AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know he is 100% innocent? Are you privy to evidence that hasn't been made public?

Well he is innocent according the law, at the very least, innocent of committing murder (at this point). Technically innocent of rape as well (at this point) until that too can be proven. So being 100% sure of innocence or guilt at this time would be inaccurate and unfair to both the accused and victims/family. This is why some comments made by others wanting him executed this moment bothers me just as "my defending him" with my statements that have been incorrectly interpreted have bothered some posters.

So as of now it's nothing more than logical fallacies. If more coincidences appear along with more evidence then it's more convincing of cause and effect.

Well he is innocent according the law, at the very least, innocent of committing murder (at this point). Technically innocent of rape as well (at this point) until that too can be proven. So being 100% sure of innocence or guilt at this time would be inaccurate and unfair to both the accused and victims/family. This is why some comments made by others wanting him executed this moment bothers me just as "my defending him" with my statements that have been incorrectly interpreted have bothered some posters.

So as of now it's nothing more than logical fallacies. If more coincidences appear along with more evidence then it's more convincing of cause and effect.
Nobody that I've seen has said they want him dispatched with before he gets his day in court so I don't know why you keep repeating this. It may be your justification for defending this accused child rapist and murderer to the extent you are, which is fine but please stop being disingenuous saying people here want him executed before being found guilty. People in here are really not the bloodthirsty savages like you keep trying to make it appear.

No specific test sure, but bruising, scratches, bite mark's, small or large lacerations, etc plus semen for DNA sampling would point and suggest rape and struggle. So minus everything aside from the DNA only suggests a sexual act was performed. The aforementioned physical evidence wouldn't have to be directly in the groin area to reasonable conclude.

That’s not a “forensic” test. It’s a visual inspection of the victims body.

That’s not a “forensic” test. It’s a visual inspection of the victims body.

Oh I'm sorry, part of an assessment followed by collection doesn't fall under forensic testing? Since the forensic examiner assists law enforcement by dictating his/her findings in a report of all things involved in a post mortem study.

If any of the assessment findings mentioned are noticed, further testing can be done like hematologic studies and so forth. All findings are then dictated and passed on. So why semantically it's not a "test" it falls within the scope of duty of the examiner too which he/she bases their conclusions of what may or may not happened to the victim.

So please, if my statements are incorrect allow me to apologize

The post is about 6 or 7 pages back

The backgrounds of one of CM’s attorneys and the mentioned purported “community activist” are being confused. Purposely or not.
Either way, it’s a non-sequitor to the case. Irrelevant

Quo Vadis

One more post from me about this on this thread as this is a very sad cases where two young girls lost their lives but there is some relevance as the inspiration for the arrest in this case was based on what I believe was a misidentification in the Golden State Killer case. I am not a scientist I am just an amateur poster with an interest in crime cases so I am not privy to how the DNA analysis may have gone wrong but in simple or crude terms I would say the DNA is 'abused' in some way when it is continually entered into different systems so it gives a false result. As I say although it is a very serious and interesting subject I am not going to continue to discuss it at the moment. Thanks.

I will just make one more point I do not believe in many cases the genealogists are identifying the correct offender it makes little different who they find the DNA analysis process is flawed from the outset in many cases. For instance in the Golden State Killer case I do not even think the DNA sample used to misidentify an innocent man was not even a pure sample from the actual offender. Jackson is Germanic yet the man held has some Italian heritage and this was not mentioned in the case before and the reason for this is because this Italian DNA was not even from the offender.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a legal principle that applies throughout the judicial process. The general public is entitled to form their own opinion based on information available to date through MSM articles or that which is released by LE.

One of the basic principles at Websleuths is that we remain victim friendly.

Please read this excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

It is one thing to play devil's advocate to some degree in these threads (i.e. defending the accused), but ...state your case and move on, without derailing a thread with arguments and bickering. IF however your opinion is unsubstantiated by known fact and negative toward the victim, it is not tolerated at Websleuths. Speculative opinion must be based on a known fact.

To speculate that consensual sex occurred is not substantiated by any known fact and is therefore painting the victim in a negative light by suggesting their behavior makes them somehow responsible for their death. Until/unless MSM or LE indicate otherwise, consensual sex is not up for discussion.

Any questions regarding the above, direct message a Mod or Admin or use the Report feature to ask a question. Do not derail the thread any further with questions about The Rules or moderation.

Caveat: Discussing moderation in a thread is an automatic time out.

Last edited:
I know the Golden State Killer is Ralph Jackson so I am assuming if this case was based on aspiration from this case they also have the wrong suspect.
Sounds like you are just trying to create doubt in scientific evidence but when you have a direct match to DNA, it's a little hard for me to believe he's NEVER met them. I'm guessing you believe that catholic priest CANNOT sin also??

Sounds like you are just trying to create doubt in scientific evidence but when you have a direct match to DNA, it's a little hard for me to believe he's NEVER met them. I'm guessing you believe that catholic priest CANNOT sin also??
I think several personally known to the suspect 'defenders' are on this thread IMO.

I think several personally known to the suspect 'defenders' are on this thread IMO.
I'm sure and that's fine. I always look at things (or try to) from every angle. If you defend someone and say "There's NO way they could have done it" #1. Either you were with them during the WHOLE time that it could've taken place. OR #2 You know they didn't do it because YOU'RE the one that did it. Also, I think it's funny how people say "he couldn't have done it, he's a CHRISTIAN man" and then think that claiming to be a christian is gonna save them. IMO if you're gonna go that route, God will give to you tenfold for using him that way. JMO

I have said my piece and I am happy I have been allowed to do that but I would rather posters discuss other aspects of the case now. Just for the record I do not believe that DNA genealogy leads to that many direct DNA matches and there have been examples of it leading to mistakes. This report says it is up to 90 per cent inaccurate:

Can Genealogy DNA Link To The Wrong Suspect?

I have said my piece and I am happy I have been allowed to do that but I would rather posters discuss other aspects of the case now. Just for the record I do not believe that DNA genealogy leads to that many direct DNA matches and there have been examples of it leading to mistakes. This report says it is up to 90 per cent inaccurate:

But as someone commented below the article:
Misleading article. Familial DNA can lead you to several suspects, yes. But you still end up with a 100% match in the end. So if the family trees lead to a dozen suspects, the next step is to match their DNA profile with the suspect’s DNA from the crime scene. You’ll either get a 100% match from one of the 12, or you won’t. This is bad journalism.

But as someone commented below the article:
Misleading article. Familial DNA can lead you to several suspects, yes. But you still end up with a 100% match in the end. So if the family trees lead to a dozen suspects, the next step is to match their DNA profile with the suspect’s DNA from the crime scene. You’ll either get a 100% match from one of the 12, or you won’t. This is bad journalism.

Right. It does not matter how many leads they get that don’t work out—what matters is that they get a lead that provides a classic DNA match. So, if someone wants to claim that classic DNA matching—between two good samples—is inaccurate, well, go ahead.

I'm glad you posted. I just don't think you fully understand the whole process or you don't want to understand. I believe they are right on track with the person responsible. For a person to keep their mouth shut for 20 years. And now gonna say that he's never met nor does he know them. After ALL THIS TIME......he and his attorney and family expects people to believe this?? You don't just come up with someone's semen by going to the store and buying it. I've heard that it's all set up. How would you go about setting up someone with their semen??? That and the consensual sex is the only two plays he's got IMO. The set up version is gonna be way far fetched so I'm going with he's gonna make up some kind of BS instead of doing the christian thing and confessing the TRUTH. My opinion.........ONLY A GUILTY MAN KEEPS QUIET AND WANTS AN ATTORNEY!!!!! IF he was so innocent and christian........all he would need is the truth and God..............not a guy that tries to make people think that DNA stands for Do Not Ask.......That's the dumbest thing i've heard yet!! All just my opinion of it all. Hopefully he'll ask for a speedy trial so that the families won't have to keep going through this 3 or 4 years from now!!

I'm glad you posted. I just don't think you fully understand the whole process or you don't want to understand. I believe they are right on track with the person responsible. For a person to keep their mouth shut for 20 years. And now gonna say that he's never met nor does he know them. After ALL THIS TIME......he and his attorney and family expects people to believe this?? You don't just come up with someone's semen by going to the store and buying it. I've heard that it's all set up. How would you go about setting up someone with their semen??? That and the consensual sex is the only two plays he's got IMO. The set up version is gonna be way far fetched so I'm going with he's gonna make up some kind of BS instead of doing the christian thing and confessing the TRUTH. My opinion.........ONLY A GUILTY MAN KEEPS QUIET AND WANTS AN ATTORNEY!!!!! IF he was so innocent and christian........all he would need is the truth and God..............not a guy that tries to make people think that DNA stands for Do Not Ask.......That's the dumbest thing i've heard yet!! All just my opinion of it all. Hopefully he'll ask for a speedy trial so that the families won't have to keep going through this 3 or 4 years from now!!

I absolutely agree with all this! If someone is going to post about DNA facts the very least they can do is actually educate themselves on the subject. If you study DNA at all you know that it doesn’t matter in the least how you got pointed to the suspect. All that matters is that you have a positive match with the DNA evidence from the crime. It’s science but it isn’t rocket science! LOL.

That’s not true. “Only a guilty man keeps quiet and wants an attorney”

Only a fool would not get an attorney facing 2 capital murder charges.

I’m glad to see this thread become “lively” again.

Now, back to business:

It is easily to assume that OPD has more to bring to the table than a singular DNA match. I believe that for sure. The DA would not pin his one bite of the prosecution Apple and suffer a case of failed attempt at conviction. This is obvious and will be revealed post indictment.

While we patiently wait for the discovery package that will come, I have a couple of questions if anyone has a definitive answer.

1. Does anyone know mr. McRaney’s occupational specialty was in the Air Force??
It could be insignificant or otherwise.

2. There has been a number of statements and disclosure that Mr. McCraney is employed as a truck driver. Does anyone have credible information regarding his employment 1997-2000? This also may or may not be significant.

Thank you everyone in advance for their objective views. It’s good to see activity here again. Don’t stay gone so long you rascals.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with all this! If someone is going to post about DNA facts the very least they can do is actually educate themselves on the subject. If you study DNA at all you know that it doesn’t matter in the least how you got pointed to the suspect. All that matters is that you have a positive match with the DNA evidence from the crime. It’s science but it isn’t rocket science! LOL.

Thanks for the post. In all of the crimes here I am very sorry for the victims and it is unfortunate that I have to be saying that the man held for these crimes is innocent in my opinion. That is life and that is crime cases. If I were innocent I would want someone sticking up for me. I am not a scientist but I have studied crime cases a lot and in my opinion for a rather strange reason I know more about some cases than anyone else and because of this I know there have been misidentifications through the DNA genealogy processes correctly being used. In this respect it is not a straight forward DNA match and in my lay man's terms I would say this is because the processes used are poor science and allow the DNA to mislead. I do not think the article I quoted is poor journalism but good journalism and it is poor journalism where people do not critically examine the facts. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member