Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also would like to caution against positing that this perp suffers from mental illness. Those with mental illness are far more likely to be victims than perpetrators of violent crimes. Perfectly sane people are capable of horrendous violence.

The girls weren't reported missing until approximately 5:30 pm on the 13th, almost assuring they would not be found until the next day, being Valentine's day.
I have often wondered if perceived and unrelated feelings of "betrayal" may have set this killer off to find his victim and he got "lucky" and managed to kill two.
My brain is tired, so I am going to watch the now extensive relook at this case that is on HLN. Right now they are riding around the area this past February with Libby's sister.
Chi

"Guys, get down the hill."

To me, adding just that little extra added a ton to that audio clip. The guy sounds so...calm, almost resigned. Like “Come on guys, get down the hill. I’ve got to do this. I’ve got no choice.” Very weird. Not what I expected. I’m sure we all hear it a little different.

After a bit of searching I found who you are talking about and my jaw dropped! OH MY GOODNESS

A local religious figure (who perhaps moved parishes?) would be a reason for the parents to react the way they did as well. Someone in authority with power was made very clear--indirectly. A camp counselor in a church? moo

To me it seems that he knew them. I say "guys" but I only say it to people I know. Like Hey guys. What's up guys...
I’m not sure. In my experience, some people say it no matter the relationship.

Other people use it with friends (as I do).

I’m not reading too much into it.

Absolutely. Fire away.

Watch out. If you’re linking a MSM video to claim that someone in it might be the murderer—that’s a ToS issue, I think.

I guess if you just link the video without any comment, and everyone who sees it doesn’t make any comment—but what are the chances of that happening?

It almost seems like LE is somewhat 'taunting' the suspect... ie calling him a 'coward', etc. They said he (the suspect) wants to know what they know.. makes me wonder if LE believes the killer has contacted LE. Seems like LE are trying to push some buttons, hoping for a reaction of some sort. jmo.
I think they're also trying to break through any walls of denial erected by people who may be close to the suspect.

It's very difficult for parents, siblings, extended family members or friends to go to police with a tip about someone they care about. The human mind will create a million reasons why their suspicions couldn't be relevant. Or, they don't trust police, in general.

I've seen it in many cases, even when someone's arrested with strong evidence, people close to them refuse to believe they could have done it, and maybe even have shielded them, like giving an alibi to get police to go away.

I agree. Andas to why they waited two years to release this, they were not sitting there doing nothing. They were likely working hard to find the person themselves first. And who knows when r how the sketch was developed.
Would love to know how that sketch was developed. It's kind of scary to wonder about, considering how obviously emotional this PC was. Hopefully they were able to get some DNA evidence from the crimescene, and put it through whatever databases are available, and came up with something close. And maybe it *does* seem to bear similarity to someone known to some people close to the case, which may explain the emotion today, as well as LE asking media to leave family alone for at least 2 weeks. Are they hoping that the perp may be 'known' within those 2 weeks?

I’m not sure. In my experience, some people say it no matter the relationship.

Other people use it with friends (as I do).

I’m not reading too much into it.

I am horrible with names so I use "guys" to talk about people when I do NOT know (or, more accurately, remember) their names. :)

IMHO, the use of "Guys" would show non-familiarity with the victims more than the opposite.

Watch out. If you’re linking a MSM video to claim that someone in it might be the murderer—that’s a ToS issue, I think.

I guess if you just link the video without any comment, and everyone who sees it doesn’t make any comment—but what are the chances of that happening?
Yeah, I missed the context there.

I thought it was a general question, but now understand that it’s to indicate a potential suspect.

No go.

In listening again, I'm caught by the police saying "how you left them in the woods is not what they are experiencing today."

Did anyone else catch that? Thoughts?

It is a paraphrased quote from the movie The Shack. I actually watched it last night. Mack finally sees his daughter in heaven and she is beautiful, happy, etc. Papa is trying to teach Mack to forgive in order to let go of his pain. Seeing his daughter helps. Also, the remark about the murderer having an ounce of consciousness, also speaks to confessing sin and asking forgiveness, because we are all God's children and God wants us all in heaven, no matter the sin.

DISCLAIMER: In no way am I trying to start a debate about religion - just referencing the movie.....

Here's a side-by-side:

Lindsey Eaton on Twitter
First sketch (left) of suspected killer in #DelphiMurders ISP released it in July of 2017. New sketch released today is on right.
D4xdlhIWAAEBFiN.jpg

1:06 PM - 22 Apr 2019

Tysm! He looks so much younger. The phones should be ringing off the hook. So few people in Delphi, he has to be known. There’s no reason for anyone to protect him.

I’d advise—if you guys think you’ve found a possible suspect, send it in as a tip.

(Notice the word I used. It came naturally. I don’t think there’s any particular conclusion to be drawn from BG saying ‘guys.’)

Edited to add second paragraph.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members