Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also see an adult with brown straight hair and bangs...but...how does that explain the tight curly ringlets in the new sketch?!

The first time I saw this new sketch, my eyes were immediately drawn to the sides of the face where the hairline begins. To me, that looked odd, it is not a smooth transition as one would expect.

Looking at it today, it looks even more noticeable. Have you noticed it? Could this person be wearing a wig?

If a man resembling this sketch was in the room where the press conference was held, don’t you think he would have been recognized or spotted after the sketch was unveiled?

What possible reason is there for releasing so little video when there had to be more?
The phone was submerged in water, they cut the video off to not be rude, there was a server error etc.

What possible reason is there for releasing so little video when there had to be more?

Yeah, I wondered too. At the end, it looks like he's reaching for something at his waist (weapon?), so they probably can't show anything after that. As for the beginning, it's possible she didn't start recording until just before he did that.

I think a family member has provided BG with a 'solid' alibi.

but deep down they have an inkling they have been ignoring.

I think as a result of this alibi the murderer has slipped under the police radar.

I believe the appeal was to the family member. When the police chief was addressing the killer he said 'we have likely interviewed you, or someone close to you'. This really makes me think of a parent being spoken to about the whereabouts of their son. Although obviously there are many different family relationships it could refer to.

I think the alibi provider is in denial.

RSBM.

I totally agree.

I don’t know how to search twitter but I know HLN tweeted it sometime during the PC. I think it was after the unveiling of the new sketch but I can’t say that without a doubt.
I tried to find it on HLN’s twitter feed and then the feed of the female reporter that covered it for them and can’t find it. I definitely saw it on yesterday’s thread though. Look for times right before noon.

I think that was partially the reason for some of the language that was used.

Basically saying that this guy is a cowardly monster who horrifically killed two little girls.

They’re appealing to the conscience of someone who may be protecting him, or someone who has suspicions regarding someone’s involvement.

Speaking for myself, I’d turn in a family member in a heartbeat.
Just my opinion, but nobody thinks their family member could have done something like that. No one i

The police have stated that he walks weird on the bridge because it is rotting wood with holes and gaps. He is just watching his step. There is no handicap or anything identifiable in his walk.
I heard that , too. But he is not a clinician. I encounter LE all the time at work. They make judgements but lack clinical expertise. I take what they say with a grain of salt.

I'm thinking someone who works at the school or a fellow student. The new picture looks like he could be a middle school or high school student.
I think he looks too big to be in middle school, but high school or staff seem like decent possibilities to me. And I’m thinking it’s someone that the police didn’t know his significance until they showed the families the sketch and they said “oh that looks like the girls’ classmate/teacher/coach” and that’s why Carter was so emotional during the PC. But on the other hand, you’d think they would’ve shown the families all possible sketches right after it happened even if they decided to release only one publicly.

That newly released sketch was created in February 2017 by a state trooper. That’s what puzzles me. They had this sketch from the beginning but went with the older sketch for two years. Why? Their one witness gave them a description and it seems that they had two people doing sketches and they chose just one. Now, after all this time, they have changed direction and decided to go with the Troopers sketch. I think they are hoping for more clues but don’t have a suspect in mind. And that is concerning.

I did not know, until now, where the new sketch came from. Thank you.

That seems to have a lot of credibility, a state trooper, and I wonder why the one of the older, heavier guy was the one released first and stayed on the landscape for so long. Possibly, and venturing out there, the investigators were also looking at the video and thinking middle aged, overweight, baggy pants, and so on.

Looking at it now, BG might have been dressed in layers, hiding his kit, and that’s why he looks bulky. Plenty here speculated about that early on, but I kept thinking he was middle aged and overweight. It seems that was wrong, or potentially wrong.

I agree with you they don’t have a suspect. I do think they have the type and have narrowed it down to someone who had a REASON to have been in Delphi.

I think he looks too big to be in middle school, but high school or staff seem like decent possibilities to me. And I’m thinking it’s someone that the police didn’t know his significance until they showed the families the sketch and they said “oh that looks like the girls’ classmate/teacher/coach” and that’s why Carter was so emotional during the PC. But on the other hand, you’d think they would’ve shown the families all possible sketches right after it happened even if they decided to release only one publicly.
And remember it was a recess day from public schools that day..... teachers, staff, students had a day off.

#3 enhancement =I can see the hair now, not a hat. Def looks younger with a brown fanny pack around his waist. Question is, who still wears these? Can't imagine a twenty-something wearing this, but I feel like I am seeing someone in their early 30's-not 40's MOO

EBM
Men who go Fish or hunting or military . Google it.

So what do you think leazenby meant by they were specifically targeted
Could the girls have witnessed something between two people in the woods/park...something secretive with one of the people being someone they knew. The person they knew left, while the other person followed them to keep them quiet.

That newly released sketch was created in February 2017 by a state trooper. That’s what puzzles me. They had this sketch from the beginning but went with the older sketch for two years. Why? Their one witness gave them a description and it seems that they had two people doing sketches and they chose just one. Now, after all this time, they have changed direction and decided to go with the Troopers sketch. I think they are hoping for more clues but don’t have a suspect in mind. And that is concerning.

I agree as I have stated earlier, I'm convinced that at the time of the first rendering they didn't feel like that original sketch closely matched the figure they saw in the video of BG....MOO

BBM.

I think the bolded part might be significant. Did they know their killer?

MOO
After PC I think BG is local, but a stranger or very peripheral person to them.

The familiar address of "Guys" can be due simply to well known community
roles.
A young man, such as a youth group counselor or assistant sports coach etc, would say "Guys" to junior high girls to get their attention and direct them. To me "Guys" seems appropriate and logical.

First of all, I can imagine there *might* be some anger this info wasn’t released sooner. The families will need more time to process. To be fair, they have always been supportive of the investigation and all the investigators.

Two weeks is what Carter asked the media to give the families. Not sure that has worked out, seeing a video posted here earlier where a reporter has already spoken with at least one family member.

The next step would be to look through these new tips pouring in. Hope one of them works out, and doubly hope multiple tips are headed in the same direction.

We speculate on so many details here... Language and eye contact used in the press briefing, fbi behavior analysis being used, the suspect's motive and his "look", and the family members possible feelings and reactions.

Just to clarify my thoughts... Is there an FBI method for likely steps after this (assuming new tips don't lead to an arrest)? Have we seen LE do this type of thing before... Any theories on their "plan" (again, if new tips don't work)? Personally, I'm not angry... Just curious.

I had a thought about the change in strategy. I was very struck by the opening comments from ISP about the perpetrator not ever thinking law enforcement would change its approach, followed up with the forceful "but we did" Perhaps the original sketch isn't terribly far off from reality. But the "new" sketch shows a younger version, perhaps what he looked like at a younger age (and maybe resembles a younger family member). It is perhaps a more personal way to put the stress on BG, who is likely known to law enforcement, but not yet fully proven without other's coming to identify him. Just my developing humble opinion.

I was so struck by odd nature of the press conference. I can't figure out another reason for the emotional intensity leading up to it without it being very directed towards only BG and those who know him.

I continue to pray for justice for the girls and peace for the family.
I have wondered the same thing and alluded to it in a previous post about the possibility of there being a father-son connection. Your comment adds to what I had been thinking - appealing to a father (the killer) and his little bit of remaining conscience if he feels his son may now be targeted for his (the father's) actions.

MOO
After PC I think BG is local, but a stranger or very peripheral person to them.

The familiar address of "Guys" can be due simply to well known community
roles.
A young man, such as a youth group counselor or assistant sports coach etc, would say "Guys" to junior high girls to get their attention and direct them. To me "Guys" seems appropriate and logical.
Yea it would be unnatural for someone to say Girls, unless you are familiar with them. Guys sounds like something someone unfamiliar with a group of females would say or something even a familiar person would say if they were in a rush " Guys come help me with groceries this stuff is heavy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow