OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for something else but found another thing that changed in 2014. Could be nothing, but it's the same year of the mortgage and the new business entities being set up.

"Flying W service mark (which is the Winged W that is embossed on the gates and on their trucks and other equipment) was registered with the Ohio Secretary of State in April 1984. It was not renewed and canceled in 2014. According to the registration for the mark, it was first used in 1961."

Think about this too, the rooms/halls of most trailers are small and fairly confined so to drag/move them with that much blood and DNA... HOW IS THERE NOTHING ? How do you maneuver a crime scene in such a small space and leave no blood trace, no DNA, no hair, no nothing behind? Soooo frustrating lol.

And moving the bodies of two grown men is not as easy as it looks on t.v. either. It's not the same as moving a living human. They had to be pouring sweat in those close quarters. Then they had to go through and get the equipment.

I'm starting to think they did go to Alaska or at least some where North and were questioned and searched up there. We have heard LE spent a significant amount of time in Alaska. Brown stated they dropped the trailers off a week before. Maybe like you mentioned they mistakenly thought they were being discreet.

I also wonder if two trips was an effort to take a smaller item or two and hide it (until they moved) or dump it (permanently) in Alaska "while looking for a place". A vehicle with what looks like tourists rolling through doesn't stick out to border agents like trailers overflowing with toys and such.

What may have surprised the Wagners was the law was both ahead of and behind them the whole time.

Just a possiblity
There was BCI agent who followed them and spent a year in Alaska watching them

I was looking for something else but found another thing that changed in 2014. Could be nothing, but it's the same year of the mortgage and the new business entities being set up.

"Flying W service mark (which is the Winged W that is embossed on the gates and on their trucks and other equipment) was registered with the Ohio Secretary of State in April 1984. It was not renewed and canceled in 2014. According to the registration for the mark, it was first used in 1961."

Tiff, I just found this today while googling one of the names that started the FWF. You may find it interesting. IDK.

FLYING V ENTERPRISES, LLC ... FLYING WHEELS - Ohio business directory.

Yep, just one more lie on behalf of the Ws. JMO I sincerely believe they have distorted the Truth all their lives. I wonder who or what made them so evil. JMO

Think about this too, the rooms/halls of most trailers are small and fairly confined so to drag/move them with that much blood and DNA... HOW IS THERE NOTHING ? How do you maneuver a crime scene in such a small space and leave no blood trace, no DNA, no hair, no nothing behind? Soooo frustrating lol.

Who says they left none of that? Just wondering if you have a link to a source or if this is your opinion. TY

Spring is the time that seem to be when bodies are found too. It's getting warm, the undergrowth isn't thick, and people are out mushrooming, 4-wheeling, hiking, fishing, and... you can see things you normally would not. Give it about four to six weeks and the undergrowth will be thick again.

SNOW...... Snow melts and "things" show up. There was a murder that occurred just a few years ago (true story) where the killer ditched the murder weapon (rifle) in the snow. Then the murderer couldn't find the rifle!

When the SNOW MELTED a person saw the rifle near their driveway and called LE. The forensic ballistics that was done, identified it as the murder weapon. (The bullet in the victim was forensically identified as coming from that specific rifle.) The murderer is now in prison..... This is from Snapped, a true show about women who murder. Women who usually have no criminal history, but then for various reasons, commit murder.....:eek:.....:(

Last edited:
LM wouldn't go around CR1? I've read a couple different quotes from him that made me wonder if he did, or if he didn't.

Leonard Manley says he didn't often visit the Rhoden properties......

Authorities have said they found marijuana grow sites at three of the four homicide locations, as well as evidence of *advertiser censored* fighting. Manley maintains he does not know anything about any marijuana growing, saying Monday he did not often visit Rhoden’s properties.
“I didn’t have no reason to go down there,” he said.

********But he was involved with Chris Sr on a pretty regular basis********

Manley said he would help Chris Rhoden Sr. repair cars he bought at auctions. Often, he said, the cars wouldn’t need a lot of work and were not difficult to fix and resell for a tidy profit.

Other times, Rhoden would rely on area body shops. “He took them all over creation to get them fixed,” Manley said.

Just this year, Manley drove cars to Columbus, Jackson and Cincinnati to be inspected and to get the necessary paperwork so they could be resold.

He said he was paid $50 for each trip.

Why the Rhoden Family Had So Many Cars - National Oil & Lube News

Leonard Manley says he didn't often visit the Rhoden properties......

Authorities have said they found marijuana grow sites at three of the four homicide locations, as well as evidence of *advertiser censored* fighting. Manley maintains he does not know anything about any marijuana growing, saying Monday he did not often visit Rhoden’s properties.
“I didn’t have no reason to go down there,” he said.

********But he was involved with Chris Sr on a pretty regular basis********

Manley said he would help Chris Rhoden Sr. repair cars he bought at auctions. Often, he said, the cars wouldn’t need a lot of work and were not difficult to fix and resell for a tidy profit.

Other times, Rhoden would rely on area body shops. “He took them all over creation to get them fixed,” Manley said.

Just this year, Manley drove cars to Columbus, Jackson and Cincinnati to be inspected and to get the necessary paperwork so they could be resold.

He said he was paid $50 for each trip.

Why the Rhoden Family Had So Many Cars - National Oil & Lube News

Thanks CC! That's them, and just found the last one;

LM; "I didn't know anything about it [drugs]. We were a loving family.'
Fighting back tears, he said: 'My daughter would give you the shirt off her back. Everybody loved her. She didn't deserve this.
'She loved her kids. She would have died for them. She worked everyday.
'The rest of the family [her children] all seemed to be good…but I don't know about the rest of them [the other victims]."

Grandfather of Ohio massacre victims claims police are ignoring 'road rage' attack | Daily Mail Online

DR did have an "It's Complicated" relationship status. Maybe LM and CR1's relationship ebbed and flowed, with CR1's and DR's., and he might just not have known GR and KR as well.

I do not want to offend anyone from Pike County but isn't there a lot of dead bodies turning up in and around that small area?

I live in a small town. We had one murder in 1926 ( a man shot another man over his wife) one murder in 1952 ( a man shot his wife) and another murder 63 years later in 2015 ( two men killed an older man while robbing him.) All were solved in a matter of hours. No dead bodies have ever turned up.

It just seems unusual all these murders and dead bodies turning up in a sparsely populated area like Pike county.

JMO
I live here in pike co. And I agree with you wholeheartedly. When we moved here we thought we were moving away from all of the violence of the city, but I am not sure what we have moved into the middle of. LE accused of various cover ups etc, murders and dead bodies, missing people constantly.

Last edited:
Yep, just one more lie on behalf of the Ws. JMO I sincerely believe they have distorted the Truth all their lives. I wonder who or what made them so evil. JMO

I don't feel it is necessarily a lie. For some reason after all those years, in 2014, they just didn't renew the trademark for marketing or advertising purposes. Like several have said, it just seems something was changing in 2014.

https://bizimage.sos.state.oh.us/api/image/pdf/201412200194

I live here in pike co. And I agree with you wholeheartedly. When we moved here we thought we were moving away from all of the violence of the city, but I am not sure what we have moved into the middle of. LE accused of various cover ups etc, murders and dead bodies, missing people constantly.
This puts me in mind of an article I read about a mountain town in Tennessee in the 90s. It had a fairly high murder rate. I remember someone was quoted as saying something like “But there’s always a good reason for murders here.” What they meant was that, at that time, you were unlikely to experience random violent (like murder during a robbery) because 90% of the murders happened due to very specific circumstances like family grudges. In other words, outsiders were safe to visit (it was a county that has very popular hiking trails). I was still creeped out when we went hiking there, though.

She saw a “bunch of blood in the front room,’’ and what looked like drag marks in blood from there to a back bedroom.

“I yelled Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden!’’ she recalled, and ran to Chris Rhoden's bedroom.

That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his back. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his back. He was dead, as well.

Pike County: 'I was not leaving those babies in there'

She pounded on the door, calling for Frankie or for Brentley to open the door for “Aunt Jo.’

The toddler unlocked the door and let her in.

“I said: ‘Where is your daddy? Where is your daddy?'’’ she said. “He pointed to the bedroom.”

That’s when she discovered her nephew and his fiancee dead in bed. She said Frankie Rhoden, who was lying on his back, had a black left eye, but she couldn’t tell where they had been shot: "There was just all that blood in the middle of the bed."

She said she did not see any guns or shell casings in that trailer, either, but did see a window in that bedroom was wide open, she said.

This puts me in mind of an article I read about a mountain town in Tennessee in the 90s. It had a fairly high murder rate. I remember someone was quoted as saying something like “But there’s always a good reason for murders here.” What they meant was that, at that time, you were unlikely to experience random violent (like murder during a robbery) because 90% of the murders happened due to very specific circumstances like family grudges. In other words, outsiders were safe to visit (it was a county that has very popular hiking trails). I was still creeped out when we went hiking there, though.
Well I would say you are right about the outsiders being mostly safe, we really don't know anyone, not even neighbors, as next neighbor is say a couple miles away through the woods. I feel like an outsider and that is probably a good thing!

Thank you Fletcher..;)..We now know what that evidence is, B's interview from Nationwide Children's Hospital-- Child Advocacy Center in Columbus. So I checked to see if CR, B's mom, said something about it and she did:
".....By 5 p.m., Brentley was tired and hungry. He left for home with his mom when she got a call from the BCI to take her son to Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, where he was interviewed.
"They let him draw it out,'' she said. "It kind of looked like scribbles. But the way he talked, he didn't really seem to see anything."
That was the last time authorities have spoken with Brentley. She gave a statement that night, and then a couple weeks later police also took DNA from her -- routine in such cases..... "
Pike County 3-year-old: 'I picked up daddy's hand, and it just fell'

****** There could be something important on that video ******

Ah, thank you, Cool Cats, for the link. I agree. Positive he provided a clue LE could use, or they wouldn't have included the interview in AW's Discovery.

Jmo but a nephew of one of the property searches in 2016. The uncle was in prison and they searched his property for remains. The nephew has been missing since Dec Jmo

Very sad, but I don't see any way this is connected to the Rhoden Murders 3 years ago. The case against the Wagner's is airtight, JMO

I don't feel it is necessarily a lie. For some reason after all those years, in 2014, they just didn't renew the trademark for marketing or advertising purposes. Like several have said, it just seems something was changing in 2014.

https://bizimage.sos.state.oh.us/api/image/pdf/201412200194

We've reviewed murder rates in the past for Pike County. I'm not where I can easily link them, but they're available through basic internet search. We found in the years leading up to the Rhoden Murders, the murder rate per 100,000 population was pretty low. Many years saw no murders, others just a few. If data from the past 2 years shows a big increase, its worth a look. If not, it doesn't seem fair or helpful to make it seem Pike County has a lot of murders.

We've reviewed murder rates in the past for Pike County. I'm not where I can easily link them, but they're available through basic internet search. We found in the years leading up to the Rhoden Murders, the murder rate per 100,000 population was pretty low. Many years saw no murders, others just a few. If data from the past 2 years shows a big increase, its worth a look. If not, it doesn't seem fair or helpful to make it seem Pike County has a lot of murders.

Betty- I'm a bit lost. I was talking about the Flying W Trademark in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288