Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

Good that radio is keeping things open for the public. However it appears police were pressured to say something. This radio announcer is renown for keeping relevant issues in the spotlight. But police really said nothing. The public really are none the wiser. Justice for Toyah seems a way off yet. Anyone know if the POI has sold the Innisfail house? Has his family all returned to India?

Don't know anything about the family, but re.com says the house is 'Off Market" - not sold or otherwise.

ETA: another real estate site, (not a popular one) says it is for sale.

Don't know anything about the family, but re.com says the house is 'Off Market" - not sold or otherwise.

ETA: another real estate site, (not a popular one) says it is for sale.
But I still see the following, on that Australian no 1 real estate site:

Address available on request Innisfail Estate, Qld 4860

House
  • 4 (beds)
  • 2 (baths)
  • 6 (cars)
810 m²
$345,000
[...]
Property Code: 1172
[...]
No inspections are currently scheduled.

Contact the agent to arrange an appointment
Although sometimes, agents forget to update an ad to "off market".

A manhunt has been launched for the driver of a 4WD, who allegedly tried to abduct a teenage girl not far from where a 21-year-old woman was raped and murdered.

The man is accused of pulling off a highway in Cairns and trying to lure the girl over just after 6pm on January 23.

He then allegedly tried to pull the 19-year-old into his vehicle, but she was able to break free.

Police say the man is slim, and appears to be aged in his 50s or 60s, with pale skin, and greying brown hair.

After the alleged failed abduction, the man drove along the grass, before turning and continuing to drive on the footpath

Manhunt after 4WD driver tries to abduct girl, 19, near the beach where Toyah Cordingley was killed | Daily Mail Online

And another attempted attack/abduction in the Northern Beaches area.

"The 28-year-old mum said she took a slightly longer walk than usual because her son wasn’t with her on Sunday.
She said she was on Panguna St when a dark grey SUV started driving up and down the street near her before the erratic behaviour ramped up."
“On the fourth time he’s come back towards me and actually swerved at me. I was on the grass and it was only half a metre between me and the car,” she said.
“He was driving so fast that, if he had managed to hit me, I don't think I’d be here today.”
She said the driver, who she described as petite and of Indian appearance, stopped the car and flashed the headlights at her.
“I walked past him quite briskly and he’s gotten out of the car. As I’ve walked past he approached me.
“Once he was in my space, he asked me my name and he’s put his arm out to shake my hand.
“Stupidly enough, I’ve shaken his hand and he’s grabbed me with force.
“It was tight enough that I felt I had to pull away, it wasn’t right.
“I was really lucky that I had some essential oils and body butter on me at the time, so it was really slippery in the rain.”
Ms Weinmann said he yelled after her for some time, asking if she lived nearby or if she regularly jogged in the area.
“He zoomed past me again, then leant out of his passenger window with his phone out saying he needed help,” she said.
“He looked crazy. His eyes were really glassy. He had this smile on his face that was really eerie.
“That’s when I ran.”

Category: | The Courier Mail

An article about Crimestoppers Queensland.
Seems it's closing down due to a budget shortfall.

"ANONYMOUS calls to Crime Stoppers Queensland have been crucial in generating police leads and even helping solve murders in the past four years.

On Tuesday it was revealed that the Crime Stoppers call centre will close because of a $250,000 budget shortfall.

Police Minister Mark Ryan says it will be “business as usual” with the Queensland Police Service to pick up calls to the organisation "

Category: | The Courier Mail

The father of a young woman murdered in broad daylight on an isolated beach has paid tribute to his daughter with a series of touching tattoos.

The body of Toyah Cordingley, 24, was found by her father Troy on Wangetti Beach, North Queensland, late last October.

She had been reported missing the day before the grisly discovery and her killer remained on the run.

Troy honoured her memory by getting three tattoos.

Father of Toyah Cordingley shares touching tribute to daughter murdered in North Queensland | Daily Mail Online

I hope it’s not foul play

Young woman found dead on Sunshine Coast beach

An off-duty lifeguard made a grisly discovery this morning after he found the body of a young woman washed up on a Queensland beach.

“Preliminary information suggests the woman had gone swimming at an unknown location north of Dicky Beach where it is believed she then got into difficulties,” Queensland Police said in a statement

Young woman found dead on beach

I hope it’s not foul play

Young woman found dead on Sunshine Coast beach

An off-duty lifeguard made a grisly discovery this morning after he found the body of a young woman washed up on a Queensland beach.

“Preliminary information suggests the woman had gone swimming at an unknown location north of Dicky Beach where it is believed she then got into difficulties,” Queensland Police said in a statement

Young woman found dead on beach

No foul play TGY.....

Police, paramedics and lifeguards removed the young woman’s body just after 6am Queensland time.
The police spokeswoman said the young woman’s death was not being treated as suspicious.
Woman found dead was young doctor

ORDER a bunch of flowers, a doughnut and a T-shirt next week and you’ll be helping keep the memory of a murdered Cairns woman alive.
Port Douglas’ Duke’s Doughnuts, Bloom Drop and Her Him & Bub have banded together to sell a little posy to raise money for the SES who have tirelessly searched for clues after the murder of Toyah Cordingley.
No Cookies | The Cairns Post

this article at mamamia, not sure if the link works here though?
There's a woman's name we must never forget. It's Toyah
https://www..au/toyah-cordingley-murder-news-2018/

Once the alleged perpetrator fled there was a good chance this case would go cold. It seems the murderer has been identified but how on earth do they find him in that part of the world? India? Afghanistan? Pakistan? Good luck with that one. On the bright side miracles do happen so there is hope.

The worst part is Toyah's murder is now hardly mentioned in the media. Her family however will be suffering as much as they were in week one. This all due to MSM not being able to keep their mouth shut.
Thanks a million.

Found something, but it's behind a paywall so could only see a snippet

THE state’s top cop has acknowledged the challenges facing investigators in the Toyah Cordingley’s murder probe with a key “person of interest” overseas.

Commissioner Ian Stewart said he fears the case will not be solved before he steps down in July, but remained “100 per cent optimistic” her killer will eventually be caught.

Weird when I lost the page and got it back I could see all of it

No Cookies | The Cairns Post

I haven’t visited this thread in a while because I must admit I was feeling hopeless, however just this Easter weekend I have been visiting family in Cairns where I am originally from.

We drove from Port Douglas to Cairns (a beautiful drive that is now so sad). There are many little beaches to drop in on that drive, including Wangetti - and they all had many people stopped. It is nowhere near as remote as what I once thought. I wouldn’t think you need to be a local to find it either.

We saw many posters for Toyah and car stickers too. No real update with this post, but it is very clear the town has not given up!!
Hoping for an arrest !

Are they sure he flew out of Aust?

Woman sexually assaulted in daylight Melbourne beach attack

The 24-year-old was at Seaford beach - in the City of Frankston - on Melbourne’s Port Phillip Bay when she was approached by a man and sexually assaulted about 5pm on Sunday.

The alleged offender is described as Indian Sub-continental in appearance, about 28-years-old, 170cm tall, unshaven with a slim build, short dark-brown hair and large round eyes.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/news-melbourne-woman-attacked-on-seaford-beach-in-melbourne/296ed761-629a-4af2-b720-99ab83a74068

The 24-year-old was at Seaford beach - in the City of Frankston - on Melbourne’s Port Phillip Bay when she was approached by a man and sexually assaulted about 5pm on Sunday.

The alleged offender is described as Indian Sub-continental in appearance, about 28-years-old, 170cm tall, unshaven with a slim build, short dark-brown hair and large round eyes.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/news-melbourne-woman-attacked-on-seaford-beach-in-melbourne/296ed761-629a-4af2-b720-99ab83a74068

Thanks TYG! Was this guy (who attacked Toyah) older? ICR. It would be interesting to know...

Did he depart on his own passport? ICR again :)

Far out I hope they find him. It has similarities to Hannah Foster, in the UK - he escaped to India, but eventually they found him. Kudos! hope it happens this time too.

Would be interesting to know if he departed OZ after-all?

Pictured: Indian nurse who fled overseas when Toyah's body was found

See photo in this link... Doesn't look like composite in the above link imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back