Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement made me think he believed LE had me a stupendously gigantic blunder which had adversely affected the apprehension of this killer.
So wait, the girls were presumably murdered on the 13th and found around noon on the 14th? And the abandoned car was abandoned between noon and 5pm on the 14th? So he was still driving around in the car until the girls were found? Then he parked it and booked it out of there? Where did he go? Did someone pick him up? Did he hitchhike? If he's local did he just walk home? This confuses me, I feel like I'm missing something vital here?

Why mention a car parked and abandoned the day after the murders? Made no sense.

All this makes me think it is some one who has been a ‘confortor’ someone expressing support. The movie/book, the opening comments by the cop ‘you welcomed us, wrapped your arms around us’ kind of talk. ‘Till my last days on this earth’, Easter timing. A preacher maybe?

This is all making no sense.

"As the investigation has progressed, information has been continuously reviewed and examined and this sketch more accurately depicts the face of the suspect from the video recorded on Liberty German's cell phone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge."

* Why did they wait TWO YEARS to come out with a "more accurate" sketch? Why wait two years? That would seem negligent. I don't buy it.

* Also, no way they got that sketch from that vid. No way. They either based that sketch on some source other than that vid from Libby's phone, or they are using that sketch as a ruse, perhaps to get that creep who is in jail to relax and soften up.
* Having watched that one second vid, it appears to me the guy may have been intoxicated. Perhaps the perp has a drinking problem (does that jailed guy have a drinking problem?). I wonder if they searched the area for a liquor bottle/prints/DNA.

I think the press conference was a ruse, a tactic, and a desperate one at that. I still think that jailed guy, who looks just like the original sketch, is most likely the perp.

I have never seen the police have a PC to pull a ruse on the public. Imo, it didn't happen today either.

I think everything they said, and released today is totally legitimate, and certainly not a ruse. Imo

I don't question why or what or when investigators do certain things since they are the only ones who have the evidence.

I'm just thankful they are still working very hard to solve this case, and making progress, imo.

I’ve watched the press conference a few times. There has got to be something more going on here. I understand, in general, this is emotional, but today’s press conference was ...weird...direct...I don’t know. Very moving. “The way you left them in the woods” ... ugh. Odd to me was no media inquiries of the family for next 2 weeks. After 2 weeks is ok? Sigh. I do wonder if some new, more specific tip came in during the past few weeks, and this is what prompted the press conference today. I can see the family being distraught. But angry? Why? So many questions. I hope this killer is still alive/around.

I think he meant to imply that he abandoned it for a long period of time.12-5. definitely a Poor choice of words

edited to correct an clarify
But the dates don't match? The crime was committed on the 13th, and Carter references the vehicle being 'abandonded' 12-5 on the 14th--which is the day the girls were located. Could BG have in fact taken they away from the bridge and returned their bodies the next day?

I do not think LE knows who the killer is, but they now suspect someone very close to the investigation, in one way or the other.
If they knew exactly who it was, he would be in jail right now.
They need the public's help with the car.
They are going to have everyone watching to see if someone tries to leave town, which would be a very dumb move, like quitting his job.
Still watching and listening,
Chi

That part where he said that the killer could be in the room right now, it seemed very theatric.

What if it's meant to make people look a lot closer at the people they come into contact with, the person in line at the gas station, the person next to you at work, the next customer in your shop....

A lot of people are going to be looking for that face. He might be wearing a different hat. He might be wearing sunglasses. He might be wearing a different style of clothing. But everyone in the Delphi area will be scrutinizing faces around them for his facial traits, and listening for signs of his voice.

I think the new image is very similar in a lot of ways to the old one, it's just much improved, and instead of someone who looks 40-50, he looks more like 30 or someone who's 35-40 but looks a lot younger.

I so hope there's an arrest soon!

I can't help but think that the reference to the Shack in some way shape or form solidifies to BG that they do in fact know who he is. Not really sure how because I haven't seen the movie or read the book but it just seems to purposeful of a statement which otherwise would seem out of place.
Was killer in Delphi recently speaking to family or friends about the movie “The Shack” and inadvertently gave some hint away?

I called in a tip early on in the investigation about someone in the field of local education in Delphi.

What was your reasoning for the tip? Does the guy look like the original BG or the new one? Or did you just call in a tip saying it perhaps is a person in education because of your intuition?

Me, too.

Teacher. 1st responder, or maybe one on the side (volunteer, etc.).

This case just got weirder.

JMO
I dunno. I don’t think this guy has that education level.

It seems that in most cases like this, it’s a guy who isn’t highly intelligent.

Someone who needs to use force to get what he wants, and is incapable of using wit and charm.

I think he’s going to turn out to be a blue collar type.

That’s not to say that people who work in a job like that aren’t intelligent or educated, but I don’t think he’s going to be.

After listening to the audio several times on bluetooth, he seems familiar w these girls.
Could be a park ranger, searcher or just someone they knew.
This is so sad.
The car was abandoned. That part I do not understand. As in, did he use it and then abandon it? Because if he did, wouldn't there be touch dna?
If it was abandoned there before, I just don't get it.
Chi

No sure why the audio released today is so garbled. In promo this morning for the presser, GMA played the audio previously released which is definitely more clear, and perp can be heard saying "down the hill."

Regarding the vehicle, almost seems like LE wants to match this vehicle to their suspect -- like they know his identity, and want somebody to confirm a vehicle parked [abandoned] noon to 5pm, that will also be linked to their suspect.
Suspect in Delphi girls' double murder may be 'hiding in plain sight,' police say

Police Supt Carter says he recently watched movie "The Shack" that seemed to me like he watched movie and/or included this in the presser based on a tip, and not just random announcement about his movie history.

After suffering a family tragedy, Mack Phillips spirals into a deep depression that causes him to question his innermost beliefs. Facing a crisis of faith, he receives a mysterious letter urging him to an abandoned shack in the Oregon wilderness. Despite his doubts, Mack journeys to the shack and encounters an enigmatic trio of strangers led by a woman named Papa. Through this meeting, Mack finds important truths that will transform his understanding of his tragedy and change his life forever.

Release date: March 3, 2017 (USA)

I think people are reading too much into the "then" versus "now" sketch.

IMHO, today was carefully orchestrated by all law enforcement involved. Something has led them to firmly identify a suspect, and I do think they know who it is but can't say it, which led to this detailed sketch. I don't think they're interested in going back and explaining why they did what or how they got to this point. Something feels like it change drastically in recent time that led to them 100% believing they know who it is, and today was done to show that to the murderer.

IMHO this sketch is going to look just like the person who did it, and they're now expecting a flood of tips to come in as the person is recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks