CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one of the major problems that I have, do you not think that's completely outrageous? This is her biological mother not some distant great aunt, keeping her in the dark is completely unacceptable.

Maybe it's not feasible to change the people investigating but surely you must agree there should be an investigation into this complaint? Law enforcement can only operate properly with the trust of the population that it serves, having a way to make complaints about LE is part of maintaining that trust. No complaint should just be dismissed by basically saying "you're just an hysterical mother, do one."

If there's no basis to her complaint then it can be dismissed pretty quickly when it's looked into.
It’s typical for LE to keep details about the investigation from family members. Not only are they concerned about leaks they don’t want families to go vigilante and seek their own justice.

It may be hard to believe family members would “leak” information. Most probably don’t mean to but it’s natural that in their distressed state they’ll share info w/a close friend and confidant. That person may tell a spouse/close friend and eventually it gets out. Or the family member is told someone they know is under suspicion and begin acting differently towards them.

IMO When it comes to active investigations LE is making the right call withholding all but the most general updates to family. As hard as it is for the family to not know, it’s the best path to eventual capture and successful conviction.

That is one of the major problems that I have, do you not think that's completely outrageous? This is her biological mother not some distant great aunt, keeping her in the dark is completely unacceptable.

Maybe it's not feasible to change the people investigating but surely you must agree there should be an investigation into this complaint? Law enforcement can only operate properly with the trust of the population that it serves, having a way to make complaints about LE is part of maintaining that trust. No complaint should just be dismissed by basically saying "you're just an hysterical mother, do one."

If there's no basis to her complaint then it can be dismissed pretty quickly when it's looked into.

How many cases have we seen here where bio moms were involved with the killings of their children? or their b boyfriends were and Mom covered it up?

Everone is a suspect at the start, and the investigators cannot share every thing wjth the the families. They dont know who is involved or who might be trying to cover for a boyfriend or father/brother, etc.

I see a group of officers and investigators that tried really hard to find this missing girl. They didn't seem to be slacking off at all.

I think calling for an investigation now would be a seriously inefficient use of resources, where resources aren already stretched ti the max. JMO

I don't know. She seems more geniune than the other ones and I think she does feel a lot of grief but I think that was somewhat contrived.

But yeah. She's not involved. Nothing ties her to the disappearance, she was over a hundred miles away in another state and it wouldn't be logical for her to be involved.
IMO you make an important point: No matter how emotional or histrionic any of the parents are, it's clear that the bio mom has nothing to do with Karlie's disappearance.

It's the changing stories of the SM and bio dad that is garnering the attention of people; there is no reason to do so and neither have given a plausible reason as to why they do it.

So what exactly do they expect to be the public's reaction? They whine about being painted in a bad light online yet they do nothing to explain their motivation for their actions. I see nothing in their behavior that helps to find Karlie, all I see is SM's huffing, puffing, water-drinking videos that mean zip. And Zac seems to be less than useful in keeping Karlie's name front and center. Like I said earlier, the best thing any of the parents could do is chuck their egos and bring the light back to shine on Karlie.

We care not for anything else. MOO.

Karlie will turn 17 on May 13th. She has already missed spending time with her family, and friends, over the various Holidays. It would be really nice if we could catch just a glimmer of the timeline that LE has created. Maybe that could clear up the clutter that seems to pervade HER story. JMO

Karlie will turn 17 on May 13th. She has already missed spending time with her family, and friends, over the various Holidays. It would be really nice if we could catch just a glimmer of the timeline that LE has created. Maybe that could clear up the clutter that seems to pervade HER story. JMO

Agreed. She'd never willingly leave her boyfriend, imo. Any time LE would like to make an arrest or two.

It’s typical for LE to keep details about the investigation from family members. Not only are they concerned about leaks they don’t want families to go vigilante and seek their own justice.

It may be hard to believe family members would “leak” information. Most probably don’t mean to but it’s natural that in their distressed state they’ll share info w/a close friend and confidant. That person may tell a spouse/close friend and eventually it gets out. Or the family member is told someone they know is under suspicion and begin acting differently towards them.

IMO When it comes to active investigations LE is making the right call withholding all but the most general updates to family. As hard as it is for the family to not know, it’s the best path to eventual capture and successful conviction.

I completely agree. IMO LE knows more and is keeping a tight seal on it. This reminds me of the Laura Wallen murder. LE already had a hunch it was the fiancé and they kept it tight lipped. Just MHO

Karlie Lane Gusé has now been missing for six months. Karlie was last seen on the early morning of Saturday, October 13, 2018, walking from her home in Chalfant, California, on White Mountain Estates Road toward Highway 6. Karlie is a white female, 16 years old, 5’ 07”, 110 pounds, dark blond hair and blue eyes.

This remains an active Missing Person investigation. We have an investigator dedicated to this investigation, and we are continually working the case and following up on leads. The FBI has partnered with us throughout the investigation, and we continue to rely on their expertise.

Mono County Sheriff's Office
Heartbreaking that in 6 months, there's no additional news since the reported events of April 13, 2018. And logically, the last persons to see KG will always be the focus until LE provides an alternate. Where are you Karlie? :(

BBM
Circumstances of Disappearance

"Karlie Guse is a 16-year old missing juvenile, who was last seen in the early morning of Saturday, October 13, 2018, in White Mountain Estates in Chalfant, California. Karlie was last seen walking east of Highway 6 by the White Mountain Estates. Karlie may be disoriented and does not have any personal belongings or her cell phone with her. Karlie was last seen wearing white shirt and grey sweatpants"

BBM
Circumstances of Disappearance

"Karlie Guse is a 16-year old missing juvenile, who was last seen in the early morning of Saturday, October 13, 2018, in White Mountain Estates in Chalfant, California. Karlie was last seen walking east of Highway 6 by the White Mountain Estates. Karlie may be disoriented and does not have any personal belongings or her cell phone with her. Karlie was last seen wearing white shirt and grey sweatpants"

sure... smh

My suspicions are still the exact same as they were from the beginning. Yes, I know it’s totally possible that Karlie wandered off into the desert or was picked up along the highway. I acknowledge that. However, I still have my firm suspicions of SM & BD. If SM in particular hadn’t acted so off...changing clothing descriptions, details, etc...I wouldn’t feel so strongly about her being involved. I have no idea what happened, but that remains my #1 theory and I’m FAR from being the only person who thinks this. I keep hoping to see something one way or the other, so I keep checking the thread. Let’s hope Karlie is found soon. jmo

My suspicions are still the exact same as they were from the beginning. Yes, I know it’s totally possible that Karlie wandered off into the desert or was picked up along the highway. I acknowledge that. However, I still have my firm suspicions of SM & BD. If SM in particular hadn’t acted so off...changing clothing descriptions, details, etc...I wouldn’t feel so strongly about her being involved. I have no idea what happened, but that remains my #1 theory and I’m FAR from being the only person who thinks this. I keep hoping to see something one way or the other, so I keep checking the thread. Let’s hope Karlie is found soon. jmo

ITA! Where are all the rallies? Where are all the reminders to the public about this missing young woman? IMO the DP show was all about them. Very little about keeping KLG in the public eye. The longer this goes on, the more your #1 Theory makes the most sense.

PS. It would be wonderful if someone could get their hands on those audio tapes. Alas, that will likely never happen.

ITA! Where are all the rallies? Where are all the reminders to the public about this missing young woman? IMO the DP show was all about them. Very little about keeping KLG in the public eye. The longer this goes on, the more your #1 Theory makes the most sense.

PS. It would be wonderful if someone could get their hands on those audio tapes. Alas, that will likely never happen.

Mono Sheriff tip line ringing after Karlie Guse's disappearance featured on Dr. Phil Show
This!!! I could not agree more. DP was a total letdown to me. IMO it hurt the case somewhat when DP gave his opinion at the end of the show suggesting that the trafficking theory was very plausible. However, it did bring in more tips but as stated here, mostly theories being called in....I’m with your theory #1. MOO

Mono Sheriff tip line ringing after Karlie Guse's disappearance featured on Dr. Phil Show
This!!! I could not agree more. DP was a total letdown to me. IMO it hurt the case somewhat when DP gave his opinion at the end of the show suggesting that the trafficking theory was very plausible. However, it did bring in more tips but as stated here, mostly theories being called in....I’m with your theory #1. MOO
I value DP opinion. Many on this thread want to believe that the dad & step mom had something to do with her disappearing & that's okay. However, there has been no evidence of their involvement.

Are you suggesting LE hasn't heard the audio tapes. If they have, who's the someone your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong