OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Easton today for some shopping and casually mentioned Tyler’s disappearance to a few workers, including one from the hotel. Not sure if I’m allowed to post what they said but it was very interesting and all of them were consistent. Anyone know if I’m allowed?
I believe if you preface it in the correct way they might let it stay up? They’ll delete it if it’s against TOS

I will just form a hypothetical based upon the oddest part of what I heard from two of them (unprompted and not around each other) that way I don’t violate anything hopefully lol.

Hypothetically, if BD nor the friend said anything to any hotel staff about Tyler being missing or asked if anyone had seen him, and if the hotel found out only after the cops showed up, wouldn't that be odd?

So going off of this, why would you not ask the employees if anyone had seen him, could look on the cameras to see if they could find anything, or at least alert them to be on the lookout for him in case he’s wandering around outside or in the lobby confused? Why not ask the desk if they had seen him in the morning before she calls the cops?

Again, hypothetically....

UMMM YEAH! What if he came back when you and 3ed wheel went out searching for 8.5 hours! This story is messy as hell. That’s absurd and hard to believe it’s a step anyone would miss.

I will just form a hypothetical based upon the oddest part of what I heard from two of them (unprompted and not around each other) that way I don’t violate anything hopefully lol.

Hypothetically, if BD nor the friend said anything to any hotel staff about Tyler being missing or asked if anyone had seen him, and if the hotel found out only after the cops showed up, wouldn't that be odd?

So going off of this, why would you not ask the employees if anyone had seen him, could look on the cameras to see if they could find anything, or at least alert them to be on the lookout for him in case he’s wandering around outside or in the lobby confused? Why not ask the desk if they had seen him in the morning before she calls the cops?

This case feels more " awkward " than any I've followed in awhile.

The more I read from his missing group and then those videos.......
Hopefully Tyler just picked up the same feeling and intentionally bolted instead of dealing with it. ( wishful thinking)

UMMM YEAH! What if he came back when you and 3ed wheel went out searching for 8.5 hours! This story is messy as hell. That’s absurd and hard to believe it’s a step anyone would miss.

If the hypothetical is true... That’s the one thing that I cannot reconcile. Before I was on the fence, but if no one indeed said anything to the hotel staff and then left looking for him knowing it’s possible he could come back to the hotel and be confused or injured or at the very least wonder where BD is, then that seems just a little TOO odd for me. I’d be showing his picture to any employee I found asking if they’d seen him and asking to keep an eye out for him. At minimum tell the front desk staff so if he calls the hotel somehow to say he got lost or whatever or even walks in, they can recognize him and say hey dude your wife went looking for you, use the phone here and call her and let her know you’re here.

I can’t even think of one reason why you wouldn’t say anything. Nothing makes logical sense to me. Even her freaking out doesn’t make sense to me because wouldn’t that make you seek information out like crazy? If you’re freaking out about someone missing it only makes logical sense that you’d ask anyone around you if they’d seen that person.

I always go back and forth as far as LE involvement and communication. I remember the Adam Gilbertson case, and how there was pretty much no PD help, communication or presence. So many people here were convinced that LE was so quiet because they knew something, that they were just getting their ducks in a row and it was only a matter of time before they told us what was happening. Well, that wasn't the case. The family had to search, and it was actually someone in their own search party that finally found poor Adam (RIP) a month later, dead in the river. Adam Gilbertson’s death ruled accidental, had opiates and cocaine in system

So, when LE is quiet, don't always assume it's because they know so much and are about to crack the case. Sadly, it's often the opposite. They have nothing, or are just not interested in helping for whatever reason.

Thanks for this example! In this case did LE even post that he was missing in the first place?

Until they have a found him or a body wouldn't they need it?

The only thing I can think of is if they have evidence to believe he’s dead. I’ve seen cases where they don’t want the public’s help at all when finding a body. However, I find it odd that they never even list him as missing in the first place.

The only thing I can think of is if they have evidence to believe he’s dead. I’ve seen cases where they don’t want the public’s help at all when finding a body. However, I find it odd that they never even list him as missing in the first place.
I thought he was on the AG website?

I brought this up a few pages back. Thanks for the hypothetical. I think the fact that she left her phone number next to the phone upstairs but didn't tell the front desk staff to call her immediately when he walked in the hotel was the biggest red flag to me.
Did you happen to find out if they hypothetically could have caught them on camera outside and in the lobby?

If the hypothetical is true... That’s the one thing that I cannot reconcile. Before I was on the fence, but if no one indeed said anything to the hotel staff and then left looking for him knowing it’s possible he could come back to the hotel and be confused or injured or at the very least wonder where BD is, then that seems just a little TOO odd for me. I’d be showing his picture to any employee I found asking if they’d seen him and asking to keep an eye out for him. At minimum tell the front desk staff so if he calls the hotel somehow to say he got lost or whatever or even walks in, they can recognize him and say hey dude your wife went looking for you, use the phone here and call her and let her know you’re here.

I can’t even think of one reason why you wouldn’t say anything. Nothing makes logical sense to me. Even her freaking out doesn’t make sense to me because wouldn’t that make you seek information out like crazy? If you’re freaking out about someone missing it only makes logical sense that you’d ask anyone around you if they’d seen that person.
It's odd. He could have come back, gone to the bathroom in the lobby and passed out. So logically you could have asked the staff to look out for their upset friend that walked off.

Another hypothetical, Since I don’t know if I’m allowed to post it here. What if they had posted a screenshot of his Google location and it showed him instead of walking back towards the hotel he was walking away from the hotel ending at Abbott labs park what if this means he was so confused the whole time he was not ever even walking towards the hotel which is what hypothetically the screenshot might show? Or could this mean that the wife lied about the calls and made up the fact that he said he could see the hotel and yes I did read somewhere that he grew up in Circleville so he most likely would have been familiar with Easton.

BBM above...
Do you mean (that small body of water) in the these trees??? Google Maps

Cuz THAT is really close to the Hilton....FWIW.

ETA: And (meant to add) yes it does appear to be a pond

ETA2; The other blue bit closer to the hotel appears to be a parking lot but notice the man hole cover straight ahead in the forefront when you open this link....also THAT is the Hilton where they stayed?? straight across the way in the background across the block there - the building with the fancy white trim === OR is it not? Google Maps
I wish I could repost the screenshot But it’s not from an approved Facebook but it is very interesting.

Just did some digging. I saw no Columbus PD reports about Tyler at all. He wasn’t even mentioned on their Twitter account which they are very active on. Seems odd I agree. Any ideas?

I find it odd but maybe I’m unfairly judging and it’s not uncommon? Since anonypotomous mentioned that LE didn’t communicate in the Adam Gilbertson case, my question was about Adam’s case, did LE never even post that he was missing initially, like CPD in Tyler’s case.

I wonder why? Are we able to get a police report through the freedom of information act?

Good question. I’m not sure if you can since it’s still an active investigation but you might be able to.

I find it odd but maybe I’m unfairly judging and it’s not uncommon? Since anonypotomous mentioned that LE didn’t communicate in the Adam Gilbertson case, my question was about Adam’s case, did LE never even post that he was missing initially, like CPD in Tyler’s case.

Ah I see, sorry I thought you were talking about Tyler. Regardless, why would any police department keep quiet, not just on social media but in the actual media about a disappearance? The first 72 hours of a disappearance and finding witnesses while everything is fresh in their mind is literally critical to recovery. That’s a widely researched and common knowledge thing. I can’t see any LE agency not at least saying if you have any information contact this number etc etc. By now anyone who saw anything has started to forget important details.

Ah I see, sorry I thought you were talking about Tyler. Regardless, why would any police department keep quiet, not just on social media but in the actual media about a disappearance? The first 72 hours of a disappearance and finding witnesses while everything is fresh in their mind is literally critical to recovery. That’s a widely researched and common knowledge thing. I can’t see any LE agency not at least saying if you have any information contact this number etc etc. By now anyone who saw anything has started to forget important details.

Don’t be sorry, my post wasn’t clear.

I’m stumped by the lack of even 1 statement from CPD too. I feel like this is adding to the speculation and scrutiny on certain folks.

This is all so confusing, and upsetting.
You know, even when the whole Sherry Papini thing happened, LE was still very open for quite some time about it being an open investigation and what they were doing to try to find her "kidnappers" . . . . . even though no one BELIEVED her. Even if LE didn't want to release any info yet, they would at the very least use the line they always use "This is an active investigation and we can't comment further at this time"!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member