Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
(MOO) They received a tip from a person who suspects a close relative. That person was abused as a child and/or witnessed a great deal of family violence (hence reference to "power issues" and why LE called him "a coward"). That person has young children. I believe LE knows who he is. He was part of the search team. The reference to "a little bit of conscience left" was an appeal to turn himself in before they come and get him. Make it easier on your children.

I'm interpreting it as calling him a coward to make him angry. They seem to be saying that he thought that by controlling and killing two girls at once that it made him 'powerful', and they're saying, no, you're not a big powerful guy like you think you are...you're a little coward who hurts little girls. This is not the way he wants to see himself. He wants to see himself as clever for what he did, for eluding LE for two years and having them chase someone who looks so different. But he's not a big man, he's not clever, and they are going to get him, and his weaknesses are going to be on display in a trial for everyone to see and hear and read about in the papers. All his family and friends and colleagues who he so deeply wants to impress, they're going to learn what he's really like.

At least that's the way I interpret it. I think what was said is from FBI profiling of the killer. Rape is about power, not about sex, and he probably is proud of himself for the power and assertion he showed that day. It's sick, not 'manly' or anything like that.

If you listen to Carters words it sounded like at the end that he was almost alluding to that the family received some devastating news about the direction of the investigation and a likely suspect....MOO Almost as if it was somebody that they were familiar with and that betrayed them...JMO just my speculation, but it sure seems like whatever was said to them behind closed doors was absolutely stunning to them IMO. And I don't believe it was bc LE told them they had nothing and were throwing a hail mary out to try to get some leads!
Another thing, if indeed the LE waited until just before the pc to show the families the picture and let them know they may know the perp, how stunning it would be that a family member might go right now and take justice into his or her own hands? I think I would!

I'm reminded of the murder of 6 year old Gabriel Gaeta
her killer lived in the same mobile home park and attended Gabriel vigil.

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - Authorities say a 6-year-old Bremerton girl died from a combination of skull injuries and strangulation, and the 17-year-old boy suspected of killing and sexually assaulting her will be charged as an adult.

The teen, identified as Gabriel Gaeta, is a wrestler and athlete at Olympic High School. He appeared in Kitsap County Superior Court on Monday afternoon, sheriff's office spokesman Scott Wilson said.

Prosecutors in Kitsap County filed court documents Monday saying they had sufficient evidence to hold Gabriel Gaeta on first-degree murder with aggravating circumstances, felony murder and first-degree rape of a child.

Judge Kevin Hull set bail at $1 million. Hull also granted prosecutors' request for a mental-health evaluation for Gaeta.

Prosecutors said they want that competency evaluation before filing charges against the teen. They are pursuing the case in Kitsap County Superior Court, where Gaeta is expected to be tried as an adult.

The teen arrived in court with a black jacket over his head. He spoke softly as he answered the judge's question. His next court date was set for Aug. 28.

Investigators say Gaeta was arrested Saturday in the Bremerton-area mobile home park where little Jenise Wright lived. She disappeared from the park a week earlier and was found dead in a nearby wooded area on Thursday after being pinpointed by search dogs.

Court documents released Monday said Jenise was found with multiple skull fractures. She also had been strangled and sexually assaulted. Her bloody underwear was found a short distance away from her body.

It appeared that her body had been moved a half-hour to three hours after she was killed, according to court papers.

Authorities say forensic evidence analyzed by the Washington state crime lab linked the teen to the crime. Earlier in the week, the sheriff's office collected DNA cheek swabs from dozens of nearby residents.

A search of Gaeta's bedroom also found blood-stained underwear, a shirt covered with mud and blood, blood-stained shorts and a bloody towel, court documents say.

In an interview, Gaeta told investigators that he was the only one involved in the death of Jenise Wright.

Investigators said the teen had attended a vigil for the little girl on Friday night.

A growing memorial at the entrance to the neighborhood now includes silver balloons, stuffed animals, lit candles and flowers.

Jenise was last seen when she went to bed on the night of Aug. 2. Her parents waited a day before calling for help because they say the girl had wandered around the Steele Creek Mobile Home Park on her own in the past.

Officials have said there were no signs of forced entry at Jenise's home and no indication she was taken from her room.

Hundreds of people, including officers from 15 law enforcement agencies, searched for Jenise and went door to door at the mobile home park on the west side of Puget Sound, across from Seattle. They also pulled surveillance video from nearby businesses and checked in with sex offenders in the county.

OK, now that we know the car was parked there on the 13th and not the 14th, I vaguely remember a statement regarding someone seen walking along the Hoosier Hwy. I heard it once and no more after that point. If that is true was it the killer?

Regarding whether LE was indicating whether it was the car or building that is abandoned here is a news article that indicates the vehicle might have been seen at 6814 W. 300 N and there appear to be a couple of buildings in that general area. If that is correct it is not that far to walk to the trail. A car seen at an abandoned building would cause it to be noticed.
Police: Delphi killer 'hiding in plain sight' as new images released

If this killer left his car there instead of the regular parking for trail users, did he do that because the lot was full? OR did he not want his car seen in the lot that day and thus connecting him to the trail? That second point would seem to indicate this was a premeditated act. He either specifically went after Liberty and Abigail OR he was deliberately hunting for a target of opportunity.

Police Supt Carter actually says both ... car parked noon to 5pm in front of old welfare building Feb 14, and abandoned in the same sentence.

Not sure why he's used parked and abandoned to describe vehicle other than the date Feb 14 was day after the murders.

MOO

Wasn't one of the cell phones said to be pinging around town that day. Maybe there is something to this, and this vehicle, IMO is huge. They need to some how get a visual to us regarding the vehicle. If the vehicle is of interest, and they know how long it was park, then I'd hope we could get more information about it. They must have DNA, I think, maybe same DNA was found in that vehicle. Hoping they have their eyes on a specific person, and now waiting to see his next move. I feel his days are numbered.

I wish it was too.
It really isn't that much more than the gifs people make as a composite of the two photos originally released.
Carter made a point of mentioning to pay close attention to his mannerisms, while also noting that he was walking on old train tracks, and he has his hands in pockets (at least that's what it looks like), so I am not certain what exactly he wants noted. It would make sense that he wants people to focus on his gait, as it looks like his right leg might be a bit wonky.... but he's also walking on old train tracks.

Yeah, I don't think the video is gonna lead to anything. Maybe the sketch will.

THEY MADE A MISTAKE
They cleared it up at the end
They meant 12-5 on Feb 13!!!

Thanks everybody who corrected this, I went back within 60 minutes and was able to edit my previous post for people who are coming in later to the thread and will be led down the incorrect path for a bit so the threads don't get so confusing. Thank goodness for the 60 Minutes allotment for us to correct our post.

If you listen to Carters words it sounded like at the end that he was almost alluding to that the family received some devastating news about the direction of the investigation and a likely suspect....MOO Almost as if it was somebody that they were familiar with and that betrayed them...JMO just my speculation, but it sure seems like whatever was said to them behind closed doors was absolutely stunning to them IMO. And I don't believe it was bc LE told them they had nothing and were throwing a hail mary out to try to get some leads!

Which makes total sense. He made it abundantly clear they think BG is from Delphi or has strong ties to Delphi. I will be surprised if, in the end, he also has ties to the family.

You can’t wipe off 20 years by shaving and changing clothes.

Even wearing bulky clothing doesn’t add 20 years. This new sketch doesn’t resemble bridge guy to me.

We've only seen a one-second, far away video clip of the real person, and the witness who supplied the first sketch also likely didn't get a long look.

In the press conference Carter stated the person might look much younger than his age, in daily life.

Actors routinely carry this kind of thing off every day, for long periods of time under the scrutiny of a live audience. Trans men, even before medical intervention, pass themselves off as women. Ted Bundy looked very different while he was stalking his victims, vs the persona he adopted as an innocent man. People believe what's presented in front of them.

If a local man hatched a scheme to murder in that park, he naturally wouldn't walk around looking like his real self, since someone might recognize him. Dressing up to look very different could also involve taking on a persona with a different voice and posture. If the person is like Ted Bundy, passing himself off as a nice guy, at some point Mr. Nice Guy must give way to Mr. Killer.

Altho it may seem improbable to some people, I don't believe it's impossible, and in crime detection those two words mean very different things.

Police Supt Carter actually says both ... car parked noon to 5pm in front of old welfare building Feb 14, and abandoned in the same sentence.

Not sure why he's used parked and abandoned to describe vehicle other than the date Feb 14 was day after the murders.

MOO

Hmmmm, maybe there was an abandoned vehicle at that location, it was seen there at noon, and after five it was gone? Such as a tipster stated they saw it there around noon, but it was gone by 5.

I have never seen the police have a PC to pull a ruse on the public. Imo, it didn't happen today either.

I think everything they said, and released today is totally legitimate, and certainly not a ruse. Imo

I don't question why or what or when investigators do certain things since they are the only ones who have the evidence.

I'm just thankful they are still working very hard to solve this case, and making progress, imo.
Not a ruse on public, a ruse on the perceived perp.

Such a short set of audio clips, but I have to agree with what a few others have said; the intonation of "guys?" suggests to me that BG was hailing the girls as if to get their attention.

Combined with "down the hill," the first thing that comes to my mind is perhaps BG was presenting himself as concerned with their safety on the bridge, or informing them that they're trespassing or otherwise not allowed to be there, given the bridge's unsafe state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave