Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I messaged the reporter on Facebook, referencing the video report: "At about 52 seconds, you mention that the girls were "choked to death" but, to my knowledge, manner of death hasn't been released? Some online web slueths are wondering if you could point them/us in t he direction of your reference for this info?"
She probably won't reply, but, we'll see!

Thank you! I hope you get a response!

Whether Abby had a cellphone has never been specifically stated by either LE or her mother, that I’ve ever noticed. So either she didn’t or the information has been withheld. I’ve long wondered about this same unanswered question too and in one of LE press conferences long ago it sounded to me like the plural “the girls’ cellphones” was spoken but that’s the only possible but vague inference I recall.
It was stated on the talk show that Abby did not have a cell phone.

I totally think part of what was said, either by him or the girls, was cut off. There is something between "guys" and "down the hill"

I'm way behind reading, but I want to jump in on this. I definitely agree there is something deleted there. IMO, he called Abby by name "Guys, Abby, down the hill". My reason for this is that the perp didn't find Libby's phone. I think Abby was the target. Libby being a little heavier and older, probably put up a fight and was killed first. Abby was a tiny thing and would be easier to control. I also feel like the perp is young and slight in stature. Had he not had a weapon, Libby probably would have kicked butt while Abby made a run for it. Just my two cents. Any college kids home this week?

While I am very glad that they have released more information to help the public, I do feel that it was done because they were at a dead end, which is disappointing. So what do you do? Back to the drawing board. Before I read the information that the sketch they released yesterday was one they had almost from Day 1, I was speculating that the new sketch came from a super high-tech analysis and cleanup of the original video, perhaps courtesy of the FBI, that eliminated anomalies and shadows and accounted for angles that basically were creating a distorted picture of BG. Now, it's possible they still did that and realized hey, now he looks just like our original sketch!

I don't for a minute think this sketch came from DNA/Parabon - the original sketch, with all its detail and much more realistic-look, DID look like that to me - either that, or an extrapolation of stills from the video. Which as we know, any processing, cleanup, etc., are based on assumptions, etc. I think also the possibility that they believe BG changed his appearance is also a driving factor.

I don't believe the following speculation I've seen here:
  • LE knows who he is: If they did, they would name him. It's been 2 years, it's not like it's Day 2 of the investigation. All other possibilities should have been eliminated by now.
  • He was known to Abby, Libby, or the family. The family wants justice. They would've identified him by now, since I'm positive they have interviewed and re-interviewed everyone with even peripheral connections to Libby and Abby.
  • He catfished, contacted online, or had some electronic interaction with the girls: Again, it's been 2 years. By now they should have gone down every rabbit hole regarding social media and phones
Since I'm not local, I don't have much to add/speculate regarding the location of the vehicle, who/why it might have been there, nor anything useful regarding the additional audio - I think honestly, that's only helpful if you know the person.

I'm ever hopeful that the change in direction will yield new tips - this is such a drastically different sketch, that if it is a more accurate representation of BG/killer, that it will allow someone to put two and two together and turn him in!

Just an FYI.
There is one social media rabbit hole
LE can't go down.
"KIK" the app that has no user accountability and has played crucial role in enabling crimes against youths before.
Unfortunately, Libby had KIK.

I wonder how many of those tips are from locals and not SM detectives?
That's my thinking too.
1000 tips since the press conference. I cannot even begin to fathom where this will take the investigation.
So much to go thru.
And the tips will likely continue to roll in at least for a while.
I wouldn't want to be one of the detectives trying to find a tip of relevance in all of those.
JMO
Chi

You can record video using Snapchat. You just have to physically hold the record button as you're doing it. Even then, you can only do one minute of video at a time.
I think it was said right after it occurred that the video was found made using the video function and it was found on her phone.

Marking my spot.
Underneath all of my postings is a healthy dose of 'righteous rage' for these victims, innocent girls going about an ordinary day with a fun walk planned...... girls who had their whole lives ahead of them !!

How dare he ?

Something very significant happened to make Carter as angry and emotional as he was. Clearly he had seen that sketch well before the last few days, and had seen the video as well. Simply the holding of a press conference wouldn't cause him to be in the state he was. Whatever happened - it's personal to him, beyond his obvious desire to catch this guy. Something affected him deeply and profoundly. He seemed to be horrified, angry, and even incredulous - like he'd been shocked and appalled by some new development. Either someone he knows, or a person in a position of trust to the girls or children...there's a sense of betrayal there.

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says
"Bryant, who did not draw an earlier, widely-disseminated sketch released by police that showed a much-older looking person of interest, told the Star he creates his drawings based off how a witness describes a suspect using a "facial identification reference sheet," which allows people to describe a suspect based on various categories such as a person's head shape, style of eyebrows or type of nose.

"The witness is the main focus," he told the paper. "So there’s no input from law enforcement at all in the generating of a sketch, other than my presence as the artist."
"We believe you are hiding in plain sight," an emotional Carter said, addressing the killer directly during the news conference. "For more than two years you never thought we would shift to a different investigative strategy, but we have."

One thing that’s always struck me as odd was when the first sketch was released July, 2017 going by media reports it appeared a key witness had only came forward months later. I always wondered how accurate a distant memory of a stranger could be but LE seemed to have confidence the sketch resembled the person they were looking for.

So now we learn they had another witness who came forward right away but for reasons unknown at that time LE chose not to release a sketch of a person who looked very different and is much younger.

Interesting to contemplate a scenario involving two or more people who think they may have sighted the perp the day of the murders but who’s recollect is not at all in sync and how LE would go about choosing which witness might be more credible than the other.

I’d hazard to guess if any of us were walking on a trail, met up with a stranger without reason to suspect he was responsible for a horrible crime that had just taken place, then aside from the shock, being asked to remember an accurate description of the suspect right down to nose, ears, cheeks and eyes.....especially if the suspect did not arouse attention, I think our sketches definitely would vary greatly too. Memory can also be influenced by other people whom they saw later that same day also.

I’ve always thought that looks pretty clearly like a handgun in his jacket pocket MOO
Just one more quick reply and then I have to travel.
In cases like this where there is one perp and more than 1 victim, (also that these girls were old enough to sense danger and try to run/defend themselves/each other), the BG had to have a gun or other weapon to get them subdued. If he didn't, one would have escaped.
IF the cod is strangulation, then possibly he was wearing a scarf.
Chi

Something very significant happened to make Carter as angry and emotional as he was. Clearly he had seen that sketch well before the last few days, and had seen the video as well. Simply the holding of a press conference wouldn't cause him to be in the state he was. Whatever happened - it's personal to him, beyond his obvious desire to catch this guy. Something affected him deeply and profoundly. He seemed to be horrified, angry, and even incredulous - like he'd been shocked and appalled by some new development. Either someone he knows, or a person in a position of trust to the girls or children...there's a sense of betrayal there.
Agreed.

Hoping for an arrest SOON.

One thing that’s always struck me as odd was when the first sketch was released In July, 2017 going by media reports it appeared a key witness had only came forward months later. I always wondered how accurate a distant memory of a stranger could be but LE seemed to have confidence the sketch resembled the person they were looking for.

So now we learn they had another witness who came forward right away but for reasons unknown at that time LE chose not to release a sketch of a person who looked very different and is much younger.

Interesting to contemplate a scenario involving two or more people who think they may have sighted the perp the day of the murders but who’s recollect is not at all in sync and how LE would go about choosing which witness might be more credible than the other.

I’d hazard to guess if any of us were walking on a trail, met up with a stranger without reason to suspect he was responsible for a horrible crime that had just taken place, then aside from the shock, being asked to remember an accurate description of the suspect right down to nose, ears, cheeks and eyes. I think our sketches definitely would vary greatly too. Memory can also be influenced by other people whom they saw that same day also.
If there were two witnesses, is it possible the first one saw him before the murders, while he had bunches of clothing on, and the second saw him after the murders, with no hat, no clothing around his face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo