Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning,

I’m caught up in all the threads except this one, just saw this and wanted to post, sorry if already posted:

Wth?

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

“A sketch police believe may depict the face of the killer behind the 2017 slayings of two girls in Indiana and that was released to the public on Monday was actually drawn two years ago -- just days after the victim's bodies were discovered.”

Snip

“The sketch artist with ISP who drew the face, Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, told the Indianapolis Star the picture presented as being new Monday had in fact been drawn Feb. 17, 2017, three days after the bodies of the two girls were discovered.

In vague terms, Bryant told the Star the image was based on the description of a man by a witness who reported seeing something they felt needed to be reported. The sketch is a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."

Back to the theory of something like a knee braces or something else under his pants.

Watch the video and stop it when he raises his right leg up. That is the point where his jeans tighten around the thigh and there is a pronounced long object that runs clear down from top of his leg to his knee.

Same when you stop the video on the other leg. Stop it when he raises his left leg up. Again we see a long object stick looking object that runs down to his knee.

It cant be just his jeans buckling because the jeans are tight up against the leg when he raises his legs up. And that is when the objects are seen the best under the pants.
Its when the jeans are pulled tight against the leg when he raises his leg up.

IMO there is something under those pants on both legs and they look the same. So either leg or knee braces or he is hiding two long handled objects (one in each leg) and the handles are going down his pant legs. I tend to think its knee or leg braces of some sort.

Or artificial legs altogether and could be why LE has not suspected this guy. If he normally is in a wheelchair with no artificial legs on. I know that seems far fetched but its something I have considered in the past because of how hard it is to arrest this guy.

Im going with knee or leg braces at the moment. I dont think its just the jeans folding awkwardly because both legs have the exact same depressioned object underneath when he raises his legs up.

Delphi, Indiana murders: Police release new video, sketch and audio of suspect in killings of Abigail Williams, Liberty German
Ok please bear with me here
That to me looks like a police issue side handled baton inside his trousers and the reason his hand is higher on one side than the other is that he is holding the side handle of the baton
Personally I think that the perpetrator is either related to or the family of LE
Or is LE
The chief of police giving the press conference is full of anxiety like he has learned something very personal and it’s shaking him up
Further more, the use of the word ‘guys’ is typically a police word so that say a handful of girls / boys or men/women do not have to be collectively broken down into sexes ie . Come along girls and boys
Instead it’s easier and accepted to say ‘come along guys’ without it being deemed derogatory or offensive to the female sex
Clearly the family of the girls have been told more than has been released that very morning hence the request to let them process the information
And the wording of the perpetrator could be in the room right now and wants to be close to the investigation could mean a police officer
Or it could be a relative of a male or female police officer or police support staff member.
All MOO
See picture of a side handle baton

Attachments

• 94B3C015-6939-4729-BCD5-CEE307B49BCC.png
    94B3C015-6939-4729-BCD5-CEE307B49BCC.png
    252.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Regarding BG leaving the phone, I agree he may have felt rushed or maybe was even spooked by something (heard a person walking on the trail or something?)

Also, though, I wonder if he figured it would be safer to leave any phones (not knowing it was actually recording him) so they couldn't trace/track the phone if he brought it with him. Most people have heard of the police being able to trace phones, and he may have just figured, leaving it there would only make it "ping" in the area of the trails and not possibly implicate him? MOO Of course, little did he know she was recording him! I believe when the attack began, she shoved the phone in her pocket and it was not visible to him.

To me sounds more of an expression of his personal belief in the afterlife

Yes I agree with this. At first that line was a head-scratcher but after thinking a moment, what else could it be? There’s nowhere else the girls could be “now.”

So an expression of belief in Heaven, his own belief that he thinks is shared by many of the people in attendance & throughout the town. Given all the religious references, a belief he thinks or hopes BG holds too IMO.

I'm not the original poster, but I think I know what he means. The sketch looks like the Hollywood stereotype of a college-aged kid in a frat house: clean cut, young, kind of blandly handsome...

I didn't mean much more than just this. I think he looks like he is smirking in the photo. I am not saying that I think the actual suspect is a college kid. Although, if he is, he'll be home in about "two weeks...."

I find it possible that the phone filming him could have been the trigger for some kind of psychosis or paranoia, but why the phone and video were left behind puzzles me.

BG may have been savvy enough to know that he wouldn't want the phone on his person because it could be tracked via pings. But not savvy enough to notice he was being filmed and/or recorded.

Yes I agree with this. At first that line was a head-scratcher but after thinking a moment, what else could it be? There’s nowhere else the girls could be “now.”

So an expression of belief in Heaven, his own belief that he thinks is shared by many of the people in attendance & throughout the town. Given all the religious references, a belief he thinks or hopes BG holds too IMO.

He also could be speaking directly to the killer if he was contacted (as theorized recently by another poster) to mention "XYZ" in a PC and he'd think about turning himself in. Unlikely, but possible I guess. He could have wanted Carter to tell the world how the victims were posed and there's no way Carter is going to do that so he said what he said to make that clear.

That to me looks like a police issue side handled baton inside his trousers and the reason his hand is highly on one side than the other is that he is holding the side handle of the baton
Personally I think that the perpetrator is either related to or the family of LE
Or is LE
The chief of police giving the press conference is full of anxiety like he has learned something very personal and it’s sting him up
Further more, the use of the word ‘guys’ is typically a police word so that say a handful of girls / boys or men/women do not have to be collectively broken down into sexes ie . Come along girls and boys
Instead it’s easier and accepted to say ‘come along guys’ without it being deemed derogatory or offensive to the female sex
Clearly the family of the girls have been told more than is that very morning hence the request to let them process the information
And the wording of the perpetrator could be in the room right now and wants to be closed to the investigation could mean a police
Or it could be a relative of a male or female police officer or police support staff member.
All MOO

Teachers will also use the word " guys" when addressing a class or a group of students. " Guys, you have 5 more minutes to clean up before we have to leave for the school assembly" type of comments.

Just a thought— based on PC comments I strongly suspect LE has a specific person of interest and that someone has talked to Carter on several occasions not as a suspect but as a person w/explanable interest and access (politician, clergy, etc). what if that person recommended “The Shack” to him as a source of spiritual comfort. By saying “I watched the Shack this weekend” the suspect knows LE is onto them, and when Carter says “to the killer” he understands Carter is addressing the comment to him personally.

I thought of this as well and think it's a decent theory now that I've learned what the story is about.

I finally took the time to look up a 2015 press conference regarding Amanda Blackburn's murder in Indianapolis. When the Delphi PC was announced last week, I was reminded of pressers in the Blackburn case, which were handled similarly, with a lot of hype and open to the public. What's more, ISP Supt. Doug Carter's words to the perp really rang familiar, so I googled. Seems my hunch was correct. It was Carter I was recalling from the Blackburn case, where he presented in a similar manner. His words were chillingly direct.

"To those responsible for killing Amanda: We are coming. And I hope it's not long," he said.

Sources say Amanda Blackburn was sexually assaulted

I believe it also was Carter who, in a different Blackburn PC, said words to the effect that, "we will find you."

Those of us following closely sensed that something significant was taking place behind the scenes, just as many watching this case. Turned out we were right.

Now, what I can relate that might be of interest here, is that at the time of this particular PC, LE was very close to zeroing in on the killers. Another woman had been attacked and raped in her home, but survived, not so long before Amanda was murdered. Her account and crime scene evidence, added to other evidence amassed by top notch investigators, led to charges in Amanda's murder. But until the pieces were cemented in place, LE couldn't show their hand.

Having followed at least a few Indiana/Indianapolis cases, but particularly the Amanda Blackburn murder, I have tremendous respect for the Indiana State Police, (as well as IMPD). Without a doubt, they are working diligently to bring the Delphi killer to justice.

I wonder if there was another recent attempted kidnapping in Delphi on a child similar in age, and maybe the perpetrator mentioned Abby and Libby and the victim was able to give a sketch and then the lightbulb went off that the "new" sketch they've had all along looks more like BG.

That to me looks like a police issue side handled baton inside his trousers and the reason his hand is highly on one side than the other is that he is holding the side handle of the baton
Or is LE
The chief of police giving the press conference is full of anxiety like he has learned something very personal and it’s sting him up
Clearly the family of the girls have been told more than is that very morning hence the request to let them process the information
And the wording of the perpetrator could be in the room right now and wants to be closed to the investigation could mean a police
All MOO
I agree. I think there might be a LE connection, perhaps the son of an officer, an aspiring officer......
If he in fact resides on Delphi, why no arrest. Based on census reports, there’d be about 600 Caucasian men, imo.
It can’t be that difficult to alibi them. Some might have been on vacation, hospitalized, or incarcerated, they could be ruled out immediately. Then determine if remaining males were at work, and so forth.
Idk why, I have always felt one, if not both girls knew BG.
I hope not, I hope someone they liked & perhaps trusted, did not murder them. Moo

More thoughts I have today...
  • I do not believe BG is significantly physically disabled or impaired. Given Libby's photo of Abby on the bridge with no one behind her, and the location BG is seen in her video (using the forked tree as a reference point), I believe he would have had to be able to move relatively unhindered across the unstable bridge to reach the girls as quickly as he did.
  • I believe that LE has more video of BG, at least to some extent, and that if they believed him to walk with a noticeable impairment, they would have made mention of it in the press conference instead of specifying that his gait is altered by the bridge's condition.
  • Something in police work has changed enough that BG is no longer a suspect or person of interest in the case, but has been definitively announced as the killer. What evidence could be found that could now, two years later, definitively points to BG without a shadow of a doubt?

