Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first saw the sketch I thought it was from Parabon. But the news yesterday quoted an ISP sketch artist who said he created this sketch 3 days after the girls were discovered and he did it from a witness' description. If that is true, I'm wondering if they have consulted with Parabon and, if so, why are we not seeing a sketch attributed to them?
Of course, this new sketch could have been discounted early on - for who knows what reason - and is being used now because it matches a Parabon result. I don't think this is likely though as I would have thought LE would throw that out to the public to raise confidence in the sketch.
My understanding is that ISP is being careful regarding anything with DNA. Confirming that they have worked or are working with Parabon would be a public statement that they have DNA and are using it. I also thought the new sketch was from Parabon when I first saw it.

Apologies first for asking what may have already been addressed here but I just don't remember.

Did Abby have a phone? So much is made of Libby's phone and Derick trying to reach Libby by phone and the video Libby captured on her phone of BG but I've not heard of anyone trying to reach Abby by phone. Thanks in advance.

This.
Teachers often call their students “guys”.
It implies a casual non-threatening relationship, and to be honest, used when a teacher who sees/knows many students can’t quite remember names at a given moment. A teacher would say “Ok guys, let’s all sit down and turn to page 27.”

A teacher would have been off on the school holiday that terrible day in February 2017 just like Abby & Libby were. Were Delphi schools off yesterday, Easter Monday? Schools in my area were out. If Delphi schools were out, the presser could have been strategically scheduled for a school holiday after inviting the public to attend. That would allow a teacher to attend. If the families were told the perp could have been a local teacher, that would be shocking and upsetting to them.

I am a teacher, and as much as this theory troubles me, it is preferable to me than the thought of a family member or LE being involved.
Teacher, team coach, Sunday School teacher...... Someone used to talking to kids to get their attention ???....moo

A teacher?!?! That's a scary thought. I'm not doubting your theory as it would tie into how the killer might know the girls would be at the trail if they planned this ahead of time. But while the students were off....were the teachers off that day? Was it a 'teacher work day'? We have those here in VA where the students are off, but the teachers come in and get caught up with tests, grades and lesson plans.
They were off for an unused snow day, so my guess is that teachers and all school employees would also be free from school that day.

I tend to agree that it is likely a young teacher or coach. That's what the person in the sketch looks like to me being more clean shaven I guess. It could also explain why it was someone with ties to Delphi who may no longer be in the area. This person was a teacher at the school and then got a job elsewhere and has since moved from Delphi.

Ok so the "new" sketch is not "new" at all... it was drawn on Feb 17, 2017. So says the sketch artist in this article:

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

snip

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant.
Just bumping this because it’s very important in regard to how we perceive yesterday if indeed true.

he may be in the room" says to me they don’t know who it is.
Wow someone between 18 & 40!

We’ve got an unsolved crime in Aust. & the cops are forever saying “we know who you are” & “come forward before we come and get you”....4 years later still nothing.
I’m just wise to those tactics now.
It's been two years, not four.
I think they have a lot more than nothing.
From the beginning they said they will find him and I think they will.
The killer may not have left any DNA behind. LE has never said they have it.
They relied on witnesses to develop a sketch. From the video it is very difficult to see him clearly. He may have deliberately disguised himself, then changed his appearance after the murder.
I think now that they have narrowed down their search an arrest will come soon. I'm sure LE is just as frustrated as everyone else. Imo

he may be in the room" says to me they don’t know who it is.
Wow someone between 18 & 40!

We’ve got an unsolved crime in Aust. & the cops are forever saying “we know who you are” & “come forward before we come and get you”....4 years later still nothing.
I’m just wise to those tactics now.
I think this was a DARE and a TAUNT to the killer rather than a "they don't know who it is." Like do us all a favor and get up and run.....

Teacher, team coach, Sunday School teacher...... Someone used to talking to kids to get their attention ???....moo
This was what I was trying to get at. While the use of the term may be common, there are certain scenarios where it is frequent. I agree school or peripherally associated with the school makes sense to me.

Amateur opinion or speculation

As in the previous thread, I definitely get the impression from BG's tone that he is presenting himself as some form of authority. Teacher, LE, something else. I think it plausible that he approached under the guise of coaxing them down off the bridge, given its generally unsafe state.

I recently found a CGI video compiled using Libby's photos and a walk of the bridge to show the progress across the bridge and how BG would have appeared to them as he came closer. Haunting, to say the least.

As in the previous thread, I definitely get the impression from BG's tone that he is presenting himself as some form of authority. Teacher, LE, something else. I think it plausible that he approached under the guise of coaxing them down off the bridge, given its generally unsafe state.

I recently found a CGI video compiled using Libby's photos and a walk of the bridge to show the progress across the bridge and how BG would have appeared to them as he came closer. Haunting, to say the least.

Good point on the getting them off the bridge "for their own safety" as a ploy.

I am very confused this morning after finding out last night from a news article that the new sketch released at the news conference was drawn on February 17, 2017! It states further that it was drawn from a description from a person “that saw something that the person felt needed to be reported”.
Why was this not reported then? Did they dismiss it for some reason? Lose it until someone reminded them about it recently? Was it originally reported as related to the murders or related to something else and they just now put it together? The families have a myriad of reasons to be upset but maybe this is why they were reported yesterday as seemingly angry.
The fact this two year old sketch was released at the same time as information about a vehicle from two years ago I don’t think is a coincident.
My opinion is someone contacted them recently with information that reminded them of this previous sketch and verified somehow that this was the direction they needed to take, and it changed everything.
The most important thing is LE said, without wavering, without qualification, the guy in the new sketch is the man who killed the girls.

When I heard that word, "Guys," I could picture him coming up on them and saying, "Guys, you're not allowed on this bridge. It's hazardous. You'll have to go down the hill and around the other way to get back." Or something along those lines. To me, he sounds like he said something following the word, "Guys." Then we could hear him telling them to, "Down the hill."

Two different locations (yards apart perhaps) starting with the...Guys....and later after they were all off the bridge...his instructions where to go. There definitely sounds like there is time between those two sound bites and possibly more words we can't hear (muffled as they moved and Libby is guarding her phone). MOO.

I think that LE would publish as much audio (that is discernible) as they possibly could as long as it wasn't horrifying to the family with the actual murders of the girls pleading for mercy etc.

This monster needs to be found!!!

Yes, it was a VERY targeted statement and he knew BG would know what he meant. Doesn't matter that the public doesn't get the reference.

Was that movie shown recently at church? Was the book or movie given to LE by someone following the case? Did a pastor mention it in a sermon recently?

Is there an actual shack in this case where evidence was found???

jmo

I think some other members have mentioned it, but I also feel like I remember seeing something about a shack way back at the beginning of this case. I haven't had time to search yet.

I can't believe how little conversation this is generating!! Thought I would be coming back to multiple threads to try and catch up on.

I wonder why they are so convinced that somebody else knows? Many killers have committed horrendous crimes and their family/friends/neighbours have been utterly shocked when the truth comes out and would nevrr have expected it.

Why are they so sure that isn't the case here?

It's been two years, not four.
I think they have a lot more than nothing.
From the beginning they said they will find him and I think they will.
The killer may not have left any DNA behind. LE has never said they have it.
They relied on witnesses to develop a sketch. From the video it is very difficult to see him clearly. He may have deliberately disguised himself, then changed his appearance after the murder.
I think now that they have narrowed down their search an arrest will come soon. I'm sure LE is just as frustrated as everyone else. Imo
ISP First Sergeant Holeman actually said in an interview in August 2017 that they have DNA, BUT he stopped short of saying they identified the killer's DNA. LE has danced all around this topic since the beginning so I don't know what to make of it.
Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

Me neither.

About the new sketch, what was/is the reason for holding it back for 2 years.?

What evidence would lead them to say that THIS IS THE MURDERER.. and not just this is the suspect?

And from a sketch?

To these trained eyes, the sketches look quite a bit different.. especially the (previously) most distinguishing characteristic which was the nose. No longer is the nose vase shaped. Now it is much narrower and much less swollen-looking as it was in the first one.

Is this really the same guy?

In general, it was a news conference to give out the new sketch and scare the guy. But why???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk