IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 10:30 a.m. Monday, Federal Bureau of Investigation agents were interviewing neighbors in the first block of Dole Avenue.

Neighbor Kelly Haussman said she’s “very upset” by the case.

“The FBI interviewed us Friday night and it was really sad. [The agent] actually said, ‘This is a child who probably isn’t used to a lot of people,’ ” she said. “This is so upsetting.”

Haussman said she’s afraid the child won’t be found alive.

I walked by that house a million times, and I’ve said, ‘Hi’ to [Andrew Sr.], and he’s never said, ‘Hi’ back,” she said. “I’ve never seen the kids.”

Crystal Lake police: Mother of missing 5-year-old boy not cooperating with police as search continues | Northwest Herald

One of Cunningham’s attorneys, George Kililis, denied the accusation Monday that his client was not cooperating with police, noting that Cunningham has met with police for more than 10 hours since her son’s disappearance, and complied with warrants to search her house and phone, as well as collect samples of her DNA.

If it’s a confession police want, however, they won’t be getting one from Cunningham, Kililis said.

At some point the police, for whatever reason, started treating her as a suspect,” Kililis said. “Yes, we’re not cooperating with that, but that’s not the same thing.

Crystal Lake police: Mother of missing 5-year-old boy not cooperating with police as search continues | Northwest Herald

If the mom has a hearing tomorrow to get her 3-year old back from DCF, I'm going to bet the mom, right now, is clean. If she didn't have to drop at the police station, I'm pretty sure DCF will make sure that she's clean by having her drop before the 3-year old can return to her custody. Plus, I really don't think a good lawyer (or law team as she appears to have a team), would allow their client to pursue getting the boy back if she was still using. That could really hurt their case and she could potentially lose him and the baby she's carrying.

During 2013 to 2015, where was the dad? Was he in treatment at that time? AJ has 2 parents so if one was using and the other should have been able to keep AJ. Was moving in with AJ's dad the only way she could get him back in 2015?

I didn't see where it was stated that the police said the dog found AJ's scent in the trunk. I saw the video of the dog in there. Was it just speculation on the reporters part or fact?
I've only seen the video of the dog and having worked alongside scent dogs the dog did NOT give any indication to its handler that it had picked up a scent. It sniffed the trunk, no single bark, no notification to handler, it just jumped out of the trunk as if bored. IMO, that is NOT an indication that a scent was detected.

Mother of missing Crystal Lake boy to face 2 court appearances Tuesday

She won’t be getting her younger son back today.

Even if she passes drug testing, it sounds like they could be evicted any day now.

Records show this home was foreclosed on and sold at auction in February, and neighbors say the family was supposed to move out two weeks ago.

I've only seen the video of the dog and having worked alongside scent dogs the dog did NOT give any indication to its handler that it had picked up a scent. It sniffed the trunk, no single bark, no notification to handler, it just jumped out of the trunk as if bored. IMO, that is NOT an indication that a scent was detected.
They comment that several dogs were used. I also posted upstream an expert opinion on the dogs. The one thing about LE, when it comes to children, if they tell the media something you can depend on it. IOW, some dog in the pack hit on the trunk.

They had the time to travel much further than that.
But would they take the chance of driving very far? The farther,and longer they drive the more chance of getting caught. Plus I'm pretty sure they would want to back to drugging ASAP. Which might be a tad hard to do while driving around looking for a dumping spot.
MOO

But would they take the chance of driving very far? The farther,and longer they drive the more chance of getting caught. Plus I'm pretty sure they would want to back to drugging ASAP. Which might be a tad hard to do while driving around looking for a dumping spot.
MOO
Agreed.....history says a 10 mile radius. I'm betting on North shore Drive...but I'm obviously guessing. Take a stroll down North Shore Drive on Google street and you will see what I mean.

I agree with @MissMalowe. At this point we have no idea what they are actually searching for. They could be following up and/or verifying something from a lead or information they received. We don't know what LE knows. As far as releasing information there is an entire FBI policy and procedure book on releasing info to the press that is probably being followed. My guess would be it is the FBI making the calls on what to release based on what is needed to successfully find this child and bring anyone who may be involved to justice. JMHO
Andrew,Daddy's phone. Anything connected to Andrew.
MOO

I definitely don’t think any sane doctor would prescribe Xanax or any prescription drugs to a drug addict. I take Klonopin and am pregnant - but I never even drank alcohol in my life and have no history of addiction. I take 0.5mg a day which my doctors didn’t think it needed to be tapered down.

They would not prescribe anything to someone with a history of addiction. It’s just crazy to entertain that idea. Like she’ll stop at Xanax... it probably won’t do anything to her as she’s used to the hard hard drugs.

I hope she never takes care of a kid again. Ever. Poor baby.

Why do you guys think it’s taking so long to find Andrew? I mean, LE seemed to really know what was up but now I’m just scared they will never recover him? Teddy Horman vibes.

Details about the boyfriend who lived in the home.
——————————-

Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy fight foreclosure of home
6:33pm

Lenders are attempting to foreclose on the home where a 5-year-old Crystal Lake boy was reported missing Thursday, court records show.

Andrew Freund and JoAnn Cunningham purchased the mortgage for their Dole Avenue home from Home Sites, LLC on March 14, 2017, court records show.

The pair failed to pay 2016 and 2017 property taxes on their home, however, and in July, Home Sites sought foreclosure on the property, citing defaulted payments in the amount of $98,909, according to a petition filed in McHenry County court.

The property was originally purchased by Freund for $137,500 in 1990, according to property records.

In accordance with a Nov. 21 court order, the home was sold at a Feb. 22 foreclosure sale. Freund is attempting to dispute the transaction and the matter is expected to pick back up in McHenry County court Thursday.

~snip

Another man, 36-year-old Daniel Nowicki, is also reported to have lived at the home some time within the past year.
Woodstock police arrested Nowicki in December, after he allegedly kicked and hit two nurses and a security guard at Northwestern Medical Hospital – Woodstock, while undergoing a psychological evaluation, Cunningham said in a Jan. 1 email to the Northwest Herald. Nowicki lived at the Dole Avenue address at the time, according to the criminal complaint detailing his arrest.

Nowicki was taken to the McHenry County Jail on Dec. 19, and remained there Monday evening on a $75,000 bond.

Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy fight foreclosure of home | Northwest Herald
Sad thing is the Property Taxes might be a worse offense than all the drugging,and child abuse,neglect.
MOO.

Earlier Monday, police said they still do not believe AJ was abducted. They did not say who else might have had contact with the boy before he went missing. The attorney for Cunningham said Sunday that no one else was in the house Wednesday aside from the parents and a younger brother.

State records show that the parents — Freund, 60, and Cunningham, 36, — became engaged after he represented her as her attorney in a 2012 divorce case, though the McHenry County clerk’s office has no record of a marriage between the two, and her attorney said they never got married.

Freund is authorized by the state to practice law, but he is on probation from a 2015 suspension by the Illinois Supreme Court, according to the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission.

The discipline stemmed from Cunningham’s 2012 divorce case, when she was known as JoAnn Summerkamp, in which she and Freund were found guilty of indirect civil contempt of court for the removal of property from her marital home, in violation of a judge’s order. He was sentenced to two weeks in jail, and she to 30 days.

The couple’s engagement became an aggravating factor in his case, the commission reported, because attorneys generally are prohibited from becoming romantically involved with their clients. He also was found to have appeared in court on her behalf in 2013 in a municipal ordinance violation case even though he was not authorized to practice law at that time for failing to complete continuing legal education, the ARDC reported.

Freund was diagnosed with opioid and cocaine abuse disorders and was ordered to abstain and to continue treatment and a 12-step program, with regular progress reports.

Freund also was convicted of retail theft of merchandise from a Kohl’s department store in Algonquin in 2014. Court records show he pleaded guilty, was ordered to undergo drug and alcohol rehabilitation and was placed on one year of supervision, according to ARDC records.

According to the law firm representing the boys’ mother, a hearing will be held Tuesday afternoon at the McHenry County courthouse regarding the status of the younger son. In a news release, the firm said, “In connection with such a hearing, we expect to obtain additional information relative to the status of the search for AJ, and on what basis DCFS contends to take (his brother) from his parents’ custody.”

The news release also said that Cunningham, who is seven months pregnant, is expected to attend the hearing and might speak at a news conference afterward if “she is capable of doing so. JoAnn is emotionally, mentally, and physically fragile after five days with no sign of AJ.”
Police: Focus remains on AJ Freund's Crystal Lake home and people who had last contact with him

Live news coverage https://www.facebook.com/abc7chicago/videos/1993043907657673/
57505760_1993058224322908_2827803693137526784_n.jpg

-PAXP-deijE.gif

ABC 7 Chicago is live now.
25 mins
SEARCH FOR AJ: The mother of a missing Crystal Lake boy heads to court in McHenry County today, as the search for her 5-year-old son Andrew 'AJ' Freund continues. https://abc7.ws/2IAKkSv

As far as what could be 'safe' for managing anxiety while pregnant, I'm not totally sure, but if there is a history of drug abuse there, it makes you wonder. JMO.
Buspar, Ambien and Welbutrin are safe while pregnant (B Category). There are contradicting reports online but I thoroughly went through this with my OB and Primary during and after pregnancy. (haven't caught back up on posts so not sure if this was relevant anymore)

Does someone have a link to the video of dad speaking to the press/LE about his phone?

Did he say he lost/misplaced it, that it broke or that he doesn't have it? Just wondering if it's a *possibility* that he willingly gave it to police at their request
and that is the reason he doesn't have it and was upset/focused on needing to get a replacement phone?

Just trying to explore all possible options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288