OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all so confusing, and upsetting.
You know, even when the whole Sherry Papini thing happened, LE was still very open for quite some time about it being an open investigation and what they were doing to try to find her "kidnappers" . . . . . even though no one BELIEVED her. Even if LE didn't want to release any info yet, they would at the very least use the line they always use "This is an active investigation and we can't comment further at this time"!!!!

I was at least expecting a Facebook post from CPD like they posted for Danny Fouts on March 30. Maybe they don’t always do that for missing people.

deleted my duplicate post

Last edited:
I’m struggling to find any msm reports where LE say anything other than Tyler Davis was “reported missing”. Is this normal with a missing person case, particularly when they have being missing this long?

Admittedly there are some US news items that I am unable to open, being located in the UK, so I realise there may be reports giving more information on LE’s involvement in this case, so apologies if I have overlooked reports showing more concern by LE.

I’m struggling to find any msm reports where LE say anything other than Tyler Davis was “reported missing”. Is this normal with a missing person case, particularly when they have being missing this long?

Admittedly there are some US news items that I am unable to open, being located in the UK, so I realise there may be reports giving more information on LE’s involvement in this case, so apologies if I have overlooked reports showing more concern by LE.

Can you point me to where you even see this? I couldn’t find where LE said anything.

This case feels more " awkward " than any I've followed in awhile.

The more I read from his missing group and then those videos.......
Hopefully Tyler just picked up the same feeling and intentionally bolted instead of dealing with it. ( wishful thinking)

It's awkward because of no official press conference from LE, or posts on their site. No press from Tyler's family (mom & dad) and his best friend.
There's little info to go except the word of mouth (no evidence for us to comb over.)
We are told his best friend was the last to see him, no footage of Tyler entering the hotel after the fated Uber ride back.

Good question. I’m not sure if you can since it’s still an active investigation but you might be able to.
One of the more popular FOIA exemptions invoked by government agencies is the exemption under 7(1)(d)(i) of the FOIA Act, which exempts law enforcement records to the extent that disclosure would “interfere with pending or actually and reasonably contemplated law enforcement proceedings.” Under this exemption, it is common for law enforcement agencies to withhold police reports while an investigation is pending

In Illinois, the Public Access Bureau of the Attorney General has opined that the mere existence of an open police investigation will not exempt a police report from the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

Following the new Attorney General Opinion, an open investigation does not automatically invoke this exemption in my State, but I'm not sure about Ohio.

That's actually another thing I hadn't thought of until you mentioned it. . . . . . where are the press conferences? Where are his parents, begging the public to bring him home? Has anyone actually heard or seen ANYTHING out of his parents?
I know the BD camp has been all over social media about this, but why not the TD camp?

That's actually another thing I hadn't thought of until you mentioned it. . . . . . where are the press conferences? Where are his parents, begging the public to bring him home? Has anyone actually heard or seen ANYTHING out of his parents?
I know the BD camp has been all over social media about this, but why not the TD camp?

No idea. I know some people are private and are not media savvy (I don't blame them) but the longer this goes the harder it will be to solve.

No idea. I know some people are private and are not media savvy (I don't blame them) but the longer this goes the harder it will be to solve.

the longer this goes on, the WEIRDER it is to solve. i have so much to say about this case, and for whatever reason, it's become really close to my heart, but damn, this guy needs to be found. at this point, i don't care who -dun- it. i just want tyler to be found. moo.

BBM above...
Do you mean (that small body of water) in the these trees??? Google Maps

Cuz THAT is really close to the Hilton....FWIW.

ETA: And (meant to add) yes it does appear to be a pond

ETA2; The other blue bit closer to the hotel appears to be a parking lot but notice the man hole cover straight ahead in the forefront when you open this link....also THAT is the Hilton where they stayed?? straight across the way in the background across the block there - the building with the fancy white trim === OR is it not? Google Maps

yes there is a bunch of trees (with a small body of water) but remember in February in Ohio those trees have no leaves on them and that water is prob frozen and not very deep (not that that matters because I'm sure someone could still have an accident and drown in it)I guess my main point was when tyler went missing on feb 24 that space looked nothing like that. Also, yes that is the hilton where they stayed with the fancy white trim in the background of the second image. Thanks for posting the pics

yes there is a bunch of trees (with a small body of water) but remember in February in Ohio those trees have no leaves on them and that water is prob frozen and not very deep (not that that matters because I'm sure someone could still have an accident and drown in it)I guess my main point was when tyler went missing on feb 24 that space looked nothing like that. Also, yes that is the hilton where they stayed with the fancy white trim in the background of the second image. Thanks for posting the pics

I'm local.

The lots being discussed are East of The Hilton at Easton Town Center.

These lots lies just west of I270

The northern most lot was the location of the Aladdin Shrine Temple, an event venue.
The structure was torn down more than a year ago.

On that lot there are 2 retaining ponds. Both are man made.
This portion of the lot is being used by Easton grounds maintenance and somewhat by the construction companies working on the opposite side of Stelzer Rd. (my observation)

Just south of the Shrine Temple, is an un-improved lot. It is covered with sparse trees and undergrowth. During February it would seem somewhat barren.

Adjacent to the previous lot and immediately south, is a lot that is being used as a repository for construction soil. As one might imagine, there has been a good bit of excavation in the area and this lot has been used by a local trucking company to store and sell top soil and fill dirt.

My point in this description is to suggest that this area has been accessed regularly since the end of February. It would be less likely to be overlooked in any search activity, and is possibly less likely to be a place one might end up.

Just listened to the TCG episode again and got hung up on the Abott labs part. Looked it up and looks like it’s about 10 miles south of the Easton Hilton, and also RIGHT next to the Downtown Hilton. Didnt they stay at the Easton Hilton? Is it possible he had it in his head that they were at the other Hilton and that’s why he wandered down there?

The one point that raised my eyebrows was when the Captain pointed out that the lobby cameras would corroborate her account of them going to the room to charge cell phone etc. The logical response from her should have been, “of course!” But she was silent then said they weren’t IN the lobby. Then when he pressed her that they would have gone THROUGH the lobby to go up to the room she dodged and redirected the conversation to the room being on the 4th floor. I thought that was odd.
RSBM for focus

Between their arrival back at the Hilton and LE’s arrival after Brittany called them, was any one of them caught on security cameras at the hotel or otherwise?

Phone records and hotel room key usage would reveal some information, too, but there is no way to know who was making a phone call, sending a text, etc., or who was using a key at any moment.

I am finding it almost impossible to gauge the accuracy of BD’s account of those eight hours or so as nothing has been corroborated by LE or anyone else, other than that “Tyler was last seen in Columbus, Ohio on 2/24/2019. He was last seen wearing a green and blue flannel, white t-shirt, blue jeans, and Nike shoes” as posted on the OH AG’s website:
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...io-Missing-Persons/Missing-Adults-1/Davis-(8)

As far as the friend is concerned, I don’t believe he has made any detailed statements as to what happened that night.

FWIW, the following is from an article that was published three days after Joey Labute was last seen alive:
“Police say detectives are working to try to locate LaBute, who was last seen at Union restaurant in the Short North neighborhood Friday night. Detectives are ‘collecting possible evidence and talking to people he knows or was with when he went missing over the weekend,’ police said Tuesday.”
Columbus detectives searching for missing 26-year-old man

Six days:
“On Friday, Columbus police said surveillance video from the bar did not yield clues. A spokesperson for the department said the video was poor quality and that, while detectives had reviewed hours and hours of video, they couldn't find him in the crowded bar.”
Parents facing almost a week since missing man last seen

And coverage continued pretty consistent the entire three weeks he remained missing:
Found Deceased - OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #2

I’m sorry for the rambling. Just an observation.

Just listened to the TCG episode again and got hung up on the Abott labs part. Looked it up and looks like it’s about 10 miles south of the Easton Hilton, and also RIGHT next to the Downtown Hilton. Didnt they stay at the Easton Hilton? Is it possible he had it in his head that they were at the other Hilton and that’s why he wandered down there?
I believe there is another one dowtown, he was at the Abbotts Lab by Easton.

RSBM for focus

Between their arrival back at the Hilton and LE’s arrival after Brittany called them, was any one of them caught on security cameras at the hotel or otherwise?

Phone records and hotel room key usage would reveal some information, too, but there is no way to know who was making a phone call, sending a text, etc., or who was using a key at any moment.

I am finding it almost impossible to gauge the accuracy of BD’s account of those eight hours or so as nothing has been corroborated by LE or anyone else, other than that “Tyler was last seen in Columbus, Ohio on 2/24/2019. He was last seen wearing a green and blue flannel, white t-shirt, blue jeans, and Nike shoes” as posted on the OH AG’s website:
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...io-Missing-Persons/Missing-Adults-1/Davis-(8)

As far as the friend is concerned, I don’t believe he has made any detailed statements as to what happened that night.

FWIW, the following is from an article that was published three days after Joey Labute was last seen alive:
“Police say detectives are working to try to locate LaBute, who was last seen at Union restaurant in the Short North neighborhood Friday night. Detectives are ‘collecting possible evidence and talking to people he knows or was with when he went missing over the weekend,’ police said Tuesday.”

Six days:
“On Friday, Columbus police said surveillance video from the bar did not yield clues. A spokesperson for the department said the video was poor quality and that, while detectives had reviewed hours and hours of video, they couldn't find him in the crowded bar.”

And coverage continued pretty consistent the entire three weeks he remained missing:

Good post with good observations. Where is the police presence I wonder

RSBM for focus

Six days:

The possibility I can see is that from the beginning the police have a theory and need time to gaither information and evidence.....and because it was in Easton they do not want the publicity so they are working totally behind the scene.

Ok guys, im new to websleuths, something about this case gets me though, im very interested in missing persons and active investigations. Id be very much interested to see what you guys think ! Also very keen to see what others are saying, but theres 47 pages so far, so will take a while for me to catch up !

After listening to part 1 of the Truce Crime Garage episode 2 key times have got my spidey senses tingling when listening to her account, keep in mind how detailed her account has been the entire time, its almost like shes learned this story until 2 times the captain asked her questions which could have taken her "off script"

Video timestamps included

45:20 the captain asks about her battery and the fact her phone had been nearly dead for seemingly most of the night and she had only 10 mins of extra charge since Tyler went missing and how its surprising its still working at this point - firstly great *advertiser censored* question Captain. Now, listen carefully to her response. I fully believe this is the first time shes been asked or even thought about this specific moment of the case. Her response is extremely vague "yeah it was almost dead" THEN notice what she does, she deflects any chance of being followed up on this by going on another long talk repeating things shes already mentioned. Its what someone might do if they wanted the other person to forget this question. At this point i thought ok maybe this could be down to nerves, but i will listen out if this happens again, sure enough...

54:30 The captain is essentially asking whether the hotel cctv would verify her movements that night, firstly she says she wasnt where the cctv was in the lobby, then the captain clarifys this and hes pretty much asking her if the lobby would still verify the times she said she went back to her room. Then the captain made a slight mistake by offering a small follow up question regarding being on the 4th floor, she sure jumps in to answer this and lets forget about the lobby camera questions. So i would LOVE to know if this footage was ever looked at regarding her timeline.
Im not saying shes guilty of being involved but those 2 parts of the interview do make me a little suspicious.

From her own evidence the only way i can make things fit are 1. He ran away (she has access to joint accounts and has made no inference to accounts being used) 2. He had an accident (yet no body or evidence of accident) 3. He met foul play from a 3rd party (very unlucky to be in wrong place at SUCH a quiet time of night) or 4 aliens ? Or 5...

This is a way I believe she could be involved being consistent with the evidence that she cant fake -

The path for her being involved would be something pre planned between her and the friend, involving drugging drinks of Tyler to get him into this sleepy state, im sure the uber driver has verified that - the friend falling asleep in the uber car would be a nice added touch "oh we were all SO drunk". From there friend takes tyler to his car, friend gives Brittany his own phone so the tracking would see him at the hotel or nearby. While friend is away killing Tyler, she places her own phone next to the side of the hotel where she said she had been waiting - btw why was she waiting at the side of the hotel anyway in the dark? Surely youd wait in lobby or directly outside lobby? BUT if the friend had previously scouted the hotel and seen theres no cameras at the side it makes sense. So she then walks around with her friends phone "looking" for Tyler. Hey presto all GPS evidence is covered.. At some point the friend makes 2 dummy calls to the wife, The friend then returns after "looking" for Tyler picks up his phone from Brittany then leaves for good and at this point had all the time in the world to dispose of a body. Brittany then calls friends etc to be the distraught wife.
After i wrote this i then pondered to myself, ok if that actually happened, why the hell would i go on a podcast? Best answer i have for that is 1. to keep up pretence of being devoted wife 2. Im a murdering pyscho anyway and 3. A plan as exquisite as this if pulled off might be hard for a psycho to not want to revel in it somewhat and show off how clever theyve been and continue to be. Could also explain why she would try to keep the friend out of any media exposure, she feels she can control the narrative but doesnt have confidence in her friend to match her genius and potentially say something dumb and blow it.

*advertiser censored* the above is so dark i hope im wrong and is 100% hypothesis, but are there potential holes in the above ? Also really wondering why would a friend leave while someone is still missing and leaving a woman alone in the middle of the night it makes no sense.

Sorry for length !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members