Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused re. the car part of things. A car had been parked by the old building. Is this the same car that LE referred to being abandoned by the side of the road and if so, what was the timeline for that.

I don't know about "side of the road" as opposed to by the old building, but the timeframe is 12-5 the day of the murders. Maybe back then they got some tips about a car parked there and either
"lost" them (??) or they want to hear from those folks again? I can't imagine they'd get any NEW tips because nobody will suddenly remember that 2 years later.

What if the recording is cut off in a strategic location (by police) to just give the public one more speck of voice, but the perp is not saying 'guys' at all, and it is really a *portion* of a cut-off word.. such as 'disguise' for instance. ie 'yeah, I'm wearing a disguise, get down the hill'..

Interesting theory!

I'd really like a criminal profiler/retired FBI expert, etc. to be interviewed on one of the national news channels to see what their take on this new PC is. The story is coming up on GMA. Maybe they will have someone on.

Perhaps someone lent BG their car that day, and they are hoping someone comes forward to say "Well, I don't know where my vehicle was between 12 and 5 that day because I lent it to so and so?"

Or maybe someone will come forward to say "I know so and so always liked to park at that building to go walking on the trails?"

Does anyone know if it was common for people to park at the abandoned building to access the trail system, or if this would be highly unusual and suspect? We have a trail system where I live with an official trailhead/parking lot, but there are many other places people park to access the trail at different points, and it isn't unusual to find several cars even parked on side streets or parking lots for closed businesses. Just wondering if that was the situation here or not.

Well, I am glad for SOMETHING new in this case. It is such an odd one. I think he tricked them somehow into letting him get close to them. Otherwise two girls in softball? They could easily have taken off, even separated and called 911 since they had their phones and were recording. I am still so confused why they were filming/using the phone when they could have just as well called 911. Did Libby post the video of man to snapchat?
I think he is in his late 20's, early 30's. Slightly stocky but remember he is wearing thick layers in the video. He is definitely not very tall, 5'10 at the most.
Imo young girls will always be silly and perhper this person was just strange looking to them and since we all have phones it was just something they did at the moment not knowing this would help.

I think the reason Carter mentions the vehicle is simply to make BG sweat bc now he knows they know about his vehicle.....moo

It’s possible that all LE knows is there was a vehicle parked there based on a witness who couldn’t even say what the vehicle looked like for sure. But they want BG to think that they are closing in. Moo

How do you feel about this case now knowing we have a witness?

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls," Carter said in a statement accompanying the new information.

The new sketch released today was actually drawn on Feb. 17, 2017 just days after the murders.

Man suspected of murdering teen girls in 2017 has close community ties

Aha.

Ok so the "new" sketch is not "new" at all... it was drawn on Feb 17, 2017. So says the sketch artist in this article:

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

snip

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant.
There's the witness he was talking about!

Good morning, everyone. Question- am I remembering correctly that BG was always a POI? Yesterday, I thought I recalled him saying this new sketch was absolutely the person who was on the bridge but also absolutely their killer.

Carter was clearly distraught, anxious and was trying to be careful with his words. There is so much more behind this. I watched this presser locally first and later watched it again online. I noticed that when he said "he may be in the room" that the officer next to him eyes darted in a specific direction and stared in that direction for sometime until Carter started talking about the family then the officers eyes changed direction as though looking now at the family.

Why would the family be so upset about the new information. I've heard that they already viewed the video, they already heard the audio. Must be something about the new drawing that has invoked so much emotion....

The video of BG looks to be an older guy and the jeans he is wearing are the type worn by an older guy. I'm sure its been mentioned before but it looks like he's wearing a fanny pack, brown on his front right side. His posture is of an older guy. The new drawing is just so contrary to what I'm seeing in the video....

My two cents (MOO): the investigators realized at some point that the tips they were getting centered around much older people and people who sound like the "down the hill" recording, and that this doesn't reflect what their evidence shows. The original "down the hill" recording reflects what BG's real voice sounds like, but it's not the voice he uses in everyday conversation, because in everyday conversation he's pretending to be normal. "Guys" is his "this is what I need to sound like to sound normal" voice, probably right when he initially approached the girls, and likely some conversation happened between them before he said "down the hill". It's slightly higher, and in public speaking I have heard that using a higher pitched voice denotes friendliness and approachability. People who encounter BG on a daily basis are probably not going to recognize the "down the hill" voice, which is how he sounded when he no longer needed to worry about people coming upon then and the initial "ruse" of friendliness when he approached them was no longer necessary, and they were under his control. Someone who is "hiding in plain sight" doesn't show ordinary people in their lives that they are a predator. You and I can listen to these recordings and think it sounds like two different people because, in a way, it is.

Finally! By the time I got home from work last night and was ready to post, the thread was locked. Once it opened back up my internet was giving me trouble. Yikes!

Everything below is MOO.

I'm confused about a couple of things and I seriously don't understand why some of this information couldn't have been shown to us 2 years ago. That little bit of extra voice, a tiny bit of video showing the BG's gait, and the information about a car could have been shown to us long ago without compromising anything. I'll never understand not showing the public this earlier.

I found it odd that the Public were invited to attend the Press Conference and given several days prior notice. Is this not unusual? Who did they want to make sure was there?

The reference to The Shack kinda blew me away. There is a message in that reference for sure. Which message that is remains to be seen but it's inclusion in the Press Conference is significant.

The reaction of the family could be twofold depending on the reality of the reporting. They either are angry that this information wasn't released earlier or horrified by the notion that they may know who did this and it hits close to home. They could have been terribly upset as they thought an arrest was going to be announced and they couldn't handle the disappointment. It could be all of the above.

I believe that every word spoken in that Press Conference was carefully chosen and intentional. There is no question in my mind that the Press Conference was purposeful in creating worry in BG and soliciting a response, whatever that may be. Flee, turn yourself in (not likely IMO), try changing again, whatever. I am convinced they have eyes on someone.

Finally, I believe that you can be purposeful in your words and some actions, but I think the type of emotion shown yesterday by LE, showed something much more than "acting". I saw intense raw anguish, anger and disbelief. A horrible reckoning that has shaken LE to the core. I do believe they have someone in their sights. I believe they know who did this and they need something or someone to put the final piece of the puzzle together for them.

They are VERY close. VERY.

Finally, maybe today is the day.

Did Abby and Libby normally ride a school bus to school?

I'm trying to think of scenarios where BG could have overheard their plans for the day off, and would have had that day off as well. Bus driver? Janitor?

I'm wondering if the new sketch is of the "lure", and that maybe the girls were there to meet what they thought was a younger guy. I still see an older guy in the video and the original sketch looks so similar to the new sketch. I wonder if he used a photo of a younger relative, or an old photo of himself to reach out to young girls.

I don't know about "side of the road" as opposed to by the old building, but the timeframe is 12-5 the day of the murders. Maybe back then they got some tips about a car parked there and either
"lost" them (??) or they want to hear from those folks again? I can't imagine they'd get any NEW tips because nobody will suddenly remember that 2 years later.
Thanks for the reply. I don't think people would remember that either at this point!

This is unreal. I stepped away from the computer yesterday and come back to 153 alerts and this morning I have almost 50. I believe 5 or 6 of them do NOT relate to Abigail and Liberty. I hope LE's tip line is experiencing a bump up in tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member