IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a really abusive relationship once in my 20’s in all the ways a human can be abusive to another. I lied to a cop for him one time. It was nothing as serious but still serious and something i could have gotten in huge trouble for. Thinking back I respected the justice system just as much then as I do now. I was a true crime buff then too and understood the repercussions, but I was more afraid of him than any jail. That’s what i see on her face. All my unsubstantiated opinion.

Interesting theory - one I hadn't thought of, but now that you mention it, I am curious to explore this possibility. The thing I cannot get out of my head is the no tears and emotion. For me, that is telling.

I was trying to be objective in this thread earlier and got jumped on. I live here. It's hard for me not to be objective. I don't want the worst to have happened here. I want to be open to other possibilities but due to history of drug abuse and dcfs involvement, no one seems to want to even go there. I understand but come on! This is websleuths.
What's your theory? The publicly known facts do not bode well. It appears to have been a high risk home. With these kinds of risk factors and no evidence to the contrary it points squarely at the parents. And that means he most likely was killed by them. The question seems to be which one, or was it both? The talk about dogs did not say if they were cadaver dogs. If those were cadaver dogs and they picked up the deceased scent and it only stayed in the house, what does that mean? If he was murdered in the house, LE should know that from the dog's reaction. And to them it would be a murder investigation at this point. If it's a crime scene, no one should be staying at the home. From the DCFS records they would immediately know who was the aggressor or accused aggressor. It would be a matter of evidence. Sufficient motives and circumstances seem to exist. Hopefully, LE acts swiftly.

Last edited:
I didn't think that this would become national, but it made nightly news with lester holt. Little Noah McIntosh's story didn't become national news... along with many others. I wonder why that is. I follow these stories closely in the news, as i am a mom to young boy. I am flabbergasted over the fact that this has happened down the street from us. Its so hard to fathom that a little guy with in arms reach might have gone hungry... needing much love and support . Its so easy to become judgemental but i wish we could all just stop and perhaps help to lessen the stigma of dealing with drug addiction and domestic violence...so people suffering would have an easier time speaking up.

What's your theory? The publicly known facts do not bode well. It appears to have been a high risk home. With these kinds of risk factors and no evidence to the contrary it points squarely at the parents. And that means he most likely was killed by them. The question seems to be which one, or was it both? The talk about dogs did not say if they were cadaver dogs. If those were cadaver dogs and they picked up the deceased scent and it only stayed in the house, what does that mean? If he was murdered in the house, LE should know that from the dog's reaction. And to them it would be a murder investigation at this point. If it's a crime scene, no one should be staying at the home. From the DCFS records they would immediately know who was the aggressor or accused aggressor. It would be a matter of evidence. Sufficient motives and circumstances seem to exist. Hopefully, LE acts swiftly.
I do not have a particular theory. The weather Thursday night, It was extremely windy. We had a thunderstorm. Maybe that could be a reason for the dogs not picking up a scent. Like I said before, she regularly attended the club in crystal lake. I am in recovery myself. I wouldn't be caught dead at that club because of the types of people that tend to hang out there. Its not a good place. It sounds like LE might have information that has not yet been released... but since I do not have that information, my mind wonders about people they associate with and whether there are possibilities there.

So much judgment in these threads

I do not have a particular theory. The weather Thursday night, It was extremely windy. We had a thunderstorm. Maybe that could be a reason for the dogs not picking up a scent. Like I said before, she regularly attended the club in crystal lake. I am in recovery myself. I wouldn't be caught dead at that club because of the types of people that tend to hang out there. Its not a good place. It sounds like LE might have information that has not yet been released... but since I do not have that information, my mind wonders about people they associate with and whether there are possibilities there.

So much judgment in these threads

But yes, the facts do not make them look good and if I had to guess, I would guess that something happened in the home.

Except law enforcement has ruled out abduction.
You're exactly right; I think it's where my hopeful brain is trying to go to think of ways where that sweet baby might still be here with us.
I'm thinking all the exact same things you are. I wonder how they ruled out an abduction. In the media it seems to be told they ruled it out based on the sniffer dogs alone... I wouldn't put my faith in a sniffer dog due to the weather Thursday thru Friday. If it was a cadaver dog that hit on that trunk however....

Maybe that's the info we will get from LE tomorrow

I didn't think that this would become national, but it made nightly news with lester holt. Little Noah McIntosh's story didn't become national news... along with many others. I wonder why that is. I follow these stories closely in the news, as i am a mom to young boy. I am flabbergasted over the fact that this has happened down the street from us. Its so hard to fathom that a little guy with in arms reach might have gone hungry... needing much love and support . Its so easy to become judgemental but i wish we could all just stop and perhaps help to lessen the stigma of dealing with drug addiction and domestic violence...so people suffering would have an easier time speaking up.

The fact is that drug addicts often don't want help. They want to continue using drugs. And, sorry if this is offensive, many people who are involved in domestic violence, are actually addicted to the drama and unhealthy dynamics dysfunction of an addictive relationship.

That is why when a woman leaves abuse, she often goes back, even if she has choices. It is a codependent relationship. As for the children, I truly believe that there is no potential for rehabilitation after abusing or neglecting children. I don't believe in giving children back to bad parents. And sadly, this premise has been proven true, over and over again.

We were not told anything about cadaver dogs. Only dogs smelling for AJ's scent. We shouldn't assume those were cadaver dogs, even though it's hard to fathom a cadaver dog wouldn't be used. Maybe we will learn about a cadaver dog tomorrow.

The fact is that drug addicts often don't want help. They want to continue using drugs. And, sorry if this is offensive, many people who are involved in domestic violence, are actually addicted to the drama and unhealthy dynamics dysfunction of an addictive relationship.

That is why when a woman leaves abuse, she often goes back, even if she has choices. It is a codependent relationship. As for the children, I truly believe that there is no potential for rehabilitation after abusing or neglecting children. I don't believe in giving children back to bad parents. And sadly, this premise has been proven true, over and over again.
Having an addiction and murdering a CHILD are two different things. Unless she’s a murderous domestic abuser, it would seem more likely that neglect would have contributed or a dependence on an unsafe situation with an unsafe person.

There an epidemic right now and these numbers are staggering. To say that addicts don’t want help... are they all garbage people? All of them? Because your talking about a good chunk of the population right now.

Last edited:

It’s been proven over and over .... in the news. And that’s where your coming from... your coming from your sofa. So I understand.

There’s help for people and people take the help that is offered all of the time . They move on with their lives. To say that anyone that has had a struggle should lose their children forever is not the way it works, and it’s not the way it should work. It’s also why getting help for such situations has become so hard for mothers especially. If I lived under a rock, trust me, I would say the exact same thing you are.... it’s just not realistic.

Having an addiction and murdering a CHILD are two different things. Unless she’s a murderous domestic abuser, it would seem more likely that neglect would have contributed or a dependence on an unsafe situation with an unsafe person.

There an epidemic right now and these numbers are staggering. To say that addicts don’t want help... are they all garbage people? All of them? Because your talking about a good chunk of the population right now.

I didn't see the term 'garbage people' in the OP you are referring to.

I didn’t quote her. It was a question. Someone who was addicted and never wanted help would kinda make that person a garbage person... to me at least
I don't think the OP said that addicted people NEVER wanted help:

'often don't' is not the same thing as 'never.'

I don't think the OP is saying an addicted parent shouldn't ever, no matter what, regain custody.

And I don't think it is fair to say the OP is just coming from 'her sofa' and from passively watching
the news.

Way too many of us have seen this kind of neglect/abuse within our own friends and families. We have seen addicted parents go in and out of rehab dozens of times. Their children being bounced around, living in chaotic childhood situations, and it is heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine