IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 April 2019:

WATCH: Mom of missing 5-year-old boy refuses to speak, lawyers up & sobs while attorney says she ‘may be considered a suspect’

“Mrs. Cunningham doesn’t know what happened to A.J. and had nothing to do with the disappearance of A.J.,” attorney George Kililis said on Friday, shortly before police raided the Cunningham family home off of Dole Lane in Crystal Lake. “Mrs. Cunningham is worried sick; she’s devastated.”

While JoAnn Cunningham stood sobbing beside her lawyer, Killis asked the public for privacy and “compassion” for his client. When a local reporter asked Cunningham to speak, Killis said the woman would not be answering questions and instead, he urged the community to help find the little boy.

WATCH: Mom of missing 5-year-old boy refuses to speak, lawyers up & sobs while attorney says she ‘may be considered a suspect’

New: Police in Crystal Lake say they don’t believe a kidnapping took place as they continue to investigate the disappearance of 5-year-old Andrew “AJ” Freund. Search dogs lost Andrew’s scent once they left his home, police said.

Police are back at the home today. @fox32news

B0726CC2-9C13-40E6-A5C0-983C27ACF2D0.jpeg A0C22D10-979F-4FE3-88EC-CF1548C0355B.jpeg

Dakarai Turner on Twitter

Update: After leaving his home this afternoon with detectives, the father of missing 5-year-old Crystal Lake boy #AndrewFreund returns. “I don’t,” he said when I asked him if he knows what happened to his son.

He described the past few days as “hell.”

@fox32news

0F2F5764-4938-4333-91C8-38F05DD5CDC3.jpeg

Dakarai Turner on Twitter

It’s been proven over and over .... in the news. And that’s where your coming from... your coming from your sofa. So I understand.

There’s help for people and people take the help that is offered all of the time . They move on with their lives. To say that anyone that has had a struggle should lose their children forever is not the way it works, and it’s not the way it should work. It’s also why getting help for such situations has become so hard for mothers especially. If I lived under a rock, trust me, I would say the exact same thing you are.... it’s just not realistic.

I don’t want to jump on this bandwagon. BUT lol
People do get help all the time. However and I don’t know how it works in the US but in Canada it’s mediocre at best and the epidemic is so bad it’s almost impossible to get a bed anywhere. Addiction is hard as hell to beat and only the lucky ones find a way out. All that said none of that is an excuse to murder or neglect your kids.
Personally what I think happened here is a series of very unfortunate events and it’s quite simple to figure out. I mean who else lives in a house with a boyfriend and father of their kids and is okay with it? Only addicts who are too involved with drugs to care in the first place. Feed addiction first all else second period! That is how it works. I speculate little AJ got into some drugs weather left unattended or a bit left behind by accident. We all hear it in the news and on social media - we know they were opiate addicts. Their house was in foreclosure they didn’t have money to be buying street pills which are harder to come by these days which means they were most likely using heroin or powdered Fentanyl an amount the size of a needle tip could be enough to kill a grown man a even lesser amount on the skin could easily kill a child. The child most likely ODd and in an attempt to keep the younger child and unborn child they did what they could to cover it up. The mother knows what happened she is classic grieving mother, knowing he isn’t coming home and dad is doing what he can to cover his tracks too. Definitely less emotional which again drugs will do to you. I was prescribed opiates once for a bad accident (I was burned on 70 percent of my body with boiling water at work) and I can tell you this when I was on those medications I didn’t give a *advertiser censored* about *advertiser censored*. Anything could of happened and I wouldn’t have cared no emotion what so ever. I couldn’t take care of my kids, luckily I had help and I wasn’t an addict so it was a few weeks and I was off them and life was normal again.
Hopefully we find out more today. Poor AJ

...... Its so easy to become judgemental but i wish we could all just stop and perhaps help to lessen the stigma of dealing with drug addiction and domestic violence...so people suffering would have an easier time speaking up.

My theory wasn't based on judgement of drug-addicted parents, but was based on what police have told us.

-House is a crime scene
(They never specified if this was due to hits by dogs alone or other evidence found within the home)
-The public is not in danger
- No evidence of an abduction
- CPS provided a timeline of their involvement with Lucas which was from his birth 5 years ago to Dec 2018, just 4-5 months ago.

Was Andrew ever able to speak up, because if there was drug use and domestic violence in this house, he was indeed a victim of it in a large way, despite not being a drug user or the domestic aggressor. Dad's not missing, Mom's not missing; but Andrew is.

My thoughts on this being someone in the household are based on what police have said; the history of drug use tells me he is one of the people suffering that perhaps did not have an easy time speaking up, that you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member