• Remember that for two years LE was very specific not to directly call him the murderer. Something is different now. There is a heavy legal implication behind using this term.

• Police have had both sketches since the early days of the investigation. Something has changed enough now that they have decided to release the second sketch. They have also very deliberately not excluded the first sketch from evidence, citing it as secondary. It has not been discarded or discounted. There is a reason for this as well.

Teachers will also use the word " guys" when addressing a class or a group of students. " Guys, you have 5 more minutes to clean up before we have to leave for the school assembly" type of comments.

Also, the school was closed that day. So school teachers and workers etc would likely be off work that day too, right?

Go talk to LE take a plea. Stop this madness. The song “praying” by Kesha comes to mind.
“I hope you’re somewhere praying.., some things only God can forgive”
I hope you're somewhere prayin',
I hope your soul is changin',
I hope you find your peace
Falling on your knees, prayin'

Maybe more audio cannot be released because of disgusting words.

Agree!
IMO... he uses vulgarity immediately after GIRLS and produces a weapon from his right side. I believe the police added that noise so the words/ vulgar threat can’t be heard.
He seems to be walking with left hand in his pocket, but the right hand is changing positions.

I wonder if BG was wearing some type of disguise on his face, not anything major but maybe some fake facial hair and make up and that is what led to the first sketch and also led to the girls to start video taping him because they could tell and he looked creepy. The second sketch could show what he may look like without the make up. This is just MOO nothing I heard. This would help explain the 2 different looks
If the first sketch is from a witness and the second is based on the video, it could just amount to a faulty memory on the part of the witness or errors introduced by the software used to clean up the video. The sketches could be the same person, but the differences are significant; it's like Bam Margera morphed into Ryan Phillipe.

There was no officially organized search that evening, by that I mean there was no sense of immediate danger for the girls, no sense of urgency on the part of LE and the searchers, really. It was more of a haphazard search, in a way. Little local LE, family and friends, volunteer FD folks, etc. An Amber Alert out of Gary was a bigger story. A&L going missing made the 11PM news out of Indy, but there was no sense they had been in danger. Same for the 5AM news out of Indy the next morning.

Yes I remember this too - for the first night the vague sense was that they’d possibly run off on their own or some other explanation that didn’t require alarm bells.

That’s why the early quotes from EG Mike Patty may have more credibility than later stuff - spontaneous, unplanned utterances, like that the phone was ‘pinging all over town.’ Not that that’s necessarily true, there could’ve been one or two pings from nearby tower(s) contemporaneous to the crime, which someone from LE described to MP in exaggerated terms to reassure him that the girls would be found safe MOO. Because back then everyone assumed they would be, so speaking casually & offhand didn’t seem like a problem.

For some reason the case caught my attention right away, maybe because the two little softball-playing best friends were just so adorable. There was optimism about it & people spoke freely. Lots of info about the case back then. Two years later, who knows how much of it matters.

Recently a man threw a child over a railing of a shopping centre and his reason was he went there specifically “looking for someone to kill,”
The deranged suspect “acknowledged repeatedly in his interview that he had planned and intended to kill someone at the mall that day and that he was aware that what he was doing was wrong,” the complaint said.
Man who threw boy from shopping centre balcony went looking for his victim

BG might not have needed an intelligent motive, just murderous intent. Just because.

Regarding BG leaving the phone, I agree he may have felt rushed or maybe was even spooked by something (heard a person walking on the trail or something?)

Also, though, I wonder if he figured it would be safer to leave any phones (not knowing it was actually recording him) so they couldn't trace/track the phone if he brought it with him. Most people have heard of the police being able to trace phones, and he may have just figured, leaving it there would only make it "ping" in the area of the trails and not possibly implicate him? MOO Of course, little did he know she was recording him! I believe when the attack began, she shoved the phone in her pocket and it was not visible to him.

Or he threw it in nearby water and expected it would be ruined by the time it was found. I’m wondering if the audio we have is what’s been able to be retrieved from the wet phone. Anyone know how long a cell phone can sit in water and how data is retrieved if it’s been water damaged? I don’t get the impression the video and audio were filmed at the same time. Right? He’s not saying “guys down the hill” while he’s walking, is he? (Sorry if it’s been discussed). I think she snap chatted what was supposed to be a photo but it was one of those live pics that videos the first few seconds of the shot. And that’s the footage we get. I think the audio was filmed in a different moment and her phone was in her pocket. I did hear screams when I listened on headphones, much to my horror, so maybe he grabbed her phone in that moment she was recording him and tossed it into the creek. All my opinion and speculation! Just throwing out ideas and what my mind’s eye sees/hears, bc that’s all I got right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard