OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/332439538747-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

My 2 Cents.......:cool:

According to the Wagner's pastor, the Wagner's wept over dogs. And of course they breed dogs.
So there is a strong affinity for dogs and you can see that in the way all the dogs were left alive and uninjured.

But I don't think the Wagner's had to hurry and get the dogs used to them because all the dogs had been familiar with at least Jake for years. According to LM Jake came to his house for all the Holidays and Jake lived with the Rhodens off and on as part of the family.

These dogs would not see him as a threat at all. However, yes they would bark at first but then calm down when they could see and smell who it is.

We know Kenny had one dog, Chris Sr. had 2 that BJM mentioned, and LM mentioned Dana having a dog or dogs. Jake lived with Dana so that takes care of her dogs, Dana lived right next to Chris Sr's home so that would take care of his dogs, and Kenneth lived a few miles down the road from the Flying W Farms so it would be convenient to stop by there and see Brownie.

But did Frankie have a dog? BJM didn't mention it. The dogs are a big clue and always have been. The dogs show that the killers had been around and inside the Rhoden properties.

This is circumstantial evidence, but they left a trail of a lot of circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence builds up and is enough to be convicted on. Finding parts to make a silencer is circumstantial, but with forensic evidence it can become direct evidence.

Buying boots that are the same size and make of a footprint is circumstantial. But if you have the killer's actual boot in your possession, and it matches, that is direct evidence.

Wanting custody is circumstantial, but I believe the actual forged custody documents constitute direct evidence. Again, My 2 Cents.....:cool:

FW had a at least 6-8 hound dogs. Those things bark and howl at everything. Especially since his were chained. The indoor dogs at CR1's may have even picked up barking w/them at times. The baying had probably turned into white noise to the Rs/HHG though.

I think FW, from his FB photos, had Walkers and Black and Tans. They love to bay. The below are just single dogs.

A Treeing Walker, restrained.

A Black and Tan

You're so informative. I'm so new to this thread that I am still learning all the abbreviations for the names.
I have two pups of my own. One is 9, one is 7. Non-agressive breeds.
Even with my own husband, when he wrestles with our boys, our dogs start barking, get up, stand near the kids.

What I am saying is that, in my own life, known or not, I don't think my dogs would let anyone near our children.

Regardless of dog repellent, sedatives, or even if the were rounded up to say a vehicle... Something more than a human prevented those dogs from protecting the children. Which imo, is at the very least something they would have done.
There had to have been some yelling, crying, pleading (imo). The dogs would have been on alert to protect those children that had been with then since they were pups.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. That if something were to happen in my home, our dogs would be there for the kids.

As far as the evidence goes, I'm only to thread #41. I am still reading through it. I haven't even gotten to what the heck the reference to the bed bugs is about.

I did however see some of the posts regarding the roosters. As a newb (as my kids say), I just want to point out that maybe the rooster thing (when mentioned) is nothing more than a statement of character. I mean, imagine you've know your neighbor for years. Then you find out that not only does he engage in *advertiser censored* fighting. But, raises animals to sell to those who want to perpetuate this cruel and criminal activity. Your perception of that neighbor would change(imo).
That's all I will say about it because it seems some folks on this thread really don't like the roosters being brought into the conversation.

Again, thank you for your dedication to the victims and their families. It seems you have put in long hard hours making sure that true and factual information keeps the public informed.

And thank you for pointing something out that I missed. That the dogs would want to protect the children. If Frankie had a dog it would try to protect the then 3 year old and 6 month old. And at Dana's her dog would try to protect the newborn. Yes, the dogs would be possessive even with being familiar with the Wagners.

One theory I have is that Dana opened the door because she knew Jake, and he had his and Hanna's daughter that week. He could easily say the child is out in the car and make up some excuse for bringing her back etc.....Dana would have, at that point, hushed any barking dogs. I remember a relative, Gary's dad I think, who said there was no forced entry.

Kenny was in bed and it was discussed that he pad locked his door from the outside when leaving, and therefore his lock might have been broken and the killers would know this.

I also have a theory that Jake had keys....

Jake used to live with the Rhodens and when he was living with them it is very possible it was in Frankie's trailer because Dana only had her new house one month. My point is that Jake would have had the key to Frankie's trailer.

Also, because of his daughter---like say he brings her back to Hanna and she's gone on an errand---instead of being locked out, maybe Dana/Hanna gave him a key to their house. What if he needed to retrieve something for their daughter, like a favorite blanket or medicine, with a key he wouldn't have to be locked out.

Because Frankie and Hannah G were in bed and the 3 year old was sleeping on the couch, (according to his mother he slept through it) the killers would have gone through an unlocked door, or had a key to the door, or gone through a window because a window was left open.
......I'm just theorizing......

Last edited:
And thank you for pointing something out that I missed. That the dogs would want to protect the children. If Frankie had a dog it would try to protect the then 3 year old and 6 month old. And at Dana's her dog would try to protect the newborn. Yes, the dogs would be possessive even with being familiar with the Wagners.

One theory I have is that Dana opened the door because she knew Jake, and he had his and Hanna's daughter that week. He could easily say the child is out in the car and make up some excuse for bringing her back etc.....Dana would have, at that point, hushed any barking dogs. I remember a relative, Gary's dad I think, who said there was no forced entry.

Kenny was in bed and it was discussed that he pad locked his door from the outside when leaving, and therefore his lock might have been broken and the killers would know this.

Likewise, Jake used to live with the Rhodens and when he was living with them it is very possible it was in Frankie's trailer because Dana only had her new house one month. My point is that Jake would have had the key to Frankie's trailer.

Also, because of his daughter---like say he brings her back to Hanna and she's gone on an errand---instead of being locked out, maybe Dana/Hanna gave him a key to their house. What if he needed to retrieve something for their daughter, like a favorite blanket or medicine, with a key he wouldn't have to be locked out.

Because Frankie and Hanna were in bed and the 3 year old was sleeping on the couch, (according to his mother he slept through it) the killers would have gone through an unlocked door, or had a key to the door, or gone through a window because a window was left open.
......I'm just theorizing......
What if... Again, just theorizing (and maybe a family member has stated otherwise that this isn't even possible)... They didn't lock their doors? Guns, dogs, cameras. They may have very well felt protected enough while home to just not lock them. I am from a small town... We never locked our doors growing up. Even when we were kids home alone. Our doors were never locked.
It could ve been discussed further back (and I just haven't gotten there, yet) that they absolutely locked their doors while home and at night.
There seems to (allegedly) be 4-6 people who know exactly what happened that night. Let's hope in the coming years, through the trial it all comes to light.
But, for some reason I look at FW and see her as a ride or die family matriarch. Very possible we may never know the truth. Jmo

What if... Again, just theorizing (and maybe a family member has stated otherwise that this isn't even possible)... They didn't lock their doors? Guns, dogs, cameras. They may have very well felt protected enough while home to just not lock them. I am from a small town... We never locked our doors growing up. Even when we were kids home alone. Our doors were never locked.
I could ve discussed further back (and I just haven't gotten there, yet) that they absolutely locked their doors while home and at night.
There seems to (allegedly) be 4-6 people who know exactly what happened that night. Let's hope in the coming years, through the trial it all comes to light.
But, for some reason I look at FW and see her as a ride or die family matriarch. Very possible we may never know the truth. Jmo

You could be right. In fact BJM, who is Dana's sister, is the one who discovered the crime scenes first. She went over to Chris Sr's house and she stated that she found it odd that the door was locked. On top of that, she said she knew where the key was hidden. So it's possible the killers just waltzed right in through an unlocked door.

Pike County: 'I was not leaving those babies in there'

".....She (BJM) had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway. She left her cellphone charging in the car and went up to the trailer. She turned the handle of the door and thought it was odd it was locked, she said. She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner. The animals normally stayed inside the trailer, she said.

She found the key and opened the door....."

You could be right. In fact BJM, who is Dana's sister, is the one who discovered the crime scenes first. She went over to Chris Sr's house and she stated that she found it odd that the door was locked. On top of that, she said she knew where the key was hidden. So it's possible the killers just waltzed right in through an unlocked door.

Pike County: 'I was not leaving those babies in there'

".......She (BJM) had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway. She left her cellphone charging in the car and went up to the trailer. She turned the handle of the door and thought it was odd it was locked, she said. She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner. The animals normally stayed inside the trailer, she said.

She found the key and opened the door........."
So it is possible. They weren't people who locked up. When you live in a city, that seems strange. But, when you grow up in a sparsely populated area (where you know everyone "in town") on a few hundred acres of land, it's not a strange idea to leave your doors unlocked.

So it is possible. They weren't people who locked up. When you live in a city, that seems strange. But, when you grow up in a sparsely populated area (where you know everyone "in town") on a few hundred acres of land, it's not a strange idea to leave your doors unlocked.

Yes. And as you said, the Rhodens had security cameras and guns and likely felt protected even if a door wasn't locked. Kenny's daughter said her dad slept with a loaded gun near his head.

Family: Rhoden property had video cameras

".....Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law Christopher Rhoden Sr. had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at his driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said.

“You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday.

He said he believed Christopher Rhoden Sr. kept the cameras on at all times, but did not know if authorities had video from those cameras. DeWine and investigators have chosen not to release details of their investigation, now nearly three weeks old..... "

I still feel the window was used at least for something. The curtain is tacked to the outside of the home. If the windows were just open because it was a nice night, I don't see pinning the curtain to the outside.

While HR was in the hospital, DR at work, and others away they could have slipped in earlier, possibly days earlier, and unlocked the windows.
JMO

Attachments

• 9ECE0B6A-A86E-44BF-AF8A-89A3BEC71526.jpeg
    9ECE0B6A-A86E-44BF-AF8A-89A3BEC71526.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Yes. And as you said, the Rhodens had security cameras and guns and likely felt protected even if a door wasn't locked. Kenny's daughter said her dad slept with a loaded gun near his head.

Family: Rhoden property had video cameras

".....Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law Christopher Rhoden Sr. had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at his driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said.

“You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday.

He said he believed Christopher Rhoden Sr. kept the cameras on at all times, but did not know if authorities had video from those cameras. DeWine and investigators have chosen not to release details of their investigation, now nearly three weeks old..... "
Thanks. I know its annoying when you've already said all this a million times. So, I appreciate you filling in some blanks for me.

I still feel the window was used at least for something. It is tacked to the outside of the home. If the windows were just open because it was a nice night, I don't see pinning the curtain to the outside.

While HR was in the hospital, DR at work, and others away they could have slipped in earlier, possibly days earlier, and unlocked the windows.
JMO

Thankx! I wanted to see the window and curtain again but couldn't find such a good view.
I did not know the curtain was actually pinned!
And yes, easy to sneak in and unlock a window. If caught, just say you stopped over to visit.

Thanks. I know its annoying when you've already said all this a million times. So, I appreciate you filling in some blanks for me.

I had people filling in blanks for me about the case when I started posting. The initials were confusing...CR...CH...CG...AM...MG...KR2...CR1...CR2......and the Georges: GW2 "Bob" (Fred's husband) GW3 "Billy" and GW4 just George! LOL...:eek:..o_O

Last edited:
I had people filling in blanks for me about the case when I started posting. The initials were confusing.....BCI...LE....CH...CG...CRob....UHR...AG....GJ....and the Georges: GW2 "Bob" (Fred's husband) GW3 "Billy" and GW4 just George! LOL...:eek:..o_O
I figured most out after like 90 pages. Still working through straightening out the "Gs" ! But, got some of them down!

This is true. I actually never worried much about it til I married someone who does. They'd lived in a larger city for awhile. No longer are the doors left unlocked. Deadbolts on every door and no wooden doors.

I still feel the window was used at least for something. The curtain is tacked to the outside of the home. If the windows were just open because it was a nice night, I don't see pinning the curtain to the outside.

JMO

That's a long curtain and they have no screens. It's possible the victims were just trying to get airflow. Trailers can get awfully hot w/no trees shading them. Then again, we don't know how long the suspects were there. They say CR1 was covered, and decomp was more advanced. This could just mean that rigor was further along, but, when someone dies, the smell of death begins soon after decomposition, and decomposition process begins immediately. Maybe while they were taking apart what they took, they needed to open the windows, considering BJM's description of the trailers.

Does anyone know of any evidence that the W4 were in Alaska in May 2017?

The were seen there in June, 2017. That's when the laser focus statement was issued in late June of 2017. The folks in AK recognized them from the news. That doesn't answer your question about May though. I've wondered the same. All we have is that photo on their FB.

JMO
Wouldn’t the assailants had been seen by the victims on the Rhoden’s security cameras had they slipped in days earlier and unlocked windows? I believe it’s fair to assume Chris checked his security footage routinely. Most people who have security cameras review the stored footage. DeWine stated the Wagners surveilled the victims to the point they knew the victims’ every move. It seems fair to think that the Wagners would’ve learned where spare keys were kept for the homes, during their surveillance. But then again, who knows.

That's a long curtain and they have no screens. It's possible the victims were just trying to get airflow. Trailers can get awfully hot w/no trees shading them. Then again, we don't know how long the suspects were there. They say CR1 was covered, and decomp was more advanced. This could just mean that rigor was further along, but, when someone dies, the smell of death begins soon after decomposition, and decomposition process begins immediately. Maybe while they were taking apart what they took, they needed to open the windows, considering BJM's description of the trailers.

I see what you are saying, but pin or hook it to the outside, especially with a night of off and on showers would be really strange.

Imagine for a moment standing at a window and hanging or pinning a curtain at that angle from the inside. Does it seem more likely it was pinned or whatever from the outside? That's just the impression I get.

I see what you are saying, but pin or hook it to the outside, especially with a night of off and on showers would be really strange.

Imagine for a moment standing at a window and hanging or pinning a curtain at that angle from the inside. Does it seem more likely it was pinned or whatever from the outside? That's just the impression I get.

If there is some sort of exposed nail or trim piece, maybe not. The only person I can see going out that window, and it would be painful, imo, and he'd likely have had marks on his body, would be JW. If they were staging, I don't think they'd have pinned it back, just went through it and left it. It could even be hung over a nail on the exterior trim. I'd have walked out the back door and left it unlocked, as if the victims forgot to lock it. My theory is that the doors were locked, at CR1's and FR's to deter BJM from finding them so soon, but they didn't know BJM as well as they thought they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73