TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
After getting caught up after the weekend, here is my thoughts.. what if she was meeting someone for lunch. Everything outside of her body language seems to suggest that. The timing, saying she was planning on picking up the kid. What if her body language is nerves, like butterflies.. To take your purse, phone etc and leave your car states you are meeting or planning to go somewhere. If she wasn't sure, she would have just waiting in the car and called whoever to verify. To exit the vehicle, call and make small talk sounds like killing time to me. She might have met someone there and left once she saw them drive up.. Police might be holding on to that info. Plus if I read dogs couldn't follow a scent, that usually means someone entering a car.. just my two cents..

If she were meeting someone, I am going to speculate that it was someone she knows well and not anyone she felt the need to impress. I say this just based on her clothes and apparent lack of heavy make up in the surveillance video compared to her very made-up Facebook selfies. She seems to take great pride in her appearance. I doubt she would wear that outfit in the video (work clothes?) on a first or second date and/or a blind date with a Tinder match. She would want to dress to impress with heels, hair done, cute outfit, etc. MHOO.

If she were meeting someone, I am going to speculate that it was someone she knows well and not anyone she felt the need to impress. I say this just based on her clothes and apparent lack of heavy make up in the surveillance video compared to her very made-up Facebook selfies. She seems to take great pride in her appearance. I doubt she would wear that outfit in the video (work clothes?) on a first or second date and/or a blind date with a Tinder match. She would want to dress to impress with heels, hair done, cute outfit, etc. MHOO.
Great points, I was thinking more of a informal meeting, not a first date deal.. much like after a first or second date, lets do lunch.. I don't think she looks unpresentable in the videos. It could be more of "only time we could meet" since she has obligations after work and or meeting up with someone she was acquainted with prior..

Last edited:
I wonder if law enforcement checked with DART to see if any of the cameras on their buses that operate in the area (Bus Route 24 travels Ross and there are a handful of others) captured her walking on a street or if she boarded a bus or train (City Place station is about a mile away or so).

I'm having trouble understanding the timeline.
  • 1PM Collagues said she left work to have lunch
  • 3-4PM called her babysitter to say she was having lunch, would collect son at 7:40
  • Work tried to call her when she didn't return from lunch and she didn't answer
  • At 5:50PM she made a phone call and everything was normal

I'm having trouble understanding the timeline.
  • 1PM Collagues said she left work to have lunch
  • 3-4PM called her babysitter to say she was having lunch, would collect son at 7:40
  • Work tried to call her when she didn't return from lunch and she didn't answer
  • At 5:50PM she made a phone call and everything was normal

The lunchtime has me confused. If she started work at 10ish, 1 would seem early for lunch but colleagues say that is the time she went to lunch. The babysitter says 3-4. I guess she could have lied to the babysitter but then where was she from 1 to 5:50? so odd.

The lunchtime has me confused. If she started work at 10ish, 1 would seem early for lunch but colleagues say that is the time she went to lunch. The babysitter says 3-4. I guess she could have lied to the babysitter but then where was she from 1 to 5:50? so odd.

Maybe she went to that apt complex intent on confronting someone and wasn't going to leave until she accomplished it. Lover, married man...?

ETA: I think her phone/text records are going to tell the tale on this one.

I wonder if the work colleague was mistaken about the time that she had a lunch break. The babysitter seems to be very aware of times and called 911 quickly, so she seems fairly reliable. A car dealership seems like a place that would stagger lunch breaks rather than everyone having lunch at the same time, so maybe her lunch was normally earlier, and on that day it was at 3 or 4.

It makes a big difference whether she was missing from 1-5:50PM,and then had a normal phone call, or 4-5:50PM.

I wonder if the work colleague was mistaken about the time that she had a lunch break. The babysitter seems to be very aware of times and called 911 quickly, so she seems fairly reliable. A car dealership seems like a place that would stagger lunch breaks rather than everyone having lunch at the same time, so maybe her lunch was normally earlier, and on that day it was at 3 or 4.

It makes a big difference whether she was missing from 1-5:50PM,and then had a normal phone call, or 4-5:50PM.

I think you are correct about the babysitter. It makes sense she would be more aware of the time. I wish we knew what she did at the car dealer? I would be surprised if she was a sales person, as she had to be doing well for herself as a paralegal in a law firm. I tend to think she may have been more involved in loan documents. I say this because I also work as a paralegal, not in a law firm but for a financial institution working with loan closings and documents. I get lots of emails and alerts on my LinkedIn account for car dealers working in the credit and loan document departments. They always offer high pay but it is always contract work and I do not like working weekends.

I agree.....this is important to the sequence of events.

I think you are correct about the babysitter. It makes sense she would be more aware of the time. I wish we knew what she did at the car dealer? I would be surprised if she was a sales person, as she had to be doing well for herself as a paralegal in a law firm. I tend to think she may have been more involved in loan documents. I say this because I also work as a paralegal, not in a law firm but for a financial institution working with loan closings and documents. I get lots of emails and alerts on my LinkedIn account for car dealers working in the credit and loan document departments. They always offer high pay but it is always contract work and I do not like working weekends.

Considering how she was dressed, in a baggy t-shirt, jeans and running shoes, my guess is that she was not in anything related to customer service. Even finance people at car dealerships dress semi-professional.

Maybe she went to that apt complex intent on confronting someone and wasn't going to leave until she accomplished it. Lover, married man...?

ETA: I think her phone/text records are going to tell the tale on this one.
I agree, her phone records are going to go a long way in discovering what was going on and why she is missing.

It looked like the firms she worked for were indeed finance law firm and immigration, not sure what division she worked in

Considering how she was dressed, in a baggy t-shirt, jeans and running shoes, my guess is that she was not in anything related to customer service. Even finance people at car dealerships dress semi-professional.
Depends, the dealers for our fleet and the credit person dress exactly like this. Showroom sales people are the ones dressed to the tees, even at the Mercedes dealer, the girls that aren't receptionists or direct sales floor members dress just like this only in all black..

I agree, her phone records are going to go a long way in discovering what was going on and why she is missing.
Also, the sitter would have an onhand call log of their conversation as well..

Do we know if those are the clothes she was wearing when she left the house that morning?

I would assume so. She was at work, went for lunch around 1PM, didn't answer calls from work when she did not return to work after lunch, called the babysitter at 3 or 4 and discussed work, her mom spoke to the manager in the afternoon, she made a call at 5:50 and everything was normal. Then she vanished.

It seems possible that she decided to walk off the job, but she would not walk away from her child. Was she at the apartment related to looking for a job?

It looked like the firms she worked for were indeed finance law firm and immigration, not sure what division she worked in

Depends, the dealers for our fleet and the credit person dress exactly like this. Showroom sales people are the ones dressed to the tees, even at the Mercedes dealer, the girls that aren't receptionists or direct sales floor members dress just like this only in all black..

Also, the sitter would have an onhand call log of their conversation as well..

I could see a receptionist dressed like that at a casual used car dealership.

I would assume so. She was at work, went for lunch around 1PM, didn't answer calls from work when she did not return to work after lunch, called the babysitter at 3 or 4 and discussed work, her mom spoke to the manager in the afternoon, she made a call at 5:50 and everything was normal. Then she vanished.

It seems possible that she decided to walk off the job, but she would not walk away from her child. Was she at the apartment related to looking for a job?
I guess I need to go back and review this timeline, are you saying worked called her, she didn't answer, mom spoke to work manager, then when the mom talked to Prisma, she didn't ask or get a reason why she didn't return to work? Or it hasn't been discussed.. I hope I am over looking something..

*Edit, I am overlooking something, her on the phone while on camera hasn't been disclosed who it is, just as they were cleared is my understanding or don't have any clue to her whereabouts.. correct me if im wrong..

Last edited:
Looking at times and places:

Noon
  • phoned babysitter
  • would arrive on schedule to pick up child
  • new job at a used car lot located off Northwest Highway in Dallas
5:50PM
  • on video near elevator
  • Hall and Roseland
  • along 3500 Roseland Ave
  • last known location, same general area where her Jeep was parked
7:30PM
  • did not pick up child
9:30PM
  • babysitter phoned police
#52 ... seen on video around Hall and Roseland at 5:50 if she was on video at the elevator at 5:50?

#44 ... ways to get into the large apartment buildings along 3500 Roseland Ave

#51 She was on her lunch break when she talked to the sitter and all was fine, but she never returned back to work

#50 Maria talked to Reyes when she said that she was on a lunch break from her new job at a used car lot located off Northwest Highway in Dallas.

#50 Surveillance video show her last known location in the general area where her Jeep was parked.

#65 she was reported missing at 9:30 PM, two hours after she was supposed to show up to pick up her child. So, the usual time would be at 7:30 PM
Bringing your post over here for reference..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member