Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason someone would put a gun in his pocket backwards like that is to keep it from falling out.

The way that the handle (with magazine and lead bullets) would be heavy would make it easier to not have it fall out of your pocket if you put it in your pocket handle first. The barrel of the gun would be pointing backwards toward outside of pocket.

It actually makes sense to me that he would put it in his pocket backwards like that to keep it from falling back out. Its a pretty large gun.

Sure, I could see that, especially if the pocket is oriented a specific way that would make it easy for it to fall out.

I'm not well versed in handguns although I have shot them before, and as a result of that inexperience I personally would be concerned about shooting myself in the bicep in the process of pulling out the gun. But I see what you're saying for sure.

In any case though, my current thought is that he already has his hand on the gun at the time of the video (whether it's in front of him or behind) and pulls it out literally right after he pivots.

Looking at the silhouette a different way, does it look possible that where the base of the "handle" is could actually be the end of the barrel, and he is already holding the gun under his coat?

Has Carter acted emotionally in all the press releases? His behavior stood out as more emotional this time. I don't think BG has a conscience either. If he did, he would have never murdered two little girls.

The first press conference after this horrendous day happened the Superintendent was emotional too he looked shell shocked and haunted. I’ve never forgotten that press conference and I was not surprised by his demeanour yesterday.

I believe Carter said and acted precisely how he was coached. It was all very deliberate. He was speaking to the killer and anyone who may suspect him. He did good. IMO

Any thoughts on the complete oversight on the killers part to leave one of the girls cellphones behind? If he’s between the ages of 18-40, surely he knows all teens have phones.

The Criminology podcast did a good episode on this back in Feb of this year.

The first press conference after this horrendous day happened the Superintendent was emotional too he looked shell shocked and haunted. I’ve never forgotten that press conference and I was not surprised by his demeanour yesterday.
I was shocked so I know the people in the town were too. Carter being emotional that day was understandable. He didn't look emotional at the press release on the second anniversary of their deaths. Maybe I am making more of it, but I felt like he was really emotional this time for a different reason, other than the girls deaths. JMO

I believe Carter said and acted precisely how he was coached. It was all very deliberate. He was speaking to the killer and anyone who may suspect him. He did good. IMO

Any thoughts on the complete oversight on the killers part to leave one of the girls cellphones behind? If he’s between the ages of 18-40, surely he knows all teens have phones.

Definitely. He made that press conference to stir up the killer not to inform the public. His word choices were to block any gratification and solely to jostle the killer. That is why they won't release the coroners report. They don't wan't to give the guy any gratification or reinforce his ego what so ever.

Is it possible the hat work was chosen deliberately to conceal as much of his face while also not being “out of the ordinary”?

I ask this because I’m not sure if suspect is suspected to have committed more crimes similar to this or this was a crime of opportunity only.

Dear ToothSlooth,

Great insight!

I agree that the hat and clothes were purposely chosen to conceal his body - to make him look larger than he actually is - and to definitely cover his head and face area.

His legs seem too slender for those pants. The jacket is oversized and possibly chosen to conceal whatever he has hidden inside.

When I look at the video still photo of BG, I believe there are shadows on his face and that throws off his identity as well. In addition, his head is down and his glance is down which doesn't help with identification.

The authorities have definite insight as to whether this perpetrator is likely to have committed violent, murderous crimes. They don't share this information, but we will find out when they catch this monster (and I have faith that this investigative team will).

Last edited:

Maybe he panicked or felt rushed? Murderers generally make mistakes and overlook things. They are human after all, or somewhat. When humans are under stress they tend to make mistakes....MOO

Yeah, the words were scripted, but the emotion was real.

If that phone was in Libby’s pocket, he might have either missed it, or forgotten to take it.

After the murders, his priority would have been getting out of there as fast as possible.

Lots of killers make mistakes, especially their first time.

If this was his first time.

Last edited:
The audio I enhanced including the song sound, it sounds to me like an audio sample possibly a text alert. "Big Papa" maybe or "Proper" in Ebonics. "Propa"

I can't hear the music but I have always felt like BG's voice has a sort of creepy computerized sound to it. Listening to your clips (and considering the dramatic difference between the two sketches) I'm starting to wonder if he was wearing a mask with a voice changer attached. Perhaps the scratchy sounds in between words is his breathing into the voice changer microphone? I don't know what they sound like but apparently one can purchase scary voice changing equipment for Halloween and it's super cheap (IMO): Halloween Voice Changer
https://www.walmart.com/ip/8-Mode-M...MIg7On69nn4QIVh42zCh3zigpqEAkYCCABEgJO6_D_BwE
There are videos on you tube that show how to put a voice changer into a mask.
This could also explain the difference in vocal sound between the "Guys" and the other words. Perhaps he wasn't speaking directly into the voice altering box for the word "Guys"?
Also, perhaps the white lines we see moving under his chin area are wires from voice changing equipment?
Just speculating. MOO.
MOO.

I can't hear the music but I have always felt like BG's voice has a sort of creepy computerized sound to it. Listening to your clips (and considering the dramatic difference between the two sketches) I'm starting to wonder if he was wearing a mask with a voice changer attached. Perhaps the scratchy sounds in between words is his breathing into the voice changer microphone? I don't know what they sound like but apparently one can purchase scary voice changing equipment for Halloween and it's super cheap (IMO): Halloween Voice Changer
https://www.walmart.com/ip/8-Mode-M...MIg7On69nn4QIVh42zCh3zigpqEAkYCCABEgJO6_D_BwE
There are videos on you tube that show how to put a voice changer into a mask.
This could also explain the difference in vocal sound between the "Guys" and the other words. Perhaps he wasn't speaking directly into the voice altering box for the word "Guys"?
Also, perhaps the white lines we see moving under his chin area are wires from voice changing equipment?
Just speculating. MOO.
MOO.
Listen to the second post with clip 4

Definitely. He made that press conference to stir up the killer not to inform the public. His word choices were to block any gratification and solely to jostle the killer. That is why they won't release the coroners report. They don't wan't to give the guy any gratification or reinforce his ego what so ever.
That, and they don’t want to compromise the investigation.

Releasing that information isn’t going to help generate tips.

It also would be important to vet the veracity of any tips, or a confession.

If that phone was in Libby’s pocket, be might have either missed it, or forgotten to take it.

After the murders, his priority would have been getting out of there as fast as possible.

yes. and when he said you made mistakes we have a witness. that witness could be the phone and his mistake could be not taking it and destroying it

If that phone was in Libby’s pocket, be might have either missed it, or forgotten to take it.

I think she was very good at sneaking a picture. I'm thinking he had no idea she snapped a picture or was recording. I don't think he ever thought about a phone, which makes me think he is older than 18. JMO

Sure, I could see that, especially if the pocket is oriented a specific way that would make it easy for it to fall out.

I'm not well versed in handguns although I have shot them before, and as a result of that inexperience I personally would be concerned about shooting myself in the bicep in the process of pulling out the gun. But I see what you're saying for sure.

In any case though, my current thought is that he already has his hand on the gun at the time of the video (whether it's in front of him or behind) and pulls it out literally right after he pivots.

Looking at the silhouette a different way, does it look possible that where the base of the "handle" is could actually be the end of the barrel, and he is already holding the gun under his coat?

Thats possible too. Its so hard to draw any definite conclusions because the photos are just far enough away that it makes it hard to get a good clear view on things.

I guess I am thankful we have what we have though. So many cases we dont even get this much so I guess I am thankful we at least have a few things to look at and listen to.

Although it kind of drives us a little crazy :)

Regarding The Shack, from what I understand, the movie was released after the murders, but the book was published before (do I have that right?)

S0... perhaps Carter was saying to BG - I know you read that book because there is a specific detail in the movie I saw that reminds me of what you did to two little girls.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member