Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest spin.. This news article quotes the ISP notice but then adds a new line.
Where did the new evidence come from?

The update will be held "to share information with the media and public about the new direction of the Delphi homicide investigation."
Police shared no further information into what the new evidence might be, or why they were changing directions in the investigation.

BBM

Infamous murder investigation of two girls heading in 'new direction'

My expectations are very low. I honestly have not felt much confidence in this investigation since the very beginning. And they have yet to show any reason that the public should have confidence in the ability to find this monster. Maybe it will be a bombshell, but I’m not holding my breath! Moo

My expectations are very low. I honestly have not felt much confidence in this investigation since the very beginning. Maybe it will be a bombshell, but I’m not holding my breath! Moo
Given the extremely high profile of this crime, and the emotional investment of the public, I expect a substantive update.

Amateur opinion and speculation

My expectations are very low. I honestly have not felt much confidence in this investigation since the very beginning. And they have yet to show any reason that the public should have confidence in the ability to find this monster. Maybe it will be a bombshell, but I’m not holding my breath! Moo

I’m afraid I am in this camp as well.

Given the extremely high profile of this crime, and the emotional investment of the public, I expect a substantive update.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I truly hope you are correct, I’m just going off of what I have seen since day one. Also I believe there is a very easy explanation for no questions, they know that they don’t have answers to the questions that are likely to be asked......jmo

"If this is true, then the perp is not in the DNA database. This means the only way we can catch him is for someone somewhere to recognize this man."

Or if someone in his family has done Ancestry DNA testing. I hope they have a legal right to check there. Does anyone know? If that's the case, if we all would get our DNA tested through those sites more criminals would be caught. They're related to someone after all. And isn't that how the GSK was caught? Though I know some object to those tests and that's fine I am not telling anyone what to do.

Or, if he gets arrested and they take his DNA? In some states they take your DNA when you're arrested for crimes that you wouldn't think they would, like non-violent crimes. I wish all states were like that.

Or, maybe he'll die and family will find proof when they go through his stuff?

Or, he confesses?

Either way, I pray they catch this sick jerk!

"If this is true, then the perp is not in the DNA database. This means the only way we can catch him is for someone somewhere to recognize this man."

Or if someone in his family has done Ancestry DNA testing. I hope they have a legal right to check there. Does anyone know? If that's the case, if we all would get our DNA tested through those sites more criminals would be caught. They're related to someone after all. And isn't that how the GSK was caught? Though I know some object to those tests and that's fine I am not telling anyone what to do.

Or, if he gets arrested and they take his DNA? In some states they take your DNA when you're arrested for crimes that you wouldn't think they would, like non-violent crimes. I wish all states were like that.

Or, maybe he'll die and family will find proof when they go through his stuff?

Or, he confesses?

Either way, I pray they catch this sick jerk!
I believe I read that 60% of people are now traceable through dna. In a couple years they said everyone will be. Fingers crossed.

Would someone explain to me what a parabon snapshot is? Thank you.:)
In the Resolved Cold Cases subforum, member Niner and others have been logging cases solved by recent DNA technology. It's very interesting. A case recently was resolved because the killer's brother had been arrested and his DNA entered into CODIS. Investigators were able to put together a familial match to DNA evidence from the crime scene, which ultimately led them to the killer's former girlfriend, and his DNA on a razor she had in her possession.

DNA Solves Cold Cases/Parabon Nanolabs & GED/Match.

Last edited:
rbbm.
2017 Delphi murders of 2 teenage girls moving in 'new direction,' Indiana State Police say
"I am very hopeful that this is the break we have been waiting for," said Libby's mother, Carrie Timmons, told FOX59."

"He is described as a man having reddish-brown hair and undetermined eye color."

"Delphi investigators had also worked closely with detectives in Fort Wayne, Indiana. after a John. D Miller was arrested last year in the 1988 murder of an 8-year-old girl. Authorities, however, would not comment at the time it was a possible suspect in the two teenagers’ deaths."

While I do believe that one girl was sexually abused I do not believe sex was the motive. The motive was murder and satanic in nature. Perhaps fueled by meth, perhaps fueled by sick minds. There was more to the crime scene than two deceased beautiful girls.

all in imho..obviously

There has to be something unusual or specific about the crime scene/ COD... otherwise why wouldn’t they have released it? If it was something like a single gunshot, any sicko looking for five minutes of fame could confess and guess “gunshot” and have a 25% chance of being right. I’m convinced that the crime scene/COD was something very specific.

Just had a sinking feeling....what if the new direction is that it is moving to the cold case file. :(

I don’t think they would announce that. It would be embarrassing. Usually cases are just quietly slid onto a back burner with no announcements or updates. Years or decades later when a new DA or police chief comes in they may announce they are taking another look at “cold cases” but it’s always done in a way to make LE or the DA look good. They don’t usually give PCs to say that they’ve been outsmarted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow