this WAIT for info.:(
I am thinking, all this supposed new information, may not lead to BG, or help in solving the case.
I hope this isn't so, as many are expecting some great results.
Not long to go, to find out, as we have waited, all this time, and have often been disappointed.
Hope I am wrong.
MOO.
If it were something like an announcement that a state task force had been created, then I think that they'd allow questions. The no-questions part is what's confusing me. Maybe someone has come forward to report a separate encounter with BG; a new eyewitness would be a significant development, but LE wouldn't want to reveal anything about the witness.

When the Sherriff said he "knows that voice" I take that to mean he feels like the perp is a local. Maybe a "new direction" is implying that they no longer think a local committed this horrific act. I hope the PC is much more than that.
Snipped

I took his comments about the voice to mean that he knew it because he had listened to the recording so many times—and that if he heard it again, he'd know that it was BG.

Maybe a Parabon profile?
The photo profiles are spectacular! I've noticed recently with the solved familial dna cold cases, they ask for public help and release photos in advance of an arrest. Is there some sort of time gap that happens between making that dna photo of what the suspect should look like and then actually being able to trace the familial dna to the suspect and collect dna confirm it?

The photo profiles are spectacular! I've noticed recently with the solved familial dna cold cases, they ask for public help and release photos in advance of an arrest. Is there some sort of time gap that happens between making that dna photo of what the suspect should look like and then actually being able to trace the familial dna to the suspect and collect dna confirm it?
Yes. They are two different processes (Parabon does both), but tend to happen exactly as you say.

First we get the DNA generated photograph.

Then comes the genealogical research (I do think this is usually ongoing prior to the release of the photo and description).

That’s the part that takes time, and anecdotally atleast, seems to be the stage that gets the guy.

You have to find that close relative, then you have to narrow down to the specific person you think it is.

Then you’ve got to get his DNA (usually surreptitiously).

If they do in fact have this guy’s DNA, it’s a matter of “when” and not “if” they catch him.

Not so long ago, that wasn’t the case.

Last edited:
I am thinking, and hoping, the announcement is DNA and a genetic website!! IDK, but I am hoping!

I'd love to see DNA bring this <expletive deleted> down, and put him into the pokey.

As to the wait until Monday, it's about 10:40 p.m. here on the West Coast. Some will observe the Easter and Passover Holidays tomorrow, which will keep them busy most of the day. Others will be occupied with different things. At some point, most of us will speculate about Monday's presser.

Everyone, enjoy your Sunday.

Yes. They are two different processes (Parabon does both), but tend to happen exactly as you say.

First we get the DNA generated photograph.

Then comes the genealogical research (I do think this is usually ongoing prior to the release of the photo and description).

That’s the part that takes time, and anecdotally atleast, seems to be the stage that gets the guy.

You have to find that close relative, then you have to narrow down to the specific person you think it is.

Then you’ve got to get his DNA (usually surreptitiously).

If they do in fact have this guy’s DNA, it’s a matter of “when” and not “if” they catch him.

Not so long ago, that wasn’t the case.
Personally I'm hoping it's a clear dna photo, or they tell us he is in custody and want public help to come forward telling of previous encounters and connections to other crimes. I don't think they know who it is and it would be risky to tell the public too much to put them in harms way or risk exposing too much evidence for a conviction. I also think if he was dead it would have been breaking news. If it is the dna generated photo it should be so very close.

This familial dna has put a permanent smirk on my face. It's finally the victims time to get revenge and closure for the most henious crimes imaginable. My dna is in there and I hope if any family member related to me has ever or will ever commit such unforgiving crimes that they go down and are held responsible for their actions. Hoping for closure for all the family and victims everywhere.

This familial dna has put a permanent smirk on my face. It's finally the victims time to get revenge and closure for the most henious crimes imaginable. My dna is in there and I hope if any family member related to me has ever or will ever commit such unforgiving crimes that they go down and are held responsible for their actions. Hoping for closure for all the family and victims everywhere.
It’s truly remarkable.

It seems like every week or two, another cold case is solved this way.

Many of these cases have remained unsolved for decades.

And the really amazing thing is, they’re just getting started.

UPDATE: Body found on Indy’s northwest side identified as Boone County man missing since November

Read some speculation that there maybe a connection here. Cant wait for that PC.

I'm not saying this man is
What throws me is it they're already saying that they will not answer any question though. If they were giving new evidence to the public, I would think they would answer at least some questions. I'm scratching my head and I guess we will have to wait until Monday.

Maybe they know who the perpetrator is, but he's now deceased??

Sociopaths never shake in their boots. They don’t have a conscience.
This guy is not new to this. I was watching a
documentary about truck drivers who are cross country serial killers. It doesn’t mean he parked his truck near by. He could have parked his truck , maybe just the cab, somewhere and walked through the park to hunt, on a nice day. School was closed. Petaphiles pay close attention to details like school closings in a small town.
BG thought he was going to walk away from this and go on with his killings, but Libby was smarter than him. He didn’t expect to be on snap chat. I’m thinking he is older. A younger man would have taken her phone before he committed the murders of those poor girls. Libby is my “Mentor Sleuth”.

I'm sorry. I'm new to the specifics on the case. I only have the most basic information. Could you explain a little more about what Libby captured and posted to snapchat, please? TIA

I think about one continual complaint about this case and that’s not enough people know about it. Those of us who follow it have had our hopes raised and deflated many times already but each time there’s a new reason for the press to cover the story, there’s a chance it will capture new attention - somebody where an imaginary lightbulb will flick on and they’ll be thinking “I think I know that person” and will call in a tip. So for that reason any publicity this case gets is good IMO.

Misty, do you know whether John Walsh has aired this case on his new show 'In Pursuit'?

The reason I ask since it started, I believe some of the suspects have been caught since then. It shows millions of viewers still watches his show.

Shows like his are seen by others in every different state so someone could have just been passing through, and may have seen something very important that day or they may be able to recognize BG as someone they know.

It is unbelievable that many may even be unaware of this case, but its true. Many don't even watch the news, much less keep up with homicide cases.

So someone out there may hold the key, and not even be aware of it.

Tia

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads