Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
the term 'guys' to include both males and females... was it not in common usage prior to the 80's?

"Guys" and "you guys" was definitely used before 1980 to refer to both males and females. It was bandied about as a distinct marker for a non-Southerner, as a Southerner would say "y'all" and a Northerner or Midwesterner would say "you guys." And I suppose someone from Pittsburgh would say "Yinz" so we can safely say the perp is 1) not a Southerner 2) not from Pittsburgh

I’ve been heavily leaning towards a religious angle since the presser, but could the perp be part of the media? Wants to know what we know, could be in this room, never thought we’d go in this direction....

I’m just throwing thoughts out there. Might somehow be related to the 2 weeks of no media thing- maybe they want to give him some leash for some reason (?)

Thank you to all for keeping this thread open. As an internet community, I hope this stays open because a victim is a heroine who used media to identify her killer. I am so grateful for the new presser and new info. I think the vehicle and its parking spot shows it is likely someone familiar with the area. Also the release of the extra audio using "guys" may IMO be a way to dissociate with what a part of you is planning. My biggest question is why someone would park across the highway and cross to commit a crime and cross back when there are many places on the other side of the big bridge. Unless you came from the interstate highway. So you know the area but need to get out fast. You don't mind crossing a pedestrian bridge in full view twice as long as you can move quickly directly away from Delphi. This is planned, weighing risks IMO only. I do think they have "rattled his cage" as my LE friend would say. Has he been taunting them?

Everyone in town is going to be on edge....

"ISP Superintendent Doug Carter said at the Monday news conference that the killer could be in the crowd.

'You could feel the whole atmosphere of the room change,” Tiffany Burns recalled. 'You start to look out of the corner of your eyes and looking around to see, Is he [in here]?’ You know? You could tell everybody felt it.'”

Delphi community reacts to new information on murder suspect

He was having a rough time all around. I think he found it very difficult to concentrate.
I got a different impression.

I do think his emotions are REAL, no doubt whatsoever about that.

However, the times when he seemed to sort of go "off script" and ad lib a comment....that still seemed like planned comments to me. To me, those "off script" comments - like about The Shack - were saying, "I am ALWAYS thinking about this case. I don't need a script at a press conference because I am always on the case, every moment. I think about it when I watch a movie. I know about that movie and the book. I don't read words about how much this community support means because I feel that every moment of my life."

jmo

I think the two sketches look very similar. It looks like they just took the facial hair off of BG. You can even see the shadows of where the hair was on the new sketch. Also, I don't think he was saying "guys"......the one I heard seems like he was saying "Abby" down the hill. I think it was someone in Abby's family's life. Also, the movie The Shack was on Lifetime last Sat. night.

"Guys" and "you guys" was definitely used before 1980 to refer to both males and females. It was bandied about as a distinct marker for a non-Southerner, as a Southerner would say "y'all" and a Northerner or Midwesterner would say "you guys." And I suppose someone from Pittsburgh would say "Yinz" so we can safely say the perp is 1) not a Southerner 2) not from Pittsburgh

I mean, I'm southern and just about everyone I know uses "you guys" at some point. The only time I ever use "y'all" is if I'm being sarcastic or satirical to poke fun at the Hollywood stereotypes of us.

I got a different impression.

I do think his emotions are REAL, no doubt whatsoever about that.

However, the times when he seemed to sort of go "off script" and ad lib a comment....that still seemed like planned comments to me. To me, those "off script" comments - like about The Shack - were saying, "I am ALWAYS thinking about this case. I don't need a script at a press conference because I am always on the case, every moment. I think about it when I watch a movie. I know about that movie and the book. I don't read words about how much this community support means because I feel that every moment of my life."

jmo

I apologize if I conveyed the wrong idea with my verbiage above. I got the impression his emotions were very real as well, and he was having difficulty concentrating because of them.

My Internet verbiage doesn't always match what I'm thinking and trying to say. :rolleyes:

I apologize if I conveyed the wrong idea with my verbiage above. I got the impression his emotions were very real as well, and he was having difficulty concentrating because of them.

My Internet verbiage doesn't always match what I'm thinking and trying to say. :rolleyes:
No, you're fine. I emphasized the fact because I didn't want to give the impression *I* thought his emotions were not real.

:)

"The BEST way to submit a #DelphiMurders tip is by email to: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com Include specific info. All tips are reviewed. If more info is needed you’ll be contacted by return email or
260e.png
# if provided with your tip. Please, no social media photo comparisons!!"

Sgt. Kim Riley on Twitter

This was from earlier. I’m sure that there are hundreds of people calling in useless, non specific information.

Good luck to those manning the phones.

The BEST way to submit a #DelphiMurders tip is by email to: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Include specific info. All tips are reviewed. If more info is needed you’ll be contacted by return email or ☎️# if provided with your tip. Please, no social media photo comparisons!!

Indiana State Police on Twitter

ETA: Damnit @Inthedetails :p

I’ve been heavily leaning towards a religious angle since the presser, but could the perp be part of the media? Wants to know what we know, could be in this room, never thought we’d go in this direction....

I’m just throwing thoughts out there. Might somehow be related to the 2 weeks of no media thing- maybe they want to give him some leash for some reason (?)
That is not something I considered....but definitely worth considering.

jmo

It seemed to me that at the very beginning, he scanned the room and spotted BG. After that, it seemed like his eyes were mostly to the edges of the crowd and avoided looking where he spotted BG. As the press conference goes on, I didn't notice the avoidance as much - but at the very beginning I did.

I'm going to watch again to see if I am still seeing that reaction.

(I am not implying I know who BG is or that am even making a guess. I have no idea! )

jmo
I agree.

I think the perp parked at that building and waited for the girls to be dropped off.

But speaking of the car being parked at that abandoned building, I think I noticed a discrepancy. The press conference stated that it was parked there on the 14th. The newspaper stated that it was parked there "on the day the girls went missing." That was the 13th wasn't it? I would be more inclined to believe the police at the press conference. What am I missing?
If the car was parked there on the 14th instead of the 13th (I suppose it could have been parked there both days) I am thinking the time on the 14th that the policeman mentioned at the press conference would have been during the search right?
What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member