Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter is lighting up...!

Barbara MacDonald on Twitter
Live in Delphi for today’s surprising press conference about the #DelphiMurders @HLNTV @SusanHendricks
D4wR2bOXkAIO9yc.jpg

7:35 AM - 22 Apr 2019

Meredith Barack on Twitter
HAPPENING TODAY: Investigators are expected to release what’s being described as “significant new information” about the #DelphiMurders of Abby Williams & Libby German. We will have live coverage of today’s press conference on the news at noon & @rtv6 Facebook page. #AbbyandLibby
D4wEKBWXoAAyrQG.jpg

6:35 AM - 22 Apr 2019

Barbara MacDonald on Twitter
Today we’ll find out what “new direction” investigators are moving toward. Live at Noon ET on HLN. #AbbyAndLibby #DelphiMurders @SusanHendricks
D4wC4tMXsAATOQC.jpg

6:30 AM - 22 Apr 2019

Alexa Green on Twitter
26 months after Abby Williams & Libby German's deaths & still no answers. Today, @IndStatePolice will provide a "significant" update in the #DelphiMurders. Sources say no arrests have been made, but the case now moving in a "new direction." We will air live at noon.
D4v_RkuXsAI5v6V.jpg
D4v_1RDXoAA0okM.jpg

6:17 AM - 22 Apr 2019

Abby & Libby brought me here on Feb. 24, 2017. I had FB back then & the day they were reported missing it came up in my news feed. I followed news through there & one day started googling it. That search led me here...I haven’t left. I’ve checked here so frequently (hitting refresh millions of times by now) & prayed for news, was heart broken when the thread had to be shut down & just kept scanning the internet for ANY updates I could find.
I’m here, just waiting & hoping & praying that something similar to the April Tinsely case will happen today for Abby, Libby, their loved ones, their community & for all of us that have been touched by these lovely girls.
No matter what happens today, I’ll be here till the end....
MOO

I'm still hopeful they will be announcing an arrest. They said the public needs to come out and hear what they have to do. They've opened it up to everyone. They want to be able to celebrate this with the public.

Just my hopeful opinion and I'm sticking with it!

maybe they are hoping perp goes to the meeting?

I will never forget forget the day Mollie Tibbet’s body was found and the presser consisted off an arrest being made! Never in a million years did I think that presser was going to go down like that. I’m praying so hard today’s presser goes the same way! Out of no where, they have a suspect.. I know it’s super wishful thinking...

If those in charge were hoping to muster local media interest with their "pre announcement", it appears to have not worked in the nearby Terre Haute Indiana area. I could find not a single word of this news conference in their paper.

The best news right now would be they have arrested a suspect but we were told they don't have a suspect. Did that come from unnamed sources or do we have a direct quote from LE? I can't remember. Does anyone remember a pre- announcement for a presser where they warned they didn't have a suspect but it turned out they did?

The best news right now would be they have arrested a suspect but we were told they don't have a suspect. Did that come from unnamed sources or do we have a direct quote from LE? I can't remember. Does anyone remember a pre- announcement for a presser where they warned they didn't have a suspect but it turned out they did?
I'm wondering the same thing. I remember one of the releases said "...no arrest," which doesn't mean the same thing as no suspect.

JMO but I don't get the feeling that this will be a presser to announce any type of arrest or to announce a suspect. I'm hopeful, but I think its pretty unlikely moo. I think its far more likely that they have developed a DNA based image of the likely suspect MOO

ETA I just don't believe they would have used the different direction language to announce an arrest/suspect.

Last edited:
So what is it going to be guys? Are they going to say they have made an arrest? Or are they going to release some sort of evidence that they just found or have just now decided to release to the public?

My guesses in order of my most likely:
1) They announce it has been linked to other cases in Indiana and beyond. This satisfies the “no suspects” and “new direction” statements, since now the case will be part of a much wider investigation.
2) They announce an end to their failed policy of releasing no information and announce that, except for a few things, over the next few days they will be releasing a lot of info in hopes of someone recognizing something. No suspects...check. New direction...check.
3) The suspect is dead. Investigation changes to prove conclusively he did it and and answer question as to how and why the crime occurred. New direction, No suspect really.
3) Charges are being filed against an incarcerated individual. New direction. Charges filed.
4) Parabon or DNA analysis information. No suspects. New direction...hmmm not really. (I’ve Never thought they had DNA)
5) A release of some of the audio or video or cause of death or some other piece of evidence previously withheld. No suspect. No new direction.
I’ll take any of these today and celebrate them as a step forward.

I hope my hunch is right.

Just 24 hours after he was slapped with the new charges, Indiana State Police announced there had been a significant development in their investigation into the deaths of Libby German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, who went missing in Delphi, on February 14, 2017.

Since the two girls were found dead, authorities have consistently stated that they have no concrete suspects and the public would be notified when that changes.

Indiana man who looks like sketch of teen girls' murderer in Indiana is given new child sex charges | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong