Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

Here is the old sketch
attachment.php

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

THREAD #84
THREAD #85
THREAD #86
THREAD #88
THREAD #89

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread
Rules Etiquette & Information
Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time. Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

I've been out all day so this might have been discussed already....

I noticed Carter called the girls "two little girls" rather than by their names. I wonder if that was also a statement to the killer - could the killer be a father, step-father, brother of young girls himself? Or someone who the community trusts with young kids in particular?

jmo
I noticed that too, and also made another similar reference. It's difficult to not read into things, but I thought maybe those particular statements were chosen to illicit a response of shame. They seemed to want to reinforce feelings of shame, and point out that he was a coward. MOO
Have any of you studied profiling?
I have not but am curious to know what aspects of a crime would indicate the suspect is likely to insert themself into an investigation and attend a press conference.
Also, that the suspect likely told someone.

I think i can understand why power and religion Play a role here but not the other things i mentioned.
I have not studied profiling, however I believe that a suspect might feel a pull to attend press conferences, fundraiser events, or get close to investigators because they feel a sense of superiority or power. It may give them a sense of power, knowing that they are looking in all the wrong places, and he is right there. Also, he may simply may want to reassure himself that he won't be caught. MOO

Last edited:
He’s so pissed he can barely keep himself composed. The way he put his hand on his head suggests he just can’t believe who he thinks BG is. Moo. Who would be the absolute most unbelievable perp???
I know! I think I am going to try and do a silent transcript (I know that's not a thing) where I just note my take on his emotions at timestamps, and then merge it into the actual transcript. He ran through a wide range of emotions. That's for sure.

I dont know a name of who would be the most unbelievable perp, and wouldnt put it here if I did, but I would think someone they never considered due to being in a position of trust.

Yesterday i looked thru what i could see of the press conference attendees. There was a man standing in the direction I think the officer was scowling at. Hard to say for sure.
Crazily and irrationally I seem to see something of bg in every young looking man that has a full head of dark hair.
I’m looking at those pics too, and I see everyone, and no one. But I Think carter saw a certain someone.

I hope and pray Carter was staring the perp down.
I tend to think after letting the girls' families know a few mins before exactly what LE has, they became upset.
It's entirely possible Carter became very emotionally upset. I can't blame him one bit.
What a sad situation.
Reading from a script and praying the perp would flinch.
Jmo
Chi

I watched the PC yesterday and have not re-watched it again because I want to retain my first and original impression of everything I saw. I was struck hard by how emotional the lead investigator was and very easy to see how this has affected him and will the rest of his life. The horror of what happened to those precious girls and how they were found will never leave him.

I sensed anger and conviction in his voice; I believe they are VERY close to making an arrest soon. They need one final witness, clue, piece, or someone to back off of an alibi they provided for someone, IMO. I think LE's hands are tied right now. If what he eluded to yesterday (that it is someone known to the Delphi area), how frustrating for LE to not be able to do their jobs and arrest the person already. What stuck out to me, and I am paraphrasing here, is when he said "We may have talked to that suspect already" and "That person may even be right in this room". IMO, he looked angry and seemed to look directly at someone. Even if it wasn't the actual suspect, could it have been the alibi or relative of the person who is suspect?

I think it is just a short matter of time, and we will have our answer.

It could be possible that they have found new evidence in a previously searched "shack" or a new one they have just come upon. The location could be so remote that only a true local would know. The absolute lack of info on a car parked between 12-5 tells me the car was seen by a witness at 12 and not seen after 5. Perhaps searchers parked there at 5 or pictures were taken at 5. The new sketch could be from a witness sighting around 12 seeing both the sketch and the car. If he was in disguise I don't think he arrived that way.

Listening to the audio over and over again..I wonder if it was someone they knew. He has the tone of voice that people familiar to me had when I was a kid and was not listening to what I was told to do. He kind of sounds aggravated at them. To me, the "guys" sounds like he was familiar with them....but I am just guessing and hoping they catch this guy. MOO.

I agree with this assessment of tone getting aggravated. In fact, I could have SWORN that during the initial press conference Q and A from 2017 one of the police (I believe it was Sargent Dave Bursten) made a reference to the aggravated or impatient tone. However, I have spent time trying to find video of it, and I can’t find a link. My memory was it was during one of the initial press briefings after audio was released, but during a Q&A. A year or more ago I rewatched the most likely press conference with questions & I didn’t see that part. It may have been on another smaller news briefing. If anyone can find that link, I would appreciate seeing it.

Holy crap. He does look like he's staring down someone on his right. Let's say that he's NOT staring down someone. Wouldn't the folks sitting in the area where he's looking feel a little freaked out that he's glaring at them as he speaks? I could see myself coming forward afterward and saying something to clear the air.

He may have been looking at the prompt monitor? You think?

In the very beginning, LE said the community was not in danger
I’m not sure what I am still making of that, given yesterday
Was it personal? Targeted?

And then Sheriff Leazenby said, in that strange Facebook interview a few months ago, that this was "specific to Abby and Libby."

Why would these innocent girls be targeted? :(

Thanks, will check that out, I just started following the case with the updates yesterday.

You def have a lot to catch up on but we will help out as much as we can!!! It’s hard when some of us bring up really old info and we assume everyone here knows what the heck we are posting about ! For instance if you run across a puppy reference, it’s usually most of us being super sarcastic and going back to the good old days when certain people thought BG was carrying around a puppy... the ideas and brainstorming 2 years ago was pretty out of this world!!! Lol we all just wanted answers for Abby and Libby and it would drive a sane person insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member