Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s important not to get too caught up in how old the sketch makes the murderer appear. Many people appear much younger (or older) than their actual age. I’m guessing the age range is broad so that people don’t rule anyone out because they think they’re too old or too young. MOO of course.

I am trying to wrap my mind around all this. IF...as it almost seems certain now....this is someone who the girls were familiar with....what do you think would have alarmed Libby to the point she needed to get it on a recording?? Thoughts??

I share a lot of your same thoughts and questions.

An area I'd like to elaborate on is the car, because it has been brought up in multiple posts. At first I also thought it was strange that LE didn't give specifics about its make, colour or model but after mulling it over for a while I'm thinking it was a calculated choice so they would avoid getting a barrage of useless tips. Lets say for example they cited it as a 'white truck', then they'd likely be getting tips about everyone in town who owns a white truck. I'm thinking it was probably the only vehicle parked in that lot on Feb 13th during the hours of 12-5pm (since the building was abandoned you wouldn't expect any vehicles in the lot, so it would stand out as suspicious). As a witness passing/driving by, you either saw a vehicle there or you didn't, it doesn't really matter the make, model, or colour. Also, LE specifically asks for information about the 'identity of the driver of the car parked....' not tips about the vehicle.
i agree with this, but who is going to remember a random car parked in a parking lot more than 2 years later? And know anything about the driver?

Thoughts in a new direction:

The uptick in horrific crimes and mass shootings perpetrated by disaffected, often bullied, young ( usually Caucasian) males in our society changes the way we need to look at murders such as the ones in Delphi. Could this be the work of just such a person? A young adult who has massive repressed anger and, in this case, a crisis in faith? We only call these people "monsters" after the fact. Most times we don't even see it coming.

I hope that press conference was just a big ruse to get him to come in so he could be arrested. They're too "sure" so I find it hard to believe that they would alert him and allow him to go home knowing they are risking lives of his family or others depending how desperate he may be. Also hoping the family ran out because they were upset and possibly sitting in the same room as the person of interest . I find it hard to believe that the family could be angry at the investigation as they are not miracle workers and do the best they can. This whole ordeal is just plain sick. Hopeful wishing on my part that this was the end. We're just starting might be used out of context.

Did you use the example of "white truck" because of the WRTV b-roll footage of the search? Right at the beginning of that it looks to me like there's a white truck parked in what appears to be the area, but I'm not 100% sure...Here's the clip:

Its on the opposite side of the highway....MOO not the correct parking area

ETA: I see you already realized it while I was replying

Last edited:
I hesitate to bring up an accent again, but does anyone think he still sounds like someone not from the area? Like maybe grew up somewhere else but has been tied to Delphi for many years?

I think the “guys” is a huge clue about his early years. It’s a term I’d use to any group of 2 or more, male or female, known or not. I grew up 1,000 miles from Delphi.

This.
Teachers often call their students “guys”.
It implies a casual non-threatening relationship, and to be honest, used when a teacher who sees/knows many students can’t quite remember names at a given moment. A teacher would say “Ok guys, let’s all sit down and turn to page 27.”

A teacher would have been off on the school holiday that terrible day in February 2017 just like Abby & Libby were. Were Delphi schools off yesterday, Easter Monday? Schools in my area were out. If Delphi schools were out, the presser could have been strategically scheduled for a school holiday after inviting the public to attend. That would allow a teacher to attend. If the families were told the perp could have been a local teacher, that would be shocking and upsetting to them.

I am a teacher, and as much as this theory troubles me, it is preferable to me than the thought of a family member or LE being involved.

Im not a teacher but to me, LE being involved is the most troubling. I realize LE are also human beings and there are some evil human beings, but the thought that a person who are supposed to be protecting us, protecting Abby and Libby, committed such acts is honestly nauseating.

i agree with this, but who is going to remember a random car parked in a parking lot more than 2 years later? And know anything about the driver?
I agree. The car was not discussed at the beginning of the investigation, but two years later. And while it was the first item talked about at the PC, it just kind of came and went, to be mentioned nevermore. Unless they got a new tip, I feel the car is mostly important to whomever the PC was directed at. As in, "crap, they know my car was there."

I can't believe how little conversation this is generating!! Thought I would be coming back to multiple threads to try and catch up on.

I wonder why they are so convinced that somebody else knows? Many killers have committed horrendous crimes and their family/friends/neighbours have been utterly shocked when the truth comes out and would nevrr have expected it.

Why are they so sure that isn't the case here?

The thread was shut down yesterday for multiple violations of TOS. There likely would have been multiple threads if people had simply listened.

Today, I am going to stop reading if every other post is discussing the use of the term "guys". Sigh!

I am trying to wrap my mind around all this. IF...as it almost seems certain now....this is someone who the girls were familiar with....what do you think would have alarmed Libby to the point she needed to get it on a recording?? Thoughts??
I’ve always wondered why she recorded rather than ran, or if she was even recording him. Maybe, instead, she was recording something/someone else and he was merely in the background at some point?

Here’s my take on the new audio. To me it sounds like he is positioning himself in an authoritative role. Like he “caught” the girls doing something they shouldn’t and used this as a ruse to lead them. Not implying the girls did anything wrong at all. But this audio to me sounds like...

Ok girls I caught you. I don’t want to do this but c’mon

Guys, down the hill.

It’s a reluctant sound like I have to do this, gotta turn you in.

I don’t think the girls did anything wrong. I think this creep acted as an authority figure in an effort to control them.

I wondered about that too how he said "Guys" my first impression was he knew them and they knew him... But that was just "my" impression. Guys sounds too personnel to me I guess.

I remember an article from the DM pictured a shed on the property the bodies were found on. I don't remember a shack, though. Imo

I remember people talking about a small shack two years ago that was upstream and on the opposite side of the creek from where the bodies were found. Supposedly LE searched it. You could see it on google maps and Imaps at the time. I know on Imaps right now you can’t see it. Either it’s been taken down or the trees are too full in the current aerial photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle