Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening again to pc, more than once, I believe LE May have been waiting for today because of the Easter weekend and the hope the perp may have been visiting. I believe he may be family or knows the family.

Carter definitely said he was local, from Delphi or worked there or visits there. He said girls were brutally murdered. Listening to the audio, I heard the perp say “Hey guys, down the hill”. I had not heard the word “hey” the first time. Familiarity.

So whether LE knows the perp, they are definitely onto him now. I still don’t understand the difference in the two pictures but Carter stated that he knows the press had lots of questions and to please be patient.

I first thought they sounded unsure. I was, of course, wrong. I believe they will get him soon. I hope so. The community has to be terrified.

I took it to mean the vehicle was abandoned as in no one was around it, that’s why he gave the time frame of 12-5 on that day. Meaning for 5 hours it was left unattended. I’d guess after that time frame the owner came back and drove it away.
Maybe the TOD was estimated between 12-5, and maybe LE has reason to believe a vehicle was parked at that specific location during those hours? Could be a lead, or not. If no direct witness, then no description? Just brainstorming...

The way he said, "I have never in my career had to deal with something like this," makes me think it will be a shocking revelation of betrayal when the killer is named.
This statement made me think he believed LE had me a stupendously gigantic blunder which had adversely affected the apprehension of this killer.

I am not thinking it is a family member of these girls.
I'm thinking it's a small town and a lot of people "know" each other.
I am leaning towards him being a volunteer that helped search.
If he had prior fascination with police work, maybe he was playing police officer with these poor girls. :(
The autopsy reports have never been released for a reason, and he may very well have left a "signature".
The Shack reference was intentional, but I am not sure why.
Easter weekend just passed. Maybe they think he confessed at least part of his guilt to someone?
Waiting and hoping,
Chi
Possibly known / respected in the religious community?

Can anyone easily take the two sketches and put them side by side?? I’m curious to see all they’ve changed
Everything has changed. One looks nothing like the other, in my opinion. I wonder how they know so much more now about what he looks like. They must know exactly who he is!
I'm hoping it won't be long, now.

The way he said, "I have never in my career had to deal with something like this," makes me think it will be a shocking revelation of betrayal when the killer is named.

Two girls were murdered in a town that isn’t used to any murders. This is the most horrific and significant case that he will ever investigate.

I don’t think he’s alluding to anything more than that.

It’s just not necessary in order to make that statement true.

That’s exactly what I think as well.

When he said “abandoned” I could have done a facepalm.

The implication was that the car was left parked, and wasn’t just left there permanently.

Poor choice of words.

I think he meant to imply that he abandoned it for a long period of time.12-5. definitely a Poor choice of words

edited to correct an clarify

Last edited:
So wait, the girls were presumably murdered on the 13th and found around noon on the 14th? And the abandoned car was abandoned between noon and 5pm on the 14th? So he was still driving around in the car until the girls were found? Then he parked it and booked it out of there? Where did he go? Did someone pick him up? Did he hitchhike? If he's local did he just walk home? This confuses me, I feel like I'm missing something vital here?

ETA: It's been said down thread that the date of the 14th was corrected to the 13th following the press conference. That makes a lot more sense now.

Last edited:
Two girls were murdered in a town that isn’t used to any murders. This is the most horrific and significant case that he will ever investigate.

I don’t think he’s alluding to anything more than that.

It’s just not necessary in order to make that statement true.

I thought he meant having so many people at one press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie