Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe those clothes were convenient for hiding stuff rather than age related fashion. Layers are the uniform of choice for shoplifters. Wide legs preferred. You can fit a lot of stuff under there!
LE says the suspect is between 18 and 40. I haven't followed this case much but just watching the video I feel like his clothing, walk and voice make him seem closer to 40 or even older than 40, his jeans, jacket and hat seem like clothing a more middle aged person would wear.

It tugged at my heart when Supt. Carter said something along the lines of as he takes his last breath, both families will be on his mind. That says a lot about him.

Same. It chilled me. I almost felt like he was goading the killer to come after him. I would not want to mess with that superintendent.

They've always looked like carpenter pants to me, too. Cargo jeans and a windbreaker.
It could be one of those double layered windbreakers that button into rain jackets, the second layer could be the windbreaker and the top with the hood is the raincoat. Columbia is the only brand off the top of my head that makes them.

The LE officer mentioned the BG and him have been in contact before. TO me this means he is sure that the guy has a record. This reminds me of a patient. He was a John Doe in critical condition. In the hospital I worked, we had ex-homicide detectives as security professionals. The guy was going to die. I called the officers and asked him to be fingerprinted reasoning because he was homeless he must have been arrested. Perhaps, for loitering. BINGO! We found his family and they arrived before he died. I went around the unit , saying "CSI!" with my hands thrown up in the air. LOL. Those were the days.

BBM

It could also simply mean that he's one of the people who LE has interviewed over the past 2 years. I think his words were "we may have even talked to you."

Imo it wouldn't have been hard to overtake two young girls with even a knife. Its all games to think "yeah id just dodge them and run" but plenty of us freeze with fear when faced with something like that. Especially if youre already freaking out about this dude continually following you and you have no weapom yourself. Do what he says and maybe youll get to live.

If the family was told the info just prior to the briefing, I completely understand them leaving and in tears - can you imagine being told that the killer could very well be in the same room with them???
Yes, especially considering that they probably have been thinking of a stranger having done this, looking somewhat like the previous sketch.
Now they will be likely be agonized, thinking of everyone they know and wondering who it might be.
I also think it's possible that investigators shared more information with them than they did with the public at the press conference, and that's one of the reasons they asked the media to leave them alone for two weeks. Jmo

What is that noise between "guys" and "down the hill"? It sounds like a metal shovel scraping concrete.

If you are BG, this is a bad day. LE announced that they have changed direction of the investigation, they showed a new sketch, they showed your walk, they announced that you are local, that they know where you were parked which also means they know what vehicle you were driving, that there are now 2 witnesses who can ID you (both worked with sketch artists) and they know you are hiding in plain sight.

Combine this with you are 5'8" - 5'10", about 200 lbs, Caucasian with reddish brown hair, brown, green or hazel eyes, curly hair and your distinct voice. You would be shivering in anxiety.

Now, let's see who gets jumpy.

Two thoughts. One, Witness may have seen vehicle and person parked in area at other times. We are all creatures of habit,I use that exact same spot to park every time I go to the store. Don't ask me why! There are a large amount of satellites up there rotating earth once every day, like the moon, or they would fall to earth I think from physics classes. Maybe they got a shot from one of these private satellites and found a vehicle there at that exact time on that day. With new info, gave that witness account new priority??? Two, maybe they have been making repeated attempts for a DNA hit to registries and as those sites became more popular over the last two years, got a recent hit close to their population, so the investigation turns local???? I am just guessing as so many of us are so affected by this crime, I would imagine investigators with inside knowledge would be utterly invested as it is not only so heartbreaking but it is their job, so their efforts would be outstanding and ongoing I would think.

The person in the video clearly has fused pelvis by the way he walks, the person in the video is atleast in their 30's. Adult males walk stiffer.

Above is quote from closed post. That strange shuffle looks kind of like someone intoxicated to me.

What do you do if your parking space is taken?
Two thoughts. One, Witness may have seen vehicle and person parked in area at other times. We are all creatures of habit,I use that exact same spot to park every time I go to the store. Don't ask me why! There are a large amount of satellites up there rotating earth once every day, like the moon, or they would fall to earth I think from physics classes. Maybe they got a shot from one of these private satellites and found a vehicle there at that exact time on that day. With new info, gave that witness account new priority??? Two, maybe they have been making repeated attempts for a DNA hit to registries and as those sites became more popular over the last two years, got a recent hit close to their population, so the investigation turns local???? I am just guessing as so many of us are so affected by this crime, I would imagine investigators with inside knowledge would be utterly invested as it is not only so heartbreaking but it is their job, so their efforts would be outstanding and ongoing I would think.

LE says the suspect is between 18 and 40. I haven't followed this case much but just watching the video I feel like his clothing, walk and voice make him seem closer to 40 or even older than 40, his jeans, jacket and hat seem like clothing a more middle aged person would wear.
That may be one of the reasons they originally thought he was much older. Maybe the suspect was wearing clothes he normally wouldn't wear as part of a disguise.
I also think he may have been wearing several layers to appear larger. Jmo

My consolidated theory.

The killer was telling the girls that he needed their help down the hill in order
to throw off their threat detection, he wanted to appear vulnerable. " Guys I need your help, my wife is hurt down the hill, my dog is hurt down the hill, my truck needs a push start down the hill, I will give you $50 each"
he threw one of the girls off the a the lower, descending part of the bridge in order
to order to gain control of the other while the she was shocked; most likely in a moment of opportunity.
His hat is a hunting/winter cap with ear flaps or a real tree regular baseball cap. He is wearing carpenter pants, a double layered jacket (one that you can unbutton the second layer). He has a mustache, he has Caucasian features and possibly uses chewing tobacco.
He is clean, he might have been on his lunch break, working close by and living in one of the smaller towns of the area. He lives in such a setting and lives his life in such a manner that either his peers are miscreants and don't talk to the police, or he is liked and level headed enough to not throw up any flags. The phone was possibly found in the water and what audio there is was recovered using the FBI or State lab.

Attachments

• IMG_20190423_183802455.jpg
    IMG_20190423_183802455.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20190423_183537600.jpg
    IMG_20190423_183537600.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20190423_183437422.jpg
    IMG_20190423_183437422.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 39
If the family was told the info just prior to the briefing, I completely understand them leaving and in tears - can you imagine being told that the killer could very well be in the same room with them???

YES! ...And.. that they possibly realize that they know the man, pretty well !
That would also explain why Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter was SO extreamly emotional .
<Mod Snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible the hat work was chosen deliberately to conceal as much of his face while also not being “out of the ordinary”?

I ask this because I’m not sure if suspect is suspected to have committed more crimes similar to this or this was a crime of opportunity only.

I don't think the pants are tight on his leg, but I do definitely see what you're talking about on the right leg, although I'm not picking it up on the left.

I think though it's just the way the light is hitting the pants, and the reason it's so pronounced is that at the moment of the video he is pivoting to his left.

It's very clear, at least to me, that he is about to pivot HARD to his left--in the last step with the left foot he starts to orient that way, and in the last split second of the video his right foot turns quickly in that direction.

I'm thinking the video cuts off at that point (eta: at least the part we are shown) because that is the moment where he pulls out a weapon of some kind with his right hand.

One thing I'm less sure of, but am currently thinking, is what we perceived as facial hair in the original stills is actually his mouth opening to speak, and possibly that the audio and video clips we're seeing are from almost the exact same moment.

Thanks as it helps to get everyone's opinion on things.

I totally agree about the pivot to his left and toward the girls at the end of what we see.

I also agree he likely pulled a gun out right around that time. Many of us think we see the outline of a large handgun in his right coat pocket. The handgun is in right coat pocket and its facing backwards where the barrel is pointing off to the side and not straight into the pocket.

Does anyone know how far from the crime scene the car was parked? Is there a map somewhere that was posted?

Seems secluded for a lunch break. Im leaning towards a local drinker by that walk. Unemployed or called in sick to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23