Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the audio over and over again..I wonder if it was someone they knew. He has the tone of voice that people familiar to me had when I was a kid and was not listening to what I was told to do. He kind of sounds aggravated at them. To me, the "guys" sounds like he was familiar with them....but I am just guessing and hoping they catch this guy. MOO.
The only reason i think no is that if they felt in danger im assuming they would have made sure to say his name on the recording.

JMO
I agree they should have released much more a lot sooner. I still think they should just release the entire audio and whatever video they have. Release the whole darn thing and just block or black out any parts that are not helpful like maybe the girls screaming in background or something.

The antiquated strategy of keeping things close to the vest only helps to protect the perps. There are ways to release more to the public without jeopardizing anything case related. Let the public help and by golly give the public what they need to be able to help.

And its way too late to be asking the public if they remember who was parked in a certain place years ago. That is a perfect example of them waiting way too long to release something. If they wanted the public's help in figuring out who was parked in a certain place then they should have asked that question within days of when they went missing. To ask now is just insulting to the public and demonstrates their poor handling of the case IMO.

Unless some public person has a photographic and genius memory they are way too late to ask the public that question.

Im deeply disappointed with the press conference and I dont think the movie "Shack" had anything to do with the case other than the officer is projecting his own emotions and reaction from the movie into this case.

I also think the officer is totally wrong to think the perp is going to all of a sudden feel sorry for what he did and give himself up. That is not gonna happen. The only way this perp is going to be caught is if LE figures out who did it and arrest the perp.

Anybody that can kill two young girls has already lost their conciounce a long time ago.
Could not agree more.
Imo he's likely excited now and may react by killing again.
Jmo
Chi

Last edited:
I am just going to drop these here, with no commentary, as I've been obsessed with them most of the day.
He’s so pissed he can barely keep himself composed. The way he put his hand on his head suggests he just can’t believe who he thinks BG is. Moo. Who would be the absolute most unbelievable perp???

I've been out all day so this might have been discussed already....

I noticed Carter called the girls "two little girls" rather than by their names. I wonder if that was also a statement to the killer - could the killer be a father, step-father, brother of young girls himself? Or someone who the community trusts with young kids in particular?

jmo
I noticed that too, and also made another similar reference. It's difficult to not read into things, but I thought maybe those particular statements were chosen to illicit a response of shame. They seemed to want to reinforce feelings of shame, and point out that he was a coward. MOO

One more thing.
Super speculative.
Did the family recognize the sketch, and could they have been alerted that "so and so" had been seen inside the press conference?
It would be so much for anyone to take in.
To know that the person that is potentially responsible for the death of your child and BFF may finally have been revealed.. that this person is known to you ( I mean gawd.. what if this individual has been inside their homes.. hugging them.. praying for and with them.. and pretending to be outraged) AND that said person is likely inside of the building??
I would be a mess, if it were me.
I would be going through rage, denial, disbelief and pure despair.
Then to know ..that what for whatever reason , an arrest was not going to be made then and there?
I would have been a basket case.
I hope the family knows how much we all care and hope and pray this all ends soon.
My heart goes out to them , to the police and to the community.

Of course all JMO

What do we know about the suspects color of eyes?

I don’t post here often but I read here daily and have followed this case from the start.

A couple of things stood out to me and the first one was obviously how emotional he was and the gestures of grief and horror he made when talking about the crime scene.

Then Doug Carter stumbled slightly over the line ‘Directly to the killer...’ and all of a sudden my husband (who wasn’t watching but was in earshot) piped up and said whoever was talking just read a stage direction by accident.

It was so spot on, in context with what I was seeing from the actions and gestures that I’m certain that every pause, gesture, break in his voice and everything else was scripted and directed by someone like the FBI to trigger guilt or shame or something in BG. Surely you would say ‘directly to the killer’ but just ‘to the killer’ unless it is a stage direction of sorts. It sounds weird.

The constant references to religion, shame, guilt and the afterlife for Libby and Abby fits too. I’m certain it was from profiling and they know a lot more about the likely killer and his beliefs than I ever did before. I have to wonder if there was maybe something significant about the crime scene that told them he was religious like some sort of religious ritualistic feature or something. Not to mention, it was Easter and the Friday is about crucifixion and the Sunday is about resurrection and eternal life... in line with the comments about the girls not being how they were left in the woods now but at peace, it seems significant somehow. Alternatively, they could just have an actual suspect in mind who fits in with the profile of religious belief.

The other interesting thing that stood out was him saying: ‘You didn’t think we would ever go in a different investigative direction, but we have’ which seems a really odd thing to say and the pause that followed was clearly there to give it gravity.

I can’t imagine (never having been a potential serial killer myself) that they ponder the unlikelihood of state police’s ‘investigative direction’ changing. It seems an oddly specific thing to say. Surely they think police will investigate whichever strategic direction they please! Maybe they do have a specific suspect?

Great thoughts! You should post more often.

Yesterday i looked thru what i could see of the press conference attendees. There was a man standing in the direction I think the officer was scowling at. Hard to say for sure.
Crazily and irrationally I seem to see something of bg in every young looking man that has a full head of dark hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998