Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy is like most other murderers, I’m sure he was terrified of being caught in the days and weeks after he did this.

Imagine his relief when law enforcement released the sketch of a man, who apparently looks nothing like him.

He has to be nervous as hell today.

Exactly! Maybe LE thinks releasing the new sketch will make BG realize that they know who he is and he’ll either confess or make a huge mistake because he knows that LE knows the truth.

Ok.. so they say 18-40. Does that mean perp could've been 16 at the time of the murders?

That's exactly what I was thinking. If so, he was a highschooler and possibly connected to Libby and/or Abby's social group or social media. It would explain why BG was in the park on a Monday afternoon instead of at work. Since Libby's sister dropped the girls off, I'm wondering if she told a friend/coworker about taking them to the trails. If so, that person, or someone connected to that person could be BG.

Voice sounds a lot older to me. I don't have any friends that are in their 20's-ate 30's that sound like that... sketch could be older though, I'm thinking like early 40's. It does sound like he's saying "guys" I use that term when referring to a group of 1 or more people, even if it is all females

I afraid I am 100% with you on this.
That is not the voice (audio). Or posture (video) of anyone I know under the age of 40.

When I listen to the audio, it reminds me of the raspy voice of George C. Scott in the movie "Patton".

I think there is another motive to releasing this new information which portrays the peep as younger.

All in all, a strange press conference. We are hearing the family was given this news today and left 'angry'. There is an LE official who is extremely emotional while talking but, quite frankly, the "new" info released does not match the emotions noted for the family or the LE official. The video and audio files are not much more than already seen/heard especially after some WS members linked the known photos together to create a .gif. The info on the abandoned vehicle is very limited so what exactly caused the elevated emotions for family and LE?
Banking on a killer who was around 40 to 60 years of age over the course of two years and subsequently seeing people pushed under the bus, dashing any potential suspects the family thought could be responsible had they had any privately, feelings of confusion.

Of course there is the element that it is additionally someone they may all know...

The way Carter spoke to me means they almost have to have a POI in mind and have an idea who did it. He used phrases such as “we have a witness” and “you made mistakes”. Love that the centerpiece of his statement was about taking power away from the killer. Telling him you think you’re so much smarter than us? Well check this out.

Combined with the fact that he outright said the suspect lives or works in Delphi means they have to have someone in mind. Really think that sketch was purposely drawn like the person they think did it in the hopes they’ll turn themselves in or someone in the community will recognize them and be able to provide corroborating evidence such as statements made, etc to help get a conviction.

This PC kind of came out of nowhere and the nature of it leads me to believe they are very close and the who did this days are numbered. Godspeed ISP, capture, trial and needle. Please make it happen.
Could be right, but then why such a wide span on the age?
If they suspected an individual wouldn't they say 20-22?

I've listened to the PC over and over on YouTube and I'm still confused as to the wording on one thing. Is he stating that the car was abandoned in front of building OR does he mean the car was parked in front of a BUILDING that is abandoned?

I believe they indicated the vehicle was abandoned.

JMVHO.

I believe the family left distraught because they understandably had their hopes too high. If they were allowed to be interviewed, they would likely vent their disappointment and frustration in a way that would not reflect well on the investigators. Maybe they feel they're back to square one.

Could be right, but then why such a wide span on the age?
If they suspected an individual wouldn't they say 20-22?

People can look older than their age, especially if they work outdoors and are exposed to the elements. Also, if the individual is a heavy smoker, his/her voice might sound older.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
I think the family left in tears because it must be a shock to find out that there was an abandoned car LE knew about all along as well as a completely different face involved in this.

Imagine how they felt seeing a sketch that shows a clean shaven face with a long chin instead of that bulbous nose we all know so well now? Also, hearing that the age is 18-40 must also be a complete surprise to them.

We are all feeling the shock in processing this new info and none of us are family....they have a new face to hate and now have to second guess everyone they know who may resemble that face.

Exactly! Maybe LE thinks releasing the new sketch will make BG realize that they know who he is and he’ll either confess or make a huge mistake because he knows that LE knows the truth.
Yeah. I don’t think they have a real expectation that he’s suddenly going to walk into a police station and confess.

But they are definitely trying to rattle him, and force him to make a mistake.

He might say something to a friend or relative, suddenly leave town, or begin acting erratically.

With the entire town now effectively acting as an extension of the police department, these changes won’t go unnoticed.

That’s the hope anyways.

If the girls knew the perp would they not have said his name on the audio?
Apparently the phone captured quite a bit of the attack “stuff of nightmares”
I’m guessing they didn’t know him by name
Agree. And if he were related, the familial DNA tests would have easily revealed that.

Interesting that the dad in the vid is ‘angry’ and a friend tries to comfort him. And I understanding this correctly?
Family leaves angry. Is it playing to this movie?
Tens of thousands of people were searching for the wrong man for 2 years. This is why the family is angry. The new sketch doesn't even slightly resemble Bridge Guy.

Family would have known what was going to be said before anyone else. They're doing what they're being told to do. 'Leave looking angry' does not sound unrealistic in the slightest. Today was complete power-play from the authorities. Everything, and I mean everything was orchestrated - even Carter's emotional behaviour.

This is all making no sense.

"As the investigation has progressed, information has been continuously reviewed and examined and this sketch more accurately depicts the face of the suspect from the video recorded on Liberty German's cell phone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge."

* Why did they wait TWO YEARS to come out with a "more accurate" sketch? Why wait two years? That would seem negligent. I don't buy it.

* Also, no way they got that sketch from that vid. No way. They either based that sketch on some source other than that vid from Libby's phone, or they are using that sketch as a ruse, perhaps to get that creep who is in jail to relax and soften up.
* Having watched that one second vid, it appears to me the guy may have been intoxicated. Perhaps the perp has a drinking problem (does that jailed guy have a drinking problem?). I wonder if they searched the area for a liquor bottle/prints/DNA.

I think the press conference was a ruse, a tactic, and a desperate one at that. I still think that jailed guy, who looks just like the original sketch, is most likely the perp but LE just hasn't been able to come up with the goods on him.

Last edited:
I think the whole point of the press conference is that LE want people to stop looking for someone who looks like the former sketch of BG. They want to wipe that visual out of local people's minds, because they believe it was a disguise. The theory seems to be that, after the killings, BG took off the hat and bulky clothing around his neck, shaved, possibly got a haircut, and emerged looking very different.

You can’t wipe off 20 years by shaving and changing clothes.

Even wearing bulky clothing doesn’t add 20 years. This new sketch doesn’t resemble bridge guy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB