CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under normal circumstances, you would probably be correct. But it seems, according to testimony that he was equally adept at scamming materials and supplies. See Metro testimony.

Indeed, if he only recognized half of that as income, he probably should never have bought that wonderful home that ended up selling for about half the price, and leaving his significant other to barely subsist in a run-down trailer.

Unfortunately, NPD types are only interested in results that empower them personally.
For the record, he never bought the home. He leased it with an option to purchase.

Under normal circumstances, you would probably be correct. But it seems, according to testimony that he was equally adept at scamming materials and supplies. See Metro testimony.

Indeed, if he only recognized half of that as income, he probably should never have bought that wonderful home that ended up selling for about half the price, and leaving his significant other to barely subsist in a run-down trailer.

Unfortunately, NPD types are only interested in results that empower them personally.

Where in Sequieda's testimony did he talk about scamming materials and supplies? I have been taking a ton of cold meds, so maybe I'm just not remembering.

He didn't buy the house... so he didn't sell it either. It was a rent-to-own deal that 'fell through'. I don't think we have any more detail than that.

JMO

Especially homes out in the Inland Empire. There was a huge increase in Real Estate prices in the early 2000's because of the speculation that many people who worked in the city of LA area would rather commute, and buy a home an hour or two out of the City.

So housing prices began increasing and soon everyone was investing heavily, buying them up as fast as they could. At some point the bubble burst, and everyone was left with upside down mortgages.

Inland Empire was one of the hardest hit areas of the mortgage crisis in '08, at least that was said on the local news at the time.

I can personally attest to the fact that it was hit hard.
Inland Empire was one of the hardest hit areas of the mortgage crisis in '08, at least that was said on the local news at the time.

Yes, The Inland Empire got hit hard, much like the Stockton/Modesto area got hit for the same reasons.

When the cost of housing in LA and the SF Bay Area first began to rise very high, people began to move out to further cities, and they just commuted. Soon, the property values in those outlying cities began rising fast. And it created a housing boom in places like Modesto and Turlock, and places like Victorville.etc

But once the bubble burst, the prices fell fast. Since people still had reason to live near the jobs, in LA and SF,they still invested in homes there. But they had much less reason to live in the outer areas, so those property values never rebounded. And the people in the outlying cities, who had bought at the high end of the bubble, lost everything.

ESPECIALLY, if someone bought a house as investment property. Then had the poor foresight, to rent to a deadbeat, in/out of jail, bounced chks/overdrawn chking acct, LATE RENT PAYER, con-man extraordinaire.

Where in Sequieda's testimony did he talk about scamming materials and supplies? I have been taking a ton of cold meds, so maybe I'm just not remembering.

He didn't buy the house... so he didn't sell it either. It was a rent-to-own deal that 'fell through'. I don't think we have any more detail than that.

JMO
I read something recently about Sequida saying about MSMetal didn't trust Merritt around there. Will see if i can find it and post it up. I think CM gave quite a few people in his business dealings a bad vibe with good reason, IMO.

I read something recently about Sequida saying about MSMetal didn't trust Merritt around there. Will see if i can find it and post it up. I think CM gave quite a few people in his business dealings a bad vibe with good reason, IMO.

He did talk about that, however, some of what he said was also contradicted by what Carmen testified about. I would have actually liked to have heard from Sequieda Sr. but we didn't, for whatever reason.

But I was asking about the 'scamming materials and supplies', which I don't recall in Sequeida's testimony.

I was looking at some of the snips I grabbed on Thursday.... one is showing when Dan called SDSD, it shows he called a number 0111808381706 <<< what is that??? lol and whatever it is, he connected for 3 minutes.

The other one is of QB's log's. It shows on January 22, 2010, Charles Merritt was added as a vendor. Isn't that odd? Wouldn't he have been a vendor before then? This was also in the Contact Account. Much has been said that Merritt was already a vendor on the Contact side... I just assumed it had been there for years since they were doing business together for years, but this is showing it had just been added a few weeks previous to the 4th of Feb. (I am going to back and look into old testimony to see what I can find out about cheques he received previous to that ... handwritten? different name?)

ETA: In April Coronado's testimony, she is shown some previous handwritten cheques made out to Charles Merritt, and during Scott Weitzman's testimony, it lists all cheques from EIP to Charles Merritt... and it says "Pay to Charles Merritt". Both can be found on Day 21 Part 3

Attachments

• Dan's calls to SDSD.JPG
    Dan's calls to SDSD.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 11
  • QB's vendor added CM.JPG
    QB's vendor added CM.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
He did talk about that, however, some of what he said was also contradicted by what Carmen testified about. I would have actually liked to have heard from Sequieda Sr. but we didn't, for whatever reason.

But I was asking about the 'scamming materials and supplies', which I don't recall in Sequeida's testimony.
I think these statements are self explanatory about Merritt and the MSM business, and why do you think they didn't trust him?
(quote)
Maline probed about a “shouting match” involving Merritt that occurred at the Metro Sheet Metal factory. Sequeida said that argument involving Merritt was with his father and that he had not been involved in it. “I was always trying to keep the waters calm and continue working,” Sequeida said.
Sequeida said that after that confrontation between Merritt and his father, he did not want Merritt around.
“He wasn’t to be trusted,” said Sequeida.
Sequeida testified that Merritt did not have free access to the Metro Sheet Metal shop or a key.

missy said:
I was looking at some of the snips I grabbed on Thursday.... one is showing when Dan called SDSD, it shows he called a number 0111808381706 <<< what is that??? lol and whatever it is, he connected for 3 minutes.

011 - is calling internationally. 1 - you have to put in before an area code. 808 - area code - the rest the phone #.

edited to add: it looks like you are missing a # in the phone # part.

Monday, April 22nd:
*Trial continues (Day 43) (@ 9:30am PT) - CA - McStay Family: Joseph (40), Summer (43), Gianni (4) & Joey Jr (3) (Feb. 4, 2010, Fallbrook; found Nov. 11, 2013) - *Charles "Chase" Ray Merritt (57/now 60) arrested (11/5/14) & indicted (11/7/14) of 4 counts of murder with special circumstance; plead not guilty. DP case.
Trial started 1/7/19. Dark on all Fridays. 8 women & 4 men (alternates include 4 men & 2 women).
Trial Days (1-39; 1/17/19 thru 4/11/19) reference post #24 here:
CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #16

4/15/19 Day none: No court today, Merritt has a doctor’s appointment & his attorneys failed to tell the court. Court continues on 4/16.
4/16/19 Day 40: Defense witnesses: Annette Dron, QuickBooks Sales Manager. Sarah Kane, custodian of records, PayPal. Bryan C. La Rock, computer forensic analyst. Court continues on 4/17.
4/17/19 Day 41: Defense witness: Bryan Charles La Rock, computer forensic analyst. Trial continues on 4/18.
4/18/19 Day 42: Defense witness: Bryan Charles La Rock continues on cross. Motions hearing Friday, 4/19, with no jurors. Trial with jurors continues on Monday, 4/22.
4/19/19 Day none: Motions hearing without jurors. CSR Directed to prepare transcript of proceedings.
Tentative Schedule for week of April 22nd thru 26th: Court with jurors on April 22 (Monday) and April 23 (Tuesday). On April 24 (Wednesday) - Motion hearing: Quash SDT-Google/Microsoft (Microsoft Corp. Motion To Quash Defendants Subpoena Duces Tecum). Court with jurors on April 25 (Thursday). Dark on April 26 (Friday).

The other one is of QB's log's. It shows on January 22, 2010, Charles Merritt was added as a vendor. Isn't that odd? Wouldn't he have been a vendor before then? This was also in the Contact Account. Much has been said that Merritt was already a vendor on the Contact side... I just assumed it had been there for years since they were doing business together for years, but this is showing it had just been added a few weeks previous to the 4th of Feb. (I am going to back and look into old testimony to see what I can find out about cheques he received previous to that ... handwritten? different name?)

ETA: In April Coronado's testimony, she is shown some previous handwritten cheques made out to Charles Merritt, and during Scott Weitzman's testimony, it lists all cheques from EIP to Charles Merritt... and it says "Pay to Charles Merritt". Both can be found on Day 21 Part 3
A Vendor is just a party in the supply chain that makes goods and services available to companies or consumers.
JM had only been doing business with Merritt for a couple of years.
Not sure where you are going in regard to previous checks?

Through all of this Smoke and Mirrors.
I so want the ruthless murderer of Joey, Summer and their two beautiful little boys, to be found guilty and sentenced to hell.
What this killer did to this loving family that night should never be marginalized.
I cannot fathom the pain and suffering that was inflicted on this family by this murderous son of a .
I really could give a *advertiser censored* about all of the legal jargon.
There are 4 innocent, good people who where tortured and cruelly murdered for no reason.
They were nothing but kind to the son of a who tortured them all.
I am just plain angry about these muders.
I want the murderer of these innocents to get the maximum penalty.
Unfortunately, in California, that is not going to happen.
So, I can only hope that the rest of this murderous monsters life is pure hell.

I think these statements are self explanatory about Merritt and the MSM business, and why do you think they didn't trust him?
(quote)
Maline probed about a “shouting match” involving Merritt that occurred at the Metro Sheet Metal factory. Sequeida said that argument involving Merritt was with his father and that he had not been involved in it. “I was always trying to keep the waters calm and continue working,” Sequeida said.
Sequeida said that after that confrontation between Merritt and his father, he did not want Merritt around.
“He wasn’t to be trusted,” said Sequeida.
Sequeida testified that Merritt did not have free access to the Metro Sheet Metal shop or a key.

And then later Carmen testified, and when asked during cross, she said she had seen Chase there by himself and she thought he had a key.

But that doesn't mean that Sequeida wasn't telling the truth as he knew it. I believe what he said in that he didn't trust CM and didn't want him to have sole access or to have a key.

But knowing what we know about chase, and his history as a con artist/thief, it is no surprise he came up with a key and would come and go as he pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam