VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

I was in Roanoke for work this week and all I could think about was baby Arieanna. I have unfortunately lost hope that her little body will be found, with all the flooding/snow in Roanoke and the countless lies that LE has no doubt been told, so now I am praying for justice. I can only hope EVERYONE who had a hand in this precious child's death- either directly or indirectly- is brought to justice.

Tuesday, February 19th:
*Review Hearing (@ 9am ET) – VA – Arieanna Day (3 mos) (Sept 12, 2018, Roanoke, not found) – *Andrew Christopher Terry (31) arrested (9/12/18) & charged (9/20/18) with illegal disposal of a body. Held without bond. Bond denied 9/20/18. Judge granted (10/25/18) $50K bond, has bonded out. Indicted (1/8/19) with concealing a body. Montgomery County Case #CR12001229-02
9/26/18: Revocation hearing on 10/29.
10/16/18 Update: Appealed ruling on “no bond”. Appeal granted a $50K Secure bond. The bond stipulations are the following: Turn in his passport, can't leave the Commonwealth of Virginia, has a curfew 10 p.m. to 7 a.m., & he is not to interfere with the current investigation. Next is Prelim hearing on 10/25.
10/25/18 Update: In September, Terry was arrested and charged with illegally concealing a body. Last week a judge allowed Terry out of jail on a $50,000 bond. The case is scheduled to go before a grand jury on January 8. Next hearing is Revocation hearing on 10/29.
10/29/18 Update: Revocation hearing (Grand Larceny) is continued. Goes to Grand Jury on 1/8/19; Review hearing (Grand Larceny) set for 2/19.

1/8/19 Update: Indicted with concealing a body. No further dates for this case. Trial starts 3/13/19.

FYI: Vass’s Grave Detection Machine is a hoax If the scientist Arpad Vass says he can find your missing loved one using fingernail clippings, don't believe him.

Grave-Detection Machine, Invented by Dr. Arpad Vass Receives Long Awaited Approval for his Patent in July 2018 – ForensicRecoveryServices.org
Here is the website for Dr. Vass. Very interesting information. Be sure to watch the video about how they are detecting bodies. "Buster" is their cadaver dog with some great videos.

The Grave Detection Machine is a hoax. Preying upon families of the missing. If the scientist Arpad Vass says he can find your missing loved one using fingernail clippings, don't believe him.

I found this:

I Googled Dr. Arpad Vass - he's a research scientist and forensic anthropologist. Interesting guy. He testified in the CA case. He works with "decomposition odor analysis."

There was an article in May of this year about something Dr. Vass developed and calls his INQUISITOR machine which apparently is a grave detection device. DNA from a family member can be used as a reference sample. I'm not sure how exactly it's used or even if it's what Chief Jones was talking about but he did say they found what he called samples in the search area that they sent for forensic testing. He didn't say what the samples were.
Roanoke Police reveal more about investigation into infant's disappearance
Grave-Detection Machine, Invented by Dr. Arpad Vass Receives Long Awaited Approval for his Patent in July 2018 – ForensicRecoveryServices.org

Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks for the link - great article! Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and Dr. Vass hasn't presented any proof so far and his gadget doesn't sound very promising.

It's a pity though that a person with a PhD in Forensic Anthropology has put himself in the same category with other greedy predators in missing cases.

Are there any wild predators (wolves, coyotes, bobcats) roaming near Roanoke, that could have carried away her body if left in the open or a shallow grave? Not a pleasant though, but could that be a reason why not being found?

Yes I believe that is what happened. There are obviously buzzards/vultures around but there are also coyotes, coywolves (if that's actually a thing- there's debate on that), bobcats, etc. - I don't think there are any wolves in VA though

Monday, May 6th:
*Review Hearing-Grand Larceny charge (@ 9am ET) – VA – Arieanna Day (3 mos) (Sept 12, 2018, Roanoke, not found) – *Andrew Christopher Terry (31) arrested (9/12/18) & charged (9/20/18) with illegal disposal of a body. Held without bond. Bond denied 9/20/18. Judge granted (10/25/18) $50K bond, has bonded out. Indicted (1/8/19) with concealing a body.
Montgomery County Circuit Case #CR12001229-02/Grand Larceny; #CR18001352-02/Conceal
9/26/18: Revocation hearing on 10/29.
10/16/18 Update: Appealed ruling on “no bond”. Appeal granted a $50K Secure bond. The bond stipulations are the following: Turn in his passport, can't leave the Commonwealth of Virginia, has a curfew 10 p.m. to 7 a.m., & he is not to interfere with the current investigation. Next is Prelim hearing on 10/25 for different charge. 10/29/18: Revocation hearing (Grand Larceny) is continued. Goes to Grand Jury on 1/8/19; Review hearing (Grand Larceny) set for 2/19. 2/19/19: Review hearing (Grand Larceny) continued to 5/6.

10/25/18 Update: In September, Terry was arrested and charged with illegally concealing a body. Last week a judge allowed Terry out of jail on a $50,000 bond. The case is scheduled to go before a grand jury on January 8. Next hearing is Revocation hearing on 10/29. 1/8/19: Indicted with concealing a body. No further dates for this case. Trial was to start 3/13/19, continued to 5/29.

It seems to be a continuance in the works. Possibly July, no concrete proof yet, judicial system still shows May 29th. The "mother" has visited mental health hospital a total of five times, that has been confirmed. My question is, if she is a person of interest, why hasn't she been arrested and charged, too? The "father" has been charged with a class 6 felony, that carries a penalty of up to five years of incarceration and/or up to $2500. Why does it seem to be at a standstill?

Yes I believe that is what happened. There are obviously buzzards/vultures around but there are also coyotes, coywolves (if that's actually a thing- there's debate on that), bobcats, etc. - I don't think there are any wolves in VA though

There's wolves in Virginia, in that rural area, many. There's a lot of developing going on and the wildlife are becoming more visible than years before. Much of it was farm and forest land, the older generation is thinning out and the kids aren't interested in continuing the family farms or owning large property.

So glad someone posted in this thread. I had wondered about her recently, but could only remember she was from VA and not her name. Praying that she will be found and whoever is involved with her disappearance will be charged.

@B-Angel the second link is from a closed Facebook group which we are not allowed to discuss on here. We also aren't allowed to discuss social media rumors, but that first link you posted was.....umm interesting? Not sure how to feel about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back