Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the things that I have pondered since yesterday's news conference:
The witness that the officer spoke of:
Could the witness have JUST recently over heard something that linked a person to the crime?
Is it possible that the witness found an article of clothing or a possession of one of the girls that has no reason to be in the "suspects" home or place of business?

Could the witness possibly been on the fence as to whether or not this "suspect" was actually a person of interest since it's possible that the police already interviewed this person in the past?

Perhaps the witness reported what they saw or heard in the last couple of weeks.. and the police went back to the sketches that were made previously, and it all started coming together.

As to the car parked at the abandoned CPS office..
Is it possible that the police know what the "suspect" drives, and mentioned this so that he , from the beginning of the presser would know that they are whittling down their suspects.

By the time they unveil the sketch, they have made so many connections, they knew that the reaction from this individual if he WAS in the room, would be unmistakably shaken?

There was a LOT to see and catch in this conference.
I have more thoughts and questions.. but, for me, this is the starting point ..

All things are JMO.

Edited by me

Last edited:
Here’s my take on the new image:

Toss the hat, add full head of hair, lose the scruff, make him younger and the features look the same to me. (Albeit: the chin)

the peak of the brows are similar
both *sets of* eyes are “hooded”. The only area of the lids where the crease is visible is the nasal canthus area.
the nose is nearly identical, nostrils are visible and aren’t particularly flared.
The mouth looks quite similar.

Eta: *

Attachments

• 09DCB7DA-74CD-4E16-8E07-6609E32B052D.jpeg
    09DCB7DA-74CD-4E16-8E07-6609E32B052D.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
So the building was abandoned....not the car. The car was parked in the parking lot for several hours. Someone retrieved it and drove away. Police want to speak with that person.

I believe he stated the vehicle was also abandon, so I think they must have it. He stated it was abandon not far away on the opposite side of the road. Also, he never used the word "car" , only vehicle. Think it means anything??

Have any of you studied profiling?
I have not but am curious to know what aspects of a crime would indicate the suspect is likely to insert themself into an investigation and attend a press conference.
Also, that the suspect likely told someone.

I think i can understand why power and religion Play a role here but not the other things i mentioned.

If it is true that the family left "in tears", one thing that could leave them that way is to learn that LE has bupkis more than they did 2 years ago. IMO
Could be. The more I think about the PC, the more it seems like amateur hour. Releasing a two-year old sketch? Really? If they thought it had value, they'd have released it long ago. The audio and video added next to nothing. And I'm sure all the bluster ("We're not gonna quit 'til we catch you") has BG shaking in his boots. Yeah, if I'm the family, I'm beginning to lose hope.

This is quite confusing. So LE is using the new (old) sketch with no facial hair and the video WITH facial hair. ???? This second sketch was drawn 3 days after the abduction.

I don't understand why both were not released and just said to be persons of interest seen/described by different witnesses in the area at the time of the murders.

Sorry, I’m confused, who climbed up the riverbank?

And do you have a link about Libby’s phone pinging? How was it pinging all over town but found with or near her body?
A lot of us have been following this case since the girls were just missing... it’s hard for us to go back and get a link for things we remember from 2 years ago. Your best bet is to go to the beginning of the thread and click on the media, maps and timelines!!! So much useful info there!

"Also, I don't think it's fair to call the search site abandoned. Everyone involved was out well past dark, and in wooded areas far from light and near a river, I am quite certain the decision to call off the search for the night was made for safety reasons."

Get some flashlights. I would have. I can't imagine their thinking. Which was, as published, they believed the girls were missing by choice. And they stopped searching because it was......dark. Yes, it's dark at night. But that's what flashlights are for. If it were my child, I would have sued for abandoning the search. They would have settled too.

People did have flashlights out that night. And there were lots of them out. While the official search was called off for safety reasons, that doesn't mean that people stopped searching. It doesn't even mean that all law enforcement went home.

And do you have a link about Libby’s phone pinging? How was it pinging all over town but found with or near her body?
The girls are believed to cross the river. The embankment is steep.

See photo 5 of 7. UPDATED: Foul play suspected after bodies found along Deer Creek in Delphi; vigil held

I’m looking for a link to Mike Patty’s statement. He was also interviewed on the news and said it. It was discussed at length here.

It came across to me that it was in reference to the book and movie, but everyone infers and interpret things from their own experiences. Could definitely see where an old, maybe abandoned building or shed could be taken as what he he was referring to. Also, someone on the previous thread mentioned that some restaurants are "shacks" and the resonated with me!
So didn't the movie get released after the murders? If there is a connection then it would be the book was read by the suspect? Is that book something that would be read in school/class or a church group or a recomended reading by a counselor perhaps?

I don’t think anyone thought they ran away, it was more like, maybe they had gone deeper into the woods and lost their way back... or maybe they left and went to a friends house and didn’t call or text to family members they had left and went somewhere else for the day... more along those lines is what people were thinking !

ETA from my memory, I’m not sure everyone was thinking that, but I can remember more of them getting lost and couldn’t find their way back was what they were worried about. Like the girls being cold... no one was fearing them dead at the point the search was called off, also added article from when the girls were still missing. Talks about at the end how they didn’t believe the girls were in danger

Authorities, family continue searching for missing Carroll County teens

Those bizarre comments about cold and teens being teens etc. came from a small town policeman tasked to be information officer. I think he was trying to downplay the possible tragic outcome, as if talking to a family, hoping for the best.
The searchers themselves had very grim outlook
by late night, Abby Williams mother was in suppressed hysterics.
One searchers was asked how long he was going to stay out searching that night - he said "Till I drop."

At the end of the press conference, the officer minimized the video and closed window. The officer's desktop was then revealed, and there were lots of files on the desktop.

A part of me wonders if LE may have intentionally placed something on that desktop as a message to the killer.

Can anyone make out the names of the files? I saw a pic of a red truck. What can you see?

Maybe the "leave the family alone for two weeks" is to see who doesn't leave the family alone for two weeks. Like someone all wound up now wouldn't be able to control themselves from trying to find out info from them despite the request?
Hi guys, new here although I’ve been reading here for ages. I think the above idea is really interesting. Another idea I’m wondering about, what if keeping the family out of the media is about denying BG access to them? They’ve said that he likes the feeling of power and he likes to watch. Maybe refusing to allow him to be able see the familys’ grief play out in the media again will prompt him to make a mistake? Just a thought..

Here’s my take on the new image:

Toss the hat, add full head of hair, lose the scruff, make him younger and the features look the same to me. (Albeit: the chin)

the peak of the brows are similar
both eyes are “hooded”. The only area of the lids where the crease is visible is the nasal canthus area.
the nose is nearly identical, nostrils are visible and aren’t particularly flared.
The mouth looks quite similar.
I agree that the similarities exist.. except the difference in the jawline. Old sketch is squared ( but I always hypothesized this was due to BG looking down at the tracks and the scrunching of the face could cause his neck and chin to look exaggerated) new sketch shows someone with a pointed , elongated chin.

Libby's grandfather was the one who said it was "pinging all over town".
"Missing, abducted, we don't know for sure,” said Patty.” The cellphone has been pinging around town

Community continues to search for missing teens in Carroll County

The Pattys have also addressed the issue of the search being called off the night before. That information is also out there and available to find.

Im sure they had a profiler come in early on in the investigation. Possibly they had another one done from a very talented profiler. Possibly they have a new witness that came forward and they showed all the sketches to this person and they id'ed the suspect as being the sketch we saw most recent.<modsnipped discussion or posting about psychics is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the similarities exist.. except the difference in the jawline. Old sketch is squared ( but I always hypothesized this was due to BG looking down at the tracks and the scrunching of the face could cause his neck and chin to look exaggerated) new sketch shows someone with a pointed , elongated chin.
Yes, this! ITA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member