CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #52 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope PF does not get out. On some technicality, regarding lack of a body. There should be plenty of evidence from the "Rodeo Queen" for him to be put away for life.

It would be crushing if he was released from prison and able to get custody of Baby K.

I hope PF does not get out. On some technicality, regarding lack of a body. There should be plenty of evidence from the "Rodeo Queen" for him to be put away for life.

It would be crushing if he was released from prison and able to get custody of Baby K.
Pretty sure he is going nowhere. KK isn’t going anywhere either in her future. She is just lucky not to be locked up.

I was wishing and hoping sweet Baby K had a wonderful HAPPY EASTER with the Berreth family. I can just see her carrying a little basket and playing with her plastic eggs. And I hope PF sits and rots in his cell thinking about how he’ll never get to enjoy holidays and BabyK’s life events as she grows up. JMOO. HAPPY EASTER BABY K.

I agree. One thing to be grateful for in this case: PF didn't get bail.

He was arrested four months ago yesterday. Four months with no contact with Baby K and no sign he'll be out or have access to her any time soon. Four months with her growing up and learning more about her world. It's tragic that her mother is not with her; it is great that her father isn't with her. She's young enough that she probably won't ever have any personal memories of PF or SF. That's a good thing, IMO.

Precisely why I want to be a fly. I'm not privy to recordings :)

I agree. I imagine he and SF talked some about ranchette matters, but by now I assume his businesses are essentially dead: cattle, dog training, farrier. Do they talk about Baby K? Just day-to-day local gossip? Do they both pretend he's innocent and talk about what they'll do as this 'nasty business' is out of the way?

I'm sure PF isn't going to talk to SF about KK, but I imagine he's dying to know where she is and what she's up to.

I watched the terrible video when CW confessed to his father that he had killed SW. Do folks here think that SF has asked PF directly whether or not he killed KB? Or do folks think they just continue to pretend that in spite of the evidence, he's innocent?

If SF did ask PF, do folks think PF would answer honestly? CW initially told his dad the truth about SW but not about the little girls. Would PF tell his mom half the truth, maybe claim he just panicked and cleaned up?

Some days, I wish I were an insignificant little fly.....on the wall of Teller County Jail.....in the visitation area :)

Yes! Being a fly on the wall of the visitation area of the jail would be great, wouldn't it?
Especially a tsetse fly, which as we all know has a nasty bite.

All other things being equal though, I'd rather be a mosquito on the wall at the Teller Co. Jail.
Mosquitos can bite more than once, and they're also known to transmit such awful diseases as malaria and dengue fever.

It would be great to be able to listen in, but if I were an insect, I'd probably want to take a more active role during the visits.

That's just me, though.

I agree. I imagine he and SF talked some about ranchette matters, but by now I assume his businesses are essentially dead: cattle, dog training, farrier. Do they talk about Baby K? Just day-to-day local gossip? Do they both pretend he's innocent and talk about what they'll do as this 'nasty business' is out of the way?

I'm sure PF isn't going to talk to SF about KK, but I imagine he's dying to know where she is and what she's up to.

I watched the terrible video when CW confessed to his father that he had killed SW. Do folks here think that SF has asked PF directly whether or not he killed KB? Or do folks think they just continue to pretend that in spite of the evidence, he's innocent?

If SF did ask PF, do folks think PF would answer honestly? CW initially told his dad the truth about SW but not about the little girls. Would PF tell his mom half the truth, maybe claim he just panicked and cleaned up?

BBM:

I think there's a strict, "Don't ask, don't tell" policy in that household.

That doesn't mean everybody and their brother doesn't know.
My sense is his family knows better than to ask PF too many questions.
That way, they have plausible deniability.

"Tacit understanding" is the phrase that comes to mind.

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes! Being a fly on the wall of the visitation area of the jail would be great, wouldn't it?
Especially a tsetse fly, which as we all know has a nasty bite.

All other things being equal though, I'd rather be a mosquito on the wall at the Teller Co. Jail.
Mosquitos can bite more than once, and they're also known to transmit such awful diseases as malaria and dengue fever.

It would be great to be able to listen in, but if I were an insect, I'd probably want to take a more active role during the visits.

That's just me, though.
Alright then, how about I listen and you bite :)

Last edited:

Good questions! I'd lean toward them talking about how KK did it as I can't imagine PF admitting to killing her that way. Even if SF asked him directly, I don't think he'd come clean. He can't possibly claim it was a "heat of the moment" event either given KK's revelation of solicitation, although I'm not convinced (yet) that she was solicited. I am convinced that it was planned for months. JMT.

One more... :)

MAR 7, 2019
Warrants reveal cell phone evidence in Frazee case
[...]

With help from Verizon, police were able to track both of their phone locations on Thanksgiving Day.

A figure developed after securing a warrant for Frazee’s phone and Verizon records for both his and Berreth’s phones showed how police tracked the devices appearing to travel together. Around 5 p.m., the phones both ping off the same tower in Florissant. They were traveling southwest, from Woodland Park, heading toward Frazee’s residence.

cell-phone-figure-1024x576.jpg

The figure above shows their rates of travel, which police were able to calculate when they received information on each phone’s response time to the tower. Berreth’s phone is the arc on the left, and Frazee’s is the larger arc on the right.

“That’s how you get that arc that shows that approximately that cell phone is, you know, a mile, a mile-and-a-half away from that tower,” Pfoff said.

Then, there’s evidence of a plot in text messages police obtained between Berreth and Frazee’s phones.

shared-texts-1024x576.jpg

[...]

Using the location data, police have now determined this was a plan Frazee developed to distance himself as a murder suspect, something Pfoff said can be common in this type of case.

“Based on this, his plan is clearly to show that she’s still alive much later than she was. That’s pretty obvious.”
That is actually a false statement. The figure shows nothing about rates of travel , and if the police calculated rates of travel they did not disclose it. The very definition of rate of travel is velocity or speed, and there is nothing in the search warrants about it.

The figure and text shown is repeated in many search warrants, one is the top of page 15 in SW18-112.

The longer teal arc band represents all points 1.26 miles from the Florissant tower in that sector for PF's phone RTT hit at 4:49:45. The teal arc band only crosses Hwy24 at one point (near the bottom)

The shorter red arc band represents all points .44 miles from the Florissant tower in that sector for KB's phone RTT hit at 4:50:33. The red arc only crosses Hwy24 at one point (near the top).

The driving distance on Hwy24 between those two points is 1.2 miles per Google and Mapquest. This section of Hwy24 is two lanes, no passing, no shoulders, blasted out rock face or guard rail, with yellow warning signs about curves. The reasonable speed or rate of travel is 45 mph. There is Google Street View available. Sunset on 11/22 was at 4:41PM so it was also after dark in the forested mountains.

PF only has 48 seconds between pings, his phone at 4:49:45 and KB's phone at 4:50:33. To convert 48 seconds to minutes, 48secs/60secs per min = .8mins

How fast would PF need to go to support the stated LE contention that the phones were moving together going west on Hwy24 toward PF's residence?

Formula:
actual miles/actual minutes x 60mph = actual mph

1.2/.8 x 60 = 90mph

90mph would be the rate of travel... if the phones were moving together... which must be why they never actually mention it.

MOO

Last edited:
That is actually a false statement. The figure shows nothing about rates of travel , and if the police calculated rates of travel they did not disclose it. The very definition of rate of travel is velocity or speed, and there is nothing in the search warrants about it.

The figure and text shown is repeated in many search warrants, one is the top of page 15 in SW18-112.

The longer teal arc band represents all points 1.26 miles from the Florissant tower in that sector for PF's phone RTT hit at 4:49:45. The teal arc band only crosses Hwy24 at one point (near the bottom)

The shorter red arc band represents all points .44 miles from the Florissant tower in that sector for KB's phone RTT hit at 4:50:33. The red arc only crosses Hwy24 at one point (near the top).

The driving distance on Hwy24 between those two points is 1.2 miles per Google and Mapquest. This section of Hwy24 is two lanes, no passing, no shoulders, blasted out rock face or guard rail, with yellow warning signs about curves. The reasonable speed or rate of travel is 45 mph. There is Google Street View available. Sunset on 11/22 was at 4:41PM so it was also after dark in the forested mountains.

PF only has 48 seconds between pings, his phone at 4:49:45 and KB's phone at 4:50:33. To convert 48 seconds to minutes, 48secs/60secs per min = .8mins

How fast would PF need to go to support the stated LE contention that the phones were moving together going west on Hwy24 toward PF's residence?

Formula:
actual miles/actual minutes x 60mph = actual mph

1.2/.8 x 60 = 90mph

90mph would be the rate of travel... if the phones were moving together... which must be why they never actually mention it.

MOO

So what's you point? Who are you trying to prove wrong -- the forensic expert or News 5 's Sam Kraemer?

The search warrant is not the place for the forensic expert testify -- that will come at trial.

Warrants reveal cell phone evidence in Frazee case

Cell phone information also helped police determine Frazee was lying to them. He said he last saw Berreth on Thanksgiving, after she was spotted at the Woodland Park Safeway. Frazee said his last contact with her was via text on Nov. 25.

Mark Pfoff, a former El Paso County Sheriff’s Office detective and current owner of Rocky Mountain Computer Forensics, has spoken to News 5 about the importance of cell phone analytics in the case. He said it proves some inconsistencies in Frazee’s story.

“I think the records very clearly show that the story he gave law enforcement is not accurate,” Pfoff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks