GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

I wonder if the wife was home throughout Saturday. Seems she could certainly corroborate friend's/husbands story if she was. Also, she would know how and when JM left the house Saturday.
The audio with Johnathan’s aunt states that the wife of the poi took off in a truck to go look for Johnathon when they saw he was missing. I cannot find the link to that article with the audio right now.

The audio with Johnathan’s aunt states that the wife of the poi took off in a truck to go look for Johnathon when they saw he was missing. I cannot find the link to that article with the audio right now.
If he had vanished from her home that afternoon, how would she know what direction or where to search for him. How does she take off in a truck to search for him when he wasn't noted to be missing by the friend until he came home from evening milking?
Did she think he was heading for home and she would pick him up? How come she left alone and what was her husband doing at the same time.
But, in all fairness, everyone may have been in panic mode. The friend did call JM's father to see if he was home. Was that cover story or concern?

This video shows what part of the huge field and trees look like. A sheriff is pulling out of the field.
If anyone is good at matching terrain on the google maps shown on this thread than maybe you can find exactly the farm is.
Jordan Miller - WKYC

Also, I just went through the pages on this thread and found links to the mention of the wife on page 5.

Here is the link to Johnathon’s aunt calling the sheriff. It took me a while to find it.

It sounded like she said the name “Tom” as the one Johnathon was with. The audio also states the at the wife of the man went looking for Johnathon in a truck.
Jordan Miller - WKYC

Upon re-reading, it appears that the wife was not home all day because the friend said he left JM alone when JM decided not to go back to the farm at 3:30. So there is that window of two hours again. When he came home at 7:30 it appears that they both realized that he was not there and she took off in the truck to look for him and the friend called JM's father to inquire as to his well being.

If he had vanished from her home that afternoon, how would she know what direction or where to search for him. How does she take off in a truck to search for him when he wasn't noted to be missing by the friend until he came home from evening milking?
Did she think he was heading for home and she would pick him up? How come she left alone and what was her husband doing at the same time.
But, in all fairness, everyone may have been in panic mode. The friend did call JM's father to see if he was home. Was that cover story or concern?

This part is what keeps making me question why they were so panicked. He was 14, not 5. How did they instantly panic as opposed to assuming he just found a ride home? What was going on at, or wrong with the home when they returned that caused worry? Was there evidence of a struggle? Had he taken something and supposedly been sleeping it off? Was something missing? Blood?

I cannot stand auto correct on my phone! Just noticed that it kept spelling Jonathon’s name wrong and a few different spellings on posts. Sorry everyone. I cannot edit them.

Autocorrect makes me look illiterate so often. It adds random punctuation in my sentences and changes " if" and " of" out CONSTANTLY. No worries, most of us get it.

This article has the best timeline I've seen that actually makes sense!

"A report filed at the Sheriff’s Dept. said Minard was picked up April 12 at about 3 p.m. at his home in Dellroy to help with chores and milking at an area dairy farm. He then spent the night in New Harrisburg and helped with chores at the farm Saturday morning, returning to New Harrisburg at about 1:30 p.m. When it was time to go back to the farm for evening chores and milking at about 3:30 p.m., Minard said he had a toothache and was going to stay at the home and get hold of his parents. That was the last time he was seen.

A report filed with the sheriff’s department, said when the man Jonathan was staying with called to check on him Sunday evening, the boy’s father said he wasn’t home and a report was filed."

The Carroll County Messenger| Local News, Local Views

BBM. So this says the friend didn't call to check on him until Sunday evening. Yet, everything happened Saturday, and didn't the friend's wife drive around looking for him Saturday evening when they thought he was missing? So if that happened Saturday, then you wouldn't wait until Sunday evening to call the child's parents and see if he was OK, right? So...that is hinky. IMO

Here is the link to Johnathon’s aunt calling the sheriff. It took me a while to find it.

It sounded like she said the name “Tom” as the one Johnathon was with. The audio also states the at the wife of the man went looking for Johnathon in a truck.
Jordan Miller - WKYC
When we listened to that the other day, we thought it was possible that the aunt was referring to Jonathon's mom, his dad's wife. IOW when friend called JM's dad to check on him, JM's mom ran out to go look for him and the aunt stayed with dad and called 911. It would make more sense than friend's wife looking for him when as far as she knew JM was already home at that time.

When we listened to that the other day, we thought it was possible that the aunt was referring to Jonathon's mom, his dad's wife. IOW when friend called JM's dad to check on him, JM's mom ran out to go look for him and the aunt stayed with dad and called 911. It would make more sense than friend's wife looking for him when as far as she knew JM was already home at that time.
Thank you Tillicum I just listened to it again. You are right.

Last edited:
This video shows what part of the huge field and trees look like. A sheriff is pulling out of the field.
If anyone is good at matching terrain on the google maps shown on this thread than maybe you can find exactly the farm is.
Jordan Miller - WKYC

Also, I just went through the pages on this thread and found links to the mention of the wife on page 5.
It is located here. This is Street View. If you turn around you will see the Tennessee Gas Pipeline facility. The videographer was in the parking area or what ever that is in front of the fence and building out front looking toward the field across.

Google Maps

Here is a link to a Google Satellite view with a pin on the location of the Sheriff's vehicle coming out of the field.
Google Maps

Since he was named POI since way before his body was found, I’d think he’d be fair game at this point!
Was he actually named by law enforcement? I have only seen that law enforcement said they have a POI. His name is only out there because I believe his mother mentioned it on a Facebook post. Unless we have a media story saying or quoting law enforcement naming the POI I believe we have to sit on it.

Jordan Miller - WKYC

It is located here. This is Street View. If you turn around you will see the Tennessee Gas Pipeline facility. The videographer was in the parking area or what ever that is in front of the fence and building out front looking toward the field across.

Google Maps

Here is a link to a Google Satellite view with a pin on the location of the Sheriff's vehicle coming out of the field.
Google Maps
Thank you Jethro for taking the time to do that! Great job!
I went down the road on the street view of the map and there is a street sign that says Mobile road. Is that the road the farm is on? Google does not go down that road, but if you look down the street you can see a red barn on the right. Across from that on the left looks like a grey dairy barn.

Last edited:
Can we sleuth the 29 yr old friend since he's been deemed a poi?

Has 29-year-old been named a suspect yet? I'm itching to dig into this guy.

Since he was named POI since way before his body was found, I’d think he’d be fair game at this point!

Was he actually named by law enforcement? I have only seen that law enforcement said they have a POI. His name is only out there because I believe his mother mentioned it on a Facebook post. Unless we have a media story saying or quoting law enforcement naming the POI I believe we have to sit on it.
Other than to say they had a POI, and were stopping the search to go a different direction, LE has never publicly named the POI or suspect so that makes him/her off limits. No sleuthing and/or discussion until MSM publishes a name.

I also believe LE making use of the weekend for preliminary results from ME -- establishing probable cause, getting their ducks in a row, etc. prior to making an arrest. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back