Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the bridge is so difficult to walk on, and BG looks to be shifting his feet around for "good" planks to step on, why does he have his hands in his pockets instead of out, to use them to help him balance?

I wish he had fallen! It is disturbing to think that had he fallen off that bridge, those precious girls would have sought help for him.

In the "new" picture, LE got that extra curly hair from somewhere. There aren't too many men around with hair like that and it should give people some ideas about who it could be. Such a small town, how many heads of hair could there be that are so curly?
7762bd96db74be4935386d6d127f9d32

It appears that Abby also had her hands in her pockets and is looking down, similar to BG.

I have heard about and can see the "gun" silhouette in the right pocket, especially in the stills, but I see it a little differently now with the video.

I'm honestly not sure what exactly I'm seeing there; the silhouette does look a lot like a gun, but why anyone would carry a gun the way it's seemingly oriented seems so bizarre to me.

His right arm looks so much smaller than his left that I think there's a good chance he's actually reaching behind and gripping a gun in his back waistband, but again, I'm confused on this point and can see it either way.

Just jumping of your post to ask-- do we know if the video is a reverse image? I thought I had read before it was taken as a selfie video over the shoulder or something like that. I don't know too much about it but I know selfie photos are mirrored images. Has anyone tried flipping the video?

I have 2 kids, ages 7 and 12, and I did a "man on the street" quiz for them and asked them why they would videotape someone if they were out for a walk.

12-year-old: Because he was acting really weird and we either thought it was funny or we were scared.
7-year-old: because I was afraid he was going to hurt me and I wanted evidence for the police.

The 7yo is clearly my Criminal Minds buddy.

7762bd96db74be4935386d6d127f9d32

It appears that Abby also had her hands in her pockets and is looking down, similar to BG.

Good point.

Ive walked on a few train tracks before where the wooden railroad ties were raised up about 8 or 10 inches of a gravel bed. It wasnt a bridge or anything but I had to walk similar on top of railroad ties to make good progress.

Surprisingly, when you get used to it then its not as hard as it seems. And putting your hands in your pocket can keep your arms confined and can make it seem easier to walk in some ways.

The pictures of them with their hands in pocket tells me they definitely had gotten comfortable with walking across the railroad ties. And the height of the bridge was not bothering them.

I do think it’s quite possible that this guy was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

It isn’t based on the video though.

I think he’s a disorganized type of offender, not in all aspects, but on the whole. Many killers like this, especially serial killers, are substance abusers.

I think this was a crime of opportunity, although he may have seen the girls before.

I think that any female he came across out there, would have been at risk. I do believe he came prepared, and probably had come prepared in the past.

I think he lacks the ability to use his brain in order to acquire his victims, and chose to use force on two girls who were as vulnerable as they get.

When this guy is identified, I believe he’s going to be of average or below average intelligence, with a history of petty crimes and drug offenses.

This guy isn’t some criminal mastermind, he just got very lucky.

When Carter praises the people of Delphi, I have a feeling they not only supported LE but they stayed quiet on social media. They kept any info quiet and directed it to LE. This is my opinion but I also make these comments based on reading about this case over the years. I’m back here with a new email/user name, but I have been active since the beginning.

I said earlier I strongly believe Carter knows that the families are about to experience more pain and heartbreak when the person is arrested/revealed. LE know who he is. They spoke TO HIM. They know he isn’t a transient, they KNOW HE WILL be impacted when his family/friends find out what he has done. They spoke to HIM. There were many clues revealed. Even the red truck on the computer is significant.... IMO... They are being so careful which I (and we all) want. This new (old) sketch was the trump card that they held in their back pocket. They told the perp, we KNOW, and you WANT to know what we know.. NOW come forward... and they are giving the family time. IMO an arrest will happen within 2 weeks...
If LE knows who he is then it is pretty clear they don't have any DNA evidence. Otherwise he'd have been arrested already.

If LE knows who he is then it is pretty clear they don't have any DNA evidence. Otherwise he'd have been arrested already.
Possible. DNA is very important but so are other facts that would make a jury believe that he is the killer. I 100% believe they said his name if they knew him and they have it.... DNA is important and can seal a case on a conviction or plea bargain... but good old evidence and witnesses are even better!

The words "We believe you are hiding in plain sight" captured my attention. They keep coming back to me.

Could this end up being someone who was "familiar" to the folks in Delphi who perhaps said hello on a regular basis to him? Someone they "know" but don't really "know"?

Someone who worked in the "background" and didn't say much but never acted odd enough to attract any attention. Someone who people wouldn't normally think of because the person never made an impression on them.

Sometimes people who work quietly in the background are "invisible" to us, in that we don't automatically think of them when there are criminal cases or otherwise.

"Carter addressed the killer directly, close to tears throughout his prepared statement: “We believe you are hiding in plain sight,” he said."

‘Hiding in Plain Sight’: Police Release New Audio, Video Evidence in Delphi Murders of Two Teen Girls

Just my opinion, but after listening to the presser a few times, I’m not so sure they have a “person” in mind. I’m not even sure that the perpetrator lives in Delphi. I’m wondering what Company demo’d the Cps building. I’m wondering if there are other crimes closely related to the nature of this crime. The new sketch was done after the crimes took place- by the eyewitness- maybe the “original “ sketch” was showing shadows from the video taken- and maybe there isn’t a “goatee” on the perp. MOO

I did not get any kind of impression that LE is any closer to identifying him. All they have that is new is the image, imo. And their firmer theory that he is or was a local. But none of that seems to point to anyone, and I am sure everyone in town has been scrutinized already over a 2+ year period, by both police and the locals. So unless this new image looks exactly like someone in town...not sure it will change much. And if it does look just like a local, we would probably know already, imo. At least via social media...jmo

That bridge definitely isn't an easy walk and the older I get, the scarier it gets. A lot of people say "don't look down" when you're up high, but looking down has never been a problem for me-it's looking UP that puts me off balance. I also find that I clinch my fists when I am nervous and,for that reason, sometimes put them in my pocket so that I can hold onto something. To me, the guy looks exactly how I feel whenever I walk across that bridge-familiar enough to know HOW to walk across it, but nervous enough to take my time and hope a stiff breeze doesn't blow me off.

IMO, That town has people and children/friends in it who know factual/pertinent info. LE knows what they know/knew at the time. Keep in mind.... there could be a reason behind the murders. We hate to “go there” with innocent children. IMO, It is NOT because THEY did anything wrong, it could be that an adult did wrong and was desperate to keep them quiet... etc...

Wild card idea...
Could this be a father/son duo. One an accomplice/driver, or waiting below bridge? This is the only explanation I can come with for these two sketches.
Definitely wild card...
Amateur opinion and speculation

While we've been told that this is not true (i.e., only one killer, one image), you're not alone at having first thought the sketches were father and son! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea