Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also been trying to understand this! It makes no sense.
Could it have been a big rig?
A POI's car was described and photographed in an article where he was implicated in a murder in another state. It's possible LE didn't describe the car left beside the building between 12-5 pm because it looks similar to the POI's car or they know it's the same car.

He had just finished meeting w/the family who by all accounts were visibly unhappy when they left. I’m sure he wants to bring them closure and in the meantime make sure the family believes LE is doing everything possible. If the family was expecting news of an arrest they would have been crushed, and IMO that could explain his PC demeanor.

Hi
Can you point me where the report
of the family leaving PC upset is?
I would like to read it. It seems so unlikely they would miss anything to do with finding the killer.

Please don't actively sleuth civilians. If you think something is worthy of a tip, tell LE. Speculating here can get the thread locked down even if you don't specify names.

Jumping off this post to remind everyone that you need to call or email the police if you think you have a tip or have discovered a person who matches the sketch or sketches. DO NOT post what you think you have found here on the forum.

Take any and all sleuthing of non-POIs to your private conversations and DO NOT mention them here. It is a major TOS violation to sleuth non-POIs on the forum. It's even worse if you are implicating a minor child in your posts. And baiting is against our rules, so DO NOT hint that you have uncovered information that you can't share openly here.

If you think you know something, call the police.

Last edited:
The idea that he would be disguised could make sense - cameras are everywhere these days - even in the woods you aren't necessarily protected. This does not seem like a random crime or crime of opportunity - to overpower 2 teen girls...it seems to me that would take some preparation/planning. Like he would've maybe scoped the area out to see if anyone else was around, to have some means to control 2 people, to get them to comply. It's very possible he disguised himself. And honestly, that new sketch looks like a younger man - and the clothes on BG are NOT the clothes a 20ish man would wear. Those are dad jeans and dad coat/hat.
It all looks like the planned work of a predator to me. Wait at entrance to observe who enters trail. Spot desired type victim. As target crosses point of no return (bridge), and have effectively entered trap, approach and cut off. Move off promptly to pre-determined secluded kill area. Then follow pre-scouted secluded return to vehicle. I'd wager that BG is a predator of the serial kind. I'd bet he's lingered many an afternoon at or in woods near that trail entrance. Not his first rodeo, though he made mistake in this case - leaving phone behind - that should get him arrested. Terribly frustrating, given the existence of both audio and video of BG in the act.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been discussed: please share with me, your opinion as to why LE would be so emotional over old info? Even if it were ALL brand new info, they prepared this PC ahead of time ... I just cannot reconcile a probable reason for his intense emotions. Thank you

Could BG have sent a trophy photo or something to LE or the family to make that cop so emotional/angry.
I agree the emotions were intense and he was protective toward the family.

*Snipped for Focus
I happen to agree with them not knowing BG. I truly believe that Libby knew something wasn't right with this guy, woman's intuition, perhaps...it was certainly divine intervention that she did record....MOO
I think they recognized him, although maybe/maybe not knows him well. I think this person is talked about throughout the community as a weirdo so once she saw him and he possibly said something to them she wanted to catch it on video to show later that yep the weird guy is weird.
Edit to add: Granted prominent men can be weird. He doesn't have to be some bum living under a bridge.

Hi
I would like to read it. It seems so unlikely they would miss anything to do with finding the killer.
I would like to read it to. The behavior of the family could speak volumes here.

I think that this guy caught their attention by his strange behaviour as soon as they got on the trail. He either made a disturbing comment, asked them for money or maybe even made a sexual gesture towards them which they attempted to 'laugh off'.

He followed them at a distance, and once they got on the bridge, Libby started to video him as she went on high alert. I think that at the time, her intent was to later show an adult or someone she trusted the 'creepy' guy that followed them and I don't think she had any inkling right away as to what was about to happen.

Once he got close, I think he made his intentions clear by showing them a weapon and ordered them 'down the hill.'
I think that he controlled both of them by holding a weapon on one of them, brought them down the hill and SA at least one them, killed them, and then left them posed in a very disturbing position before he high-tailed it out of there. I think he did leave DNA behind in the form of a cigarette.

I think that one of the witnesses who spotted him saw him right after the murderers while he was walking down the highway with his duffle bag towards the 'abandoned' vehicle and may have seen him him get in it. They may have a partial video footage of the vehicle but it isn't clear enough to show the colour, make or model...or maybe they have the vehicle (it had been stolen) and they matched the DNA from the scene to DNA in the vehicle and he was spotted walking away from it right after the murders.

Only a local would be familiar enough with the trail and bridge to be able to navigate out of there so quickly.

They will catch him.

JMO

Last edited:
Good point about the hair. when I see the new sketch hair, I see
thick and curly like someone half Hispanic or half African American. Not sure that's what the artist wanted to portray but
the hair doesn't seem like regular straight hair. moo.

It isn't regular straight hair, it's curly caucasian hair. Everyone in my family has extremely thick, curly or wavy hair, and we're 100% German or Irish.

It all looks like the planned work of a predator to me. Wait at entrance to observe who enters trail. Spot desired type victim. As the cross point of no return (bridge), and have effectively entered trap, approach and cut off. Move off promptly to pre-determined secluded kill area. Then follow pre-planned secluded return to vehicle. I'd wager that BG is a serial killer.
I think he was hunting that day, and came across two victims that met his criteria.

Maybe he saw them in the past, or maybe he saw people like them.

His familiarity with the area, and the confidence that law enforcement has that he is from that area, makes the serial killer theory a bit unlikely to me.

I’d expect other previous (similar) killings in that area.

I do think he profiles as a serial killer, but he just hasn’t met the definition yet.

It all looks like the planned work of a predator to me. Wait at entrance to observe who enters trail. Spot desired type victim. As the cross point of no return (bridge), and have effectively entered trap, approach and cut off. Move off promptly to pre-determined secluded kill area. Then follow pre-planned secluded return to vehicle. I'd wager that BG is a predator of the serial kind.

The only thing that gives me pause is that this was a random act - a predator waiting for just anyone to show up - you'd think the fact that there were two of them would've discouraged him. That is a bold and brazen thing to do - subdue/attack/murder 2 teens. My guess is this guy knew who they were, knew they would be there and together and planned accordingly.

My right leg is shorter than my left by appx. 2 inches due to a
crushed femur that didn't heal properly and the leg bone collapsed. when I saw the video, it reminded me of how I walk
but I also suspected the hip on perp could also be involved.
Maybe we have a wounded military veteran or young man injured
in motorcycle accident. I do believe he is disabled somewhat.

It was the first thing I thought too. I will definitely say he has/had an injured right femur and is evidencing a trendelenberg (sp?) gait in the video. It is not just the wonky rail boards.

Hi
This was reported by at least 2 reporters who tweeted it before
the pc started. One said family was 'angry' and other said 'in tears'.

Yes, I think the time-frame they are interested in is between 12:00 and 5:00 pm. Imo
So that would indicate he remained at the park until then. When did Mike Patty stop looking? He must have watched him looking for the girls. Did he join him? Did he search too?
ETA
LE said it was parked there on the 14th between noon and 5. This was the day after the girls were murdered, but the day they were found. What time were they found again?

Last edited:
Reflecting on the press conferences:

We have heard your voice before.

We likely interviewed you.

You made mistakes.

We have a witness

We know where you were parked and for how long.

We know this is you that killed the girls(shows the sketch)

I'm wondering if said witness may have told them that the girls went in a direction that they didn't? Maybe hindering the search for the girls that day?

I'm really beginning to think that someone, witness or somebody they interviewed early on likely threw off the investigation and I believe LE is Laser focused on a specific individual. What all they have to tie that person to the actual crime is my biggest question at this point....MOO

Wasn’t there another lone guy at the bridge that day besides FSG? There was the couple (per FSG), a woman walking her dog, the young girl (possibly with 2 or 3 other friends)? But I remember a lone guy being talked about and he was not the FSG (flannel shirt guy). I always wondered who he was. Anyone else remember this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong