Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother wrote on her facebook timeline

"I love my boys so much.
Austin, A.J & Parker,
I hope you will always know that.

Love, Mom"

Who is Austin?

JC’s oldest son. He was raised by his grandmother (JC’s mother) from the 2013 custody documents yesterday.

JMO

Excellent point, I do think the maternal instinct is strong and they do love their children !!! Yes, many want to be clean.

Drug addiction is mind controlling, it is a reaction of the brain to seek more pleasure thru drugs.

States spend millions of dollars yearly in benefits for drug addiction.
Medicaid will pay for
Detox... 3 days of inpatient to clean up
Medical and psychiatric services
Years of mental health support services but NOT Rehab

What Medicaid will NOT pay for is inpatient REHAB .. I have clients begging for inpatient rehab and only private insurance and Medicare will cover.

Folks want help, they beg for it and it's very hard to near impossible to battle this disease in the same situation/environment that creates it.

The federal government mandated all states provide mental health services that include mental health support-a Qualified Mental Health Professional QMHP up to 3 hours per day 7 days per week. These visits are paid at 160.00 per 3 hours and go on for a lifetime but DO NOT cover inpatient rehab. Mental Health agencies have popped up in every community. I live in a community with 40k population and we have 85 mental health agencies. It is a very, very profitable business. MHA work very hard to keep folks out of jail, most can't pass the legal competency test and go to jail or home waiting for competency clearance. Most states have closed or are closing long term mental hospitals and this leaves these folks on the street. Sometime we wait days for a short term bed in the few mental hospitals left.

My state spends millions to study drug abuse and come up with plans to fix, more counseling, free needle exchange, free NARCAN, on and on. They NEVER include rehab.

Its a complicated mess...., and I'm sure you can feel my frustration.

My mom had a drug addiction and I love her very much. She’s a good person and I know she would never have chosen to go down that path. I have empathy for addicts. It’s not a choice and there’s normally also underlying mental illness that walk hand in hand with addiction. That’s why I’ve been saying since day 1: the biggest criminals here are DCPS. It’s not the parents, IMO. They had SO many warning that these parents were unfit and still did nothing to remove them from the home. As much as I have empathy for addicts, the child’s safety comes first and it was as clear as day that those children were not safe. So yeah, I blame the child protective services the most in this case.

The mom’s Facebook post... telling the 3 boys she loves them very much no matter what. It seems like she confessed.

In a way I wish people are a little easy on the mom. It really does seem like her problems are bigger than just a normal case of child neglect. She’s addicted to opioids, her emotions are stunted, I wouldn’t expect any normal reaction from her. But tbh, her Facebook post seemed genuine.

Who are the.... civilian looking people?
I know of one Facebook page where locals are coming together and searching. They have been asked by several to please contact the police before searching. They said he needs to be found and the community will keep looking until he is. MOO - I get it. There is nothing more important right now than finding A.J. but they could destroy valuable evidence by just going in untrained. I want AJ found but most importantly I want justice for him too. And sadly I believe some of these people are looking for an alive child. I don’t think they are prepared for what they might actually find. To be honest the areas of woods, parks or hunting areas, farm fields, ponds, abandoned buildings are so numerous within a half hour of their home. The PD will need some lead- they need phone location data, someone to talk, or review history of other places they’re comfortable with.

Folks want help, they beg for it and it's very hard to near impossible to battle this disease in the same situation/environment that creates it.

Its a complicated mess...., and I'm sure you can feel my frustration.

SBM

You’re a good egg @Simply Southern
I feel your frustration and you are spot on here. Keep fighting. It matters <3

I have empathy for the mom in this case. She wa
I believe that Facebook post is from 2018.

Oh sorry. Still. I think her situation is so deplorable: urine, feces, needles. This woman was way too deep in her addiction to be able to think clearly and child protective services had not one o two, but multiple chances to act. If you believe addiction is a mental illness and mental illnesses are as severe as physical illnesses, it’s easier to have an ounce of compassion to this entire family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288