Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me where her cell phone was found?

I am shocked that BG would allow himself to be recorded and NOT make sure he left the crime scene WITH IT!

ETA I didn’t follow this case as I have others...TIA

:)

It was found with her. BG evidently did not know he had been recorded.

My thoughts on all this (some of them are deviating drastically from the conversation thus far):

The car is much more important, perhaps the most important clue of the entire presser. A local would know the building was empty therefore nobody snooping around and no cameras. Also, other locals knowing the building being empty too, would surely find a car parked there peculiar. In my mind, they have a witness who mentioned it. Now they are asking to see if anyone else noticed it and thought it was weird as well. If people saw it span an hour or two there then it's more than simply someone pulling over to take a leak.
What if they're asking for a description of the car to break an alibi? Like if so and so said they were one place at the day and time, but the car being parked there would place them in a totally different area?

If there is more video/audio footage, I doubt it's much more. On Snapchat, you have to hold the button to record and I don't know how much Liberty was capable of doing that, especially surreptitiously. Even when you hold the record button, it will only do I think one minute of video.

Unless she switched to her phone video app (did she have iPhone or Android, I don't know), only then could you set the phone to record and have it continue recording.
How would she have gotten the video of our killer if she was on Snapchat. I've always thought she was recording thru video function on her phone.

The press conference was very strange, but in my opinion very deliberate in how it was conducted (probably with input from a larger agency, FBI, etc.). There’s a reason why many LE agencies use a public information person to relay info versus having officers personally do the talking, and in this case the emotion and demeanor of the Superintendent was somewhat distracting (but I’m not being critical because I respect him immensely). Here are some points to ponder:

1. Anybody else think it’s odd they did not mention the $ reward? AFAIK it’s still offered and I’m shocked it wasn’t even mentioned.
2. My gut feeling is leaning way more toward this not being a random act of opportunity but probably someone known to the families. When he is finally revealed it might be like the Scoobie Doo cartoon where the bad guy peels off a mask (in this case, not literally) and it’s nobody they thought of.
3. When asking that media refrain from contacting the families for 2 weeks, and saying they had just been made aware of this “new” information that morning - does anyone else wonder how to interpret that? Finding it hard to believe that the families had not previously been privy to more audio/video than released publicly and if the new sketch really was created in ‘17 I think they would have known that as well.
4. If the perpetrator was foolish enough to show up at the PC, then this case should wind up pretty quickly; cannot help but think the PC was set as a trap to lure this guy out of hiding (and they know who he is but lack witness/evidence to nail him). The whole “The Shack” reference seemed like some coded message that the perpetrator will understand.

Thoughts?

Way back at the start, there was the idea that the pics of BG were stills from the background of a vid the girls were taking - that he happened to walk into the frame, not that he was deliberately caught on video. We know that brilliant little Libby recorded him deliberately, but that could just refer to the audio. If it’s true that the BG vid was just a background catch, they might not have anything more or better.

The press conference was very strange, but in my opinion very deliberate in how it was conducted (probably with input from a larger agency, FBI, etc.). There’s a reason why many LE agencies use a public information person to relay info versus having officers personally do the talking, and in this case the emotion and demeanor of the Superintendent was somewhat distracting (but I’m not being critical because I respect him immensely). Here are some points to ponder:

1. Anybody else think it’s odd they did not mention the $ reward? AFAIK it’s still offered and I’m shocked it wasn’t even mentioned.
2. My gut feeling is leaning way more toward this not being a random act of opportunity but probably someone known to the families. When he is finally revealed it might be like the Scoobie Doo cartoon where the bad guy peels off a mask (in this case, not literally) and it’s nobody they thought of.
3. When asking that media refrain from contacting the families for 2 weeks, and saying they had just been made aware of this “new” information that morning - does anyone else wonder how to interpret that? Finding it hard to believe that the families had not previously been privy to more audio/video than released publicly and if the new sketch really was created in ‘17 I think they would have known that as well.
4. If the perpetrator was foolish enough to show up at the PC, then this case should wind up pretty quickly; cannot help but think the PC was set as a trap to lure this guy out of hiding (and they know who he is but lack witness/evidence to nail him). The whole “The Shack” reference seemed like some coded message that the perpetrator will understand.

Thoughts?

Regarding the two weeks a member of one of the girl’s family may be recovering from a health issue and they don’t want to have to deal with the media whilst they are trying to get better.

i agree with this, but who is going to remember a random car parked in a parking lot more than 2 years later? And know anything about the driver?

It seems like a stretch but don't forget that a double murder (of two innocent children) in a small town like Delphi is unprecedented. This is a very significant event for the residents of this town and they can likely very well remember where they were and what they were doing on the afternoon of Feb. 13th 2017 because it is in reference to something of such significance. If you asked me what I was doing on an average, routine day 2 years ago, I'd probably have no idea. But this was no average, routine day in Delphi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni