Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I wonder about that aspect. Was the visit to the trail a spur of the moment thing that day or something they looked forward to a few days prior?

From what I read previously the girls plans to go to the bridge were only formed a few hours beforehand, and they were subject to being able to get a ride to and from the trails. So in essence, it was mostly spur of the moment. I've often wondered if the people they asked for rides casually told others which could have given someone with evil intents a window of opportunity.

Not surprisingly, the presser yesterday set off a feeding frenzy on social media. People in the community comparing pictures of people there to the new sketch, others then defending those people, then people taking offense back. It's a mess.

It appears at least one individual has already shut down a social media account because of things that were being posted on his account about him in the wake of the new sketch.

Obviously everyone wants to find the perp and bring him to justice, but hopefully innocent people are aren't harassed in that process.

I'm still pondering the abandoned vehicle and trying to figure out how it fits with the release of the "new" sketch. Was the vehicle perhaps stolen? Is it possible this "new" sketch was made back in 2017 based on a witness who saw the car thief? Have they perhaps just recently received new info to show that the car thief and BG are one and the same? Perhaps the same DNA left at the crime scene was found in the vehicle? (But if they have DNA I think he is not in any criminal database and they haven't tried genetic genealogy yet). MOO.

Early this morning on ABC news, the press conference was reported. A newsman who was there said the audience was being filmed, and everyone who entered the room had to sign their name to a sign in sheet

It sure seems like investigators are fishing, I just hope that they can get a bite.....MOO

Thoughts buzzing around in my head here....

The information about the car was very important information that should have been released right away, not TWO YEARS LATER!

I am so puzzled as to why they don't state a colour, make or model if they know the car was there from noon to five and that it was abandoned, which (to me) implies that they must be in possession of it or someone got at least a very clear view of it.

Carter doesn't specifically state that the driver of the vehicle is one and the same as the person in the new sketch aka BG. Why not?

They will never give the COD until the suspect is in custody and going to trial! That isn’t something you can say without jeopardizing the whole case.

The girls were found around noon on the 14th!

They were found the next day because the night before, searches had been called off! I believe people still searched, but with it being dark, made it difficult.

We aren’t sure why there was description of vehicle ...everyone has theories.

I agree. It seems there’s something about the murderer that’s causing LE to believe he’s literally gloating over all the notoriety and intrigue he’s created. Aside from information released that’s necessary in leading to his capture, I think it’s prudent that no further details are disclosed prior to his arrest if it only serves to pander his ego.

I do wonder if this person is suspected to be quite vocal in seeking more information from LE.

“We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day you will."...”

I agree. The car was not discussed at the beginning of the investigation, but two years later. And while it was the first item talked about at the PC, it just kind of came and went, to be mentioned nevermore. Unless they got a new tip, I feel the car is mostly important to whomever the PC was directed at. As in, "crap, they know my car was there."
I mentioned this before: I think the memory of the car wasn’t recent. I think possibly LE needs the car to be tied to the suspect and that when the new (2nd) sketch was created, that’s when the witness mentioned the car. I’m just trying to make sense of how the car is relevant now instead of 2 years ago. Maybe it was ruled out then and they are now taking a second look.

I think it’s important not to get too caught up in how old the sketch makes the murderer appear. Many people appear much younger (or older) than their actual age. I’m guessing the age range is broad so that people don’t rule anyone out because they think they’re too old or too young. MOO of course.

Good points and it’s also important to remember that sketches are not a photograph. They’re created through the recollect of somebody’s memory.

The most interesting feature of the newly released sketch that I noticed was the thick, curly hair.

The 'guys' thing is rough.
On the one hand, I'd hate to see it take over the thread.

On the other - LE released additional audio where the ONLY thing new is the word 'guys'. I am guessing that it's in the hope that someone who knows this a-hole recognizes his voice, but even so, it's hard not to focus on that.

My two cents - I use 'guys' a lot, but it's typically with people I am familiar with, at the least.

"Guys" shows familiarity or a connection. It's sociable and friendly and kind of says "Don't worry, I'm like you." Used with strangers for example, you need a lighter and you see some people smoking: "Hey guys, could I borrow a lighter?" Or you see some boys fighting and say "Guys, calm down." You don't say Guys, I'm gonna kill you unless you're a deranged psycho.

The opening words from the press conference:

"Information being released today is the result of literally thousands and thousands of hours of extraordinary investigative efforts by Delphi, Carroll County, the FBI, Indiana State Police and countless other agencies."

And then? Zero no new information. Just another useless sketch that was made more than two years ago and snippets of Libby's audio and video recordings. I don't doubt that they've spent thousands of hours working this case and that they're desperate to solve this murder. But I don't think law enforcement should be patting themselves on the back. The ONLY evidence there is (or has been released to the public) came from LIBBY. Law enforcement, thus far, has completely and totally failed her and Abby. I don't care to see another choked up, overly emotional cop reading from a smarmy script unless they've got significant new information or a real break in the case...or preferably an arrest.

IMO, this was a slap in the face for the families of the victims and everyone else who cares about them.

I think its aimed at somebody who closely knows the suspect and their specific vehicle. JMO
But if LE has the vehicle, they know who owns it, who it’s registered to.
If LE doesn’t have the vehicle, and BG just drove off and is going about his business, it means nothing to anyone.

I’ve always wondered why she recorded rather than ran, or if she was even recording him. Maybe, instead, she was recording something/someone else and he was merely in the background at some point?

I don't believe she could have ran on the bridge. From what I've seen you watch every step you take. JMO.

Remember too that LE says the man may look younger than he actually is. New sketch could absolutely be of someone in their 30s.
Why would they say this?

Do they know who he is and knows he looks younger than he is? Is there something someone saw that made them think the person is older than his face would indicate? Had to mean something because they didn’t say he may be younger than he looks.

Since the age range given is huge (18-40) if he looked younger than he is (i.e. 45 but looks 40) tipsters would assume he fell in the age range and not need to be cautioned. However, if he looks younger than 18 then the comment would be important. However if they think it’s a teenager why take the age estimate up to 40?

Just one more thing that has me baffled in this case.

Looking at the Google street view from the main Hoosier Highway, I think that if I were personally driving that highway, I would not be likely to notice a rogue car parked on the side road. If I did, I also probably wouldn't think much of it at the time. For all you can tell from that distance, it could be somebody working at one of the nearby lots, or the car could have just been abandoned.

My inclination would be to think that whoever noticed this car in connection with this case probably spotted it from that same side road leading toward the trailhead, and was able to tell that it was a car still in active use, i.e. not broken down or abandoned.

The new sketch reminds me of the Lyons sisters case... there was an additional sketch done early on that was never released. I forget exactly why, but they felt it wasn’t reliable. It looked exactly like the perp arrested decades later (somewhat recently). I think the witness was a teenager who described a man in the shopping center that weirded her out. How sad that this information was not released earlier. I hope it is helpful in resolving the case now.

I think they had the initial sketch from a witness but in LE's opinion the person did not match what they were seeing in the video of the man on the bridge. They thought the person was to young. This person may have been seen by the witness near the car at the end of the trail parked at the abandoned building. Something has happened (90 degree turn) that they now suspect the original witness sighting was in fact BG. The Shack used as a religious motivation is odd. There is a specific reason that in such an important release of information it was mentioned at length compared to the car. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne