Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification...so the inquest will only ever resume if no one charged ... how do they decide at what point to revert back to inquest?

The cases going back to 2011 are they still adjourned as no one has ever been charged?

If the police find further information which changes the theory of what happened to her, and her death was actually non-criminal, they may return to inquest if all of the fact-finding has not been completed by the police during investigation. That's the only time. If at some point they are in a position to say, oh ok, there was no third party involvement after all, so no criminal aspect to pursue, we can hand this one back to the coroner to conclude then.

The 2011 cases are still adjourned because the investigation is huge. The 4 deaths were as a result of an explosion at an oil refinery, so masses of investigation on all aspects to be carried out. They've even flown in experts from the US

I wonder if the police read our posts here!
It sounds as if they are still waiting for some forensic results.
The public help could be the four people they have previously appealed to come foward.

Hmmmm
Not sure what to make of the update.
I’ll take it as a positive that they’re being as thorough as is needed.
Was the update only released through MSM?
I’ve had a look at Humberside Police but can’t see it there ?

Police issue new statement on Libby Squire investigation

Police investigating the death of Hull student Libby Squire have released a short update as they continue with their attempts to find out what happened to the 21-year-old.
I think it's significant that they haven't unlinked PR and left in the statement that he was 'released under investigation' in that case, they are still treating it as homicide and are still appealing for help to find out who was responsible.

So I still wonder if PR acted alone. I wonder if the bits edited out of spidercam show him calling someone. I wonder whether all of the people on the oak road CCTV have come forward and whether any were involved in some way.

Those are just my opinions and questions. But then have just completed the protecting children online course for work so have a particularly unpleasant view of sectors of humanity at the moment.

Hmmmm

As far as I can see, yes but Humberside police webpage and Feb page have quite often been updated after HDM. It could be that HDM specifically, have asked about the status of the investigation and the statement produced in reply.

As far as I can see, yes but Humberside police webpage and Feb page have quite often been updated after HDM. It could be that HDM specifically, have asked about the status of the investigation and the statement produced in reply.

Good thinking bos. Nice to have an update either way.

If the police find further information which changes the theory of what happened to her, and her death was actually non-criminal, they may return to inquest if all of the fact-finding has not been completed by the police during investigation. That's the only time. If at some point they are in a position to say, oh ok, there was no third party involvement after all, so no criminal aspect to pursue, we can hand this one back to the coroner to conclude then.

The 2011 cases are still adjourned because the investigation is huge. The 4 deaths were as a result of an explosion at an oil refinery, so masses of investigation on all aspects to be carried out. They've even flown in experts from the US

Great thanks

Sounds like it doesn't it

Hmmmm

I'm not sure what to make of it either, maybe a hat, or a brooch...

Sounds like "whistling past the graveyard" to me. Not good. No new leads, no new info.

I'm not sure what to make of it either, maybe a hat, or a brooch...

Sounds like "whistling past the graveyard" to me. Not good. No new leads, no new info.

They can hardly say:

“we think she was suffocated but are waiting for tests to establish whether there was haemorrhaging in the inner ear .As soon as that’s clear, we’ll arrange with the Governor of HMP Hull to interview PR” or some such.

This police force have been extremely adept at preserving the integrity of this investigation despite the media threatening to undermine it with CCTV; interviews with family and friends of PR; naming PR when he was arrested and reporting/photographing tools and lip gloss.

They can hardly say:

“we think she was suffocated but are waiting for tests to establish whether there was haemorrhaging in the inner ear .As soon as that’s clear, we’ll arrange with the Governor of HMP Hull to interview PR” or some such.

This police force have been extremely adept at preserving the integrity of this investigation despite the media threatening to undermine it with CCTV; interviews with family and friends of PR; naming PR when he was arrested and reporting/photographing tools and lip gloss.

Well, yes, this is true I suppose. It could be either/or and maybe I should take off my curmudgeonly glasses and cut the police some slack. On the other hand though the longer an information vacuum is left the more chance there is that febrile speculation in the media and on Facebook will attempt to fill it and it's a pity they couldn't have come up with a form of words which was even a bit more positive

So am I correct in thinking that the only part of the article that is the actual police statement is the following...

“Enquiries are ongoing into the death of 21-year-old University of Hull student Libby Squire.

“We continue to investigate Libby’s death as a homicide, with further work and analysis being conducted.”

That to me doesnt connect PR currently to the investigation or rule him out, it simply omits any mention of him.

My opinion only, I think thats a little bit lame on behalf of the police. I completely understand that they are in a very difficult position (particularly if they DO believe its him but are struggling to join the dots), but a part of LE job is to provide reassurance that communities are safe. So they need to either press on and make something stick or warn the public to remain vigilant and broaden their thinking on suspects. As we stand at the moment a young women has been snatched, presumed murdered from a busy road and the most they can come up with is basically, We're working on it.

Its coming up to 3 months since Libby disappeared and PRs arrest and 5 weeks since she was discovered, not meaning to sound negative but this doesnt feel like progress at all.

And everytime I think about how frustrating this all is, brings me back to her family again, their pain and suffering is just unimaginable, an unending nightmare.

I would hope that Libby's family could be being given more information than we are especially as to when they might be able to hold a funeral.
I think the police are sure who is responsible.
they just need the evidence to prove it.
Until they charge some one they can not name them.
I think saying PR is a person of interest is as much information they can give.
some tests do take several weeks.

I really do think it's still a case of they know she was in his car and they know they were near the park but have a very difficult job of proving or more importantly disproving his version of events

I think the police have a difficult one here..especially if the PM inconclusive

I really do think it's still a case of they know she was in his car and they know they were near the park but have a very difficult job of proving or more importantly disproving his version of events

I think the police have a difficult one here..especially if the PM inconclusive

Agreed. The more I read that statement, the more I think HDM contacted Humberside Police for comment rather than the investigation team initiating a press release.

So am I correct in thinking that the only part of the article that is the actual police statement is the following...

“Enquiries are ongoing into the death of 21-year-old University of Hull student Libby Squire.

“We continue to investigate Libby’s death as a homicide, with further work and analysis being conducted.”

That to me doesnt connect PR currently to the investigation or rule him out, it simply omits any mention of him.

My opinion only, I think thats a little bit lame on behalf of the police. I completely understand that they are in a very difficult position (particularly if they DO believe its him but are struggling to join the dots), but a part of LE job is to provide reassurance that communities are safe. So they need to either press on and make something stick or warn the public to remain vigilant and broaden their thinking on suspects. As we stand at the moment a young women has been snatched, presumed murdered from a busy road and the most they can come up with is basically, We're working on it.

Its coming up to 3 months since Libby disappeared and PRs arrest and 5 weeks since she was discovered, not meaning to sound negative but this doesnt feel like progress at all.

And everytime I think about how frustrating this all is, brings me back to her family again, their pain and suffering is just unimaginable, an unending nightmare.
I agree. I don't think they'll be much progress now, unless someone confesses which is highly unlikely.
There hasn't been much progress since they arrested pr, not enough to charge him on, and no new evidence since.
I hope they do find something, but think at this point it's highly unlikely.

I agree. I don't think they'll be much progress now, unless someone confesses which is highly unlikely.
There hasn't been much progress since they arrested pr, not enough to charge him on, and no new evidence since.
I hope they do find something, but think at this point it's highly unlikely.

No new evidence in the public domain doesn’t mean no evidence, I’d say the recovery of Libby’s body was a substantial piece of evidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member