CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

Hello Burma and welcome. I live in Coronado and many of us were appalled and embarrassed the way SDSO handled the case. Not sure if you know the answer, but I've always wondered what happened to the folks that were renting from JS (the bungalow behind the main house). Is the rumor true that they left unexpectedly and in a hurry? Any ideas on why? Did the SDSO talk with them? Thank you so much for engaging with us!

Hello Burma and welcome. I live in Coronado and many of us were appalled and embarrassed the way SDSO handled the case. Not sure if you know the answer, but I've always wondered what happened to the folks that were renting from JS (the bungalow behind the main house). Is the rumor true that they left unexpectedly and in a hurry? Any ideas on why? Did the SDSO talk with them? Thank you so much for engaging with us!
I don't know who they were and never met them, I was told they were gone for the summer. After Rebecca was murdered really never followed up to finding them.

The SDSD were unprofessional and at times offensive towards us, to this day I don't know why. When we were there in SD to bring Rebecca home they yelled at us about not being able to give us details about her death, One of the investigators kept saying over and over again that IT passed the polygraph test in flying colors and in record time. We actually believed that IT had passed the polygraph why would we not think IT did not pass.
Then later the SDSD publicly say IT passed the polygraph (if someone here has that article could you send it to me?) So we still believed IT passed the polygraph, I mean the SDSD would not lie to us right?
Then we get a copy of the official report that says it was inconclusive. Now our question was why would the SDSD give us false information and lead us away from IT being a suspect.

The SDSD were unprofessional and at times offensive towards us, to this day I don't know why. When we were there in SD to bring Rebecca home they yelled at us about not being able to give us details about her death, One of the investigators kept saying over and over again that IT passed the polygraph test in flying colors and in record time. We actually believed that IT had passed the polygraph why would we not think IT did not pass.
Then later the SDSD publicly say IT passed the polygraph (if someone here has that article could you send it to me?) So we still believed IT passed the polygraph, I mean the SDSD would not lie to us right?
Then we get a copy of the official report that says it was inconclusive. Now our question was why would the SDSD give us false information and lead us away from IT being a suspect.
The Sept 2nd 2011 press conference is on yt

Then there's this dated Sept 22nd 2011, but I don't know if it's accurate reporting

Law enforcement officials stated at the press conference that Adam Shacknai had passed the polygraph test.

Adam Shacknai Polygrapher Recommended Another Lie Detector Test | Radar Online

@Burma Sorry I don't have anything to add, but I just want to thank you again for being here. You and your wife should be proud of all you've accomplished. I hope you're comforted by knowing RZ would be proud of your fight. You have supporters from across the globe that have always wanted justice for her. Xoxo
JMO, MOO, etc

I don't know who they were and never met them, I was told they were gone for the summer. After Rebecca was murdered really never followed up to finding them.

Thank you for responding. Rumor around town was that they were there during the accident and then left quickly thereafter. I'm really not sure of the timing but I always thought that their leaving seemed abrupt and maybe worth looking into. Just add it to the list I guess.

Thank you for responding. Rumor around town was that they were there during the accident and then left quickly thereafter. I'm really not sure of the timing but I always thought that their leaving seemed abrupt and maybe worth looking into. Just add it to the list I guess.
I know they were gone in April when we were there for about 7 days. I think they came back then left again for the summer. Either way they were not on the property when Rebecca was murdered.

Now while we were still in SD in July of 2011 we were told by investigators that they would look for ambien in Rebecca's system. This was because she was offered an ambien but declined to take one. In the end they never tested Rebecca's blood for ambien. They did a drug panel on her blood but ambien was not included in that panel. So she was never tested for being drugged. I know many of you here believed she was tested for drugs and came back negative. However never tested for ambien.

Last edited:
Now while we were still in SD in July of 2011 we were told by investigators that they would look for ambien in Rebecca's system. This was because she was offered an ambien but declined to take one. In the end they never tested Rebecca's blood for ambien. They did a drug panel on her blood but ambien was not included in that panel. So she was never tested for being drugged. I know many of you here believed she was tested for drugs and came back negative. However never tested for ambien.
This is interesting. If I remember correctly, Adam admitted taking Ambien the night Rebecca was killed. Can you say, if you know, if it was Adam who offered the Ambien to Rebecca?

Ambien is known to have some pretty strange side effects, but I don't think suicide is one of them. Shoutout @KZ or anyone else with knowledge and/or experience with Ambien! What does it do? What is it like? Would it have knocked Rebecca out? Could it have been given to her without her knowledge, like GHB? Thanks in advance!

Burma, welcome to Websleuths! You are among friends here. I live in San Diego, and think of your Rebecca as a friend I hadn't met yet. She was lovely and kind, and the world is less without her in it. I am so sorry for your loss. Please tell Mary that her love for Rebecca shines so brightly, we can see it all the way here in California! I so admire her courage and her determination to find the truth and make it known, despite SDSO's terrible mistakes and unforgivable, unconscionable rudeness, and the Shacknai lawyers twisty tricks, and for so long. Mary, you rock! You are doing a great job for Rebecca! God bless you, Burma, for helping her win through.

Thanks for your willingness to tell us about Rebecca's murder investigation. I hope you will tell us more about Rebecca, as well.

Coastal, Thank you for your kind. We too miss Rebecca and her outward caring personality. Actually 9 years ago today she signed our marriage certificate, as a witness.
Yes it took ambien before killing Rebecca.
I don't believe SDSD made any mistakes, I believe it was done on purpose. I will always believe this until there is evidence that shows how stupid they are. There is no way anyone can examine this crime scene and not say it's a homicide. There is overwhelming evidence of murder, they worked the evidence to their suicide fictional theory. Even on Dec 7th press conference was still a sham and full of deception.

I'm an ambian pro :) It affects me differently depending on my mood. Sometimes it does nothing, sometimes i amazon shop in the middle of the night, sometimes it knocks me out for a few hours only, sometimes i have very vivid dreams. I have a friend that can NOT take it. She doesn't remember the entire night. Would get up and cook, eat, do all sorts of things and never know. She has stopped taking it altogether. And i dont' care what they say, the generics act differently. The ACTUAL ambien is MUCH stronger than generics, although years ago there was one that was good, qualcom. Its not longer made.

I'm an ambian pro :) It affects me differently depending on my mood. Sometimes it does nothing, sometimes i amazon shop in the middle of the night, sometimes it knocks me out for a few hours only, sometimes i have very vivid dreams. I have a friend that can NOT take it. She doesn't remember the entire night. Would get up and cook, eat, do all sorts of things and never know. She has stopped taking it altogether. And i dont' care what they say, the generics act differently. The ACTUAL ambien is MUCH stronger than generics, although years ago there was one that was good, qualcom. Its not longer made.
The effects of ambien are some what different for everyone. SDSD failed to properly test Rebecca's blood for ambien to see if it was active in her system. In any other death investigation they would of tested for it. Especially when the suspect said he offered it to her. Why not Rebecca's death?

I cannot locate a thread other than this one so I'm posting it here.. is there another thread to post this and that is better than this one? As so many others have closed and are locked now.

Will Oxygen Find New Evidence in the Rebecca Zahau Death?

The death of Rebecca Zahau is returning to the spotlight thanks to Oxygen. The network is launching Death at the Mansion: Rebecca Zahau, a new limited series

See what happens when Death at the Mansion: Rebecca Zahau premieres Saturday, June 1 at 6 p.m. on Oxygen

... more at link as to who will be interviewed for the show excetera

I cannot locate a thread other than this one so I'm posting it here.. is there another thread to post this and that is better than this one? As so many others have closed and are locked now.

Will Oxygen Find New Evidence in the Rebecca Zahau Death?

The death of Rebecca Zahau is returning to the spotlight thanks to Oxygen. The network is launching Death at the Mansion: Rebecca Zahau, a new limited series

See what happens when Death at the Mansion: Rebecca Zahau premieres Saturday, June 1 at 6 p.m. on Oxygen

... more at link as to who will be interviewed for the show excetera
Thanks, dixiegirl1035!
Thanks, Burma!

I know it seems a long time away for DiscoveryID and Oxygen to air. Lets all remember that the SDSD has created this mess. They allowed a murderer to be set free in the city of Memphis. The SDSD failed to conduct a proper investigation on purpose. The issue is the SDSD at the leadership of Gore.
Gore has allowed all this to happen, he is the one who is there to fight for the rights of the ones who can not fight for themselves. Gore is the one who is to insure justice is served, Gore chose to run for sheriff and only wanted the title not the responsibly. Gore is a disgrace to law enforcement.
There is a recent article where is disagrees with the ME about the cause of death. Gore was the one who delayed the case in the public eye for over a year. During an election year, Gore has failed the citizens of San Diego County.

Sheriff objects to in-custody homicide finding

On behalf of everyone at Websleuths Burma welcome to our site. You, your wife and Rebecca's family's dedication to justice for Rebecca is commendable. Our great sleuths are here to help any way they can. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you as well.
Take Care,
Tricia

I know it seems a long time away for DiscoveryID and Oxygen to air. Lets all remember that the SDSD has created this mess. They allowed a murderer to be set free in the city of Memphis. The SDSD failed to conduct a proper investigation on purpose. The issue is the SDSD at the leadership of Gore.
Gore has allowed all this to happen, he is the one who is there to fight for the rights of the ones who can not fight for themselves. Gore is the one who is to insure justice is served, Gore chose to run for sheriff and only wanted the title not the responsibly. Gore is a disgrace to law enforcement.
There is a recent article where is disagrees with the ME about the cause of death. Gore was the one who delayed the case in the public eye for over a year. During an election year, Gore has failed the citizens of San Diego County.

Sheriff objects to in-custody homicide finding

I recall the Discovery ID episode which aired May 2018 with hosts Derrick and Kris. Is there a new Discovery program planned? TIA.

Looking forward to the Oxygen series.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back