Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting for photo:

Hard to watch as evidence technicians brought out a storage tub, 2 paper yard waste bags, a shovel, and a mattress that presumably belongs to missing 5yo. #AJFreund @fox32news

View attachment 180882

Tia A. Ewing on Twitter
I’m guessing he was strangled. No sheet on the mattress that’s usually discarded. Sadly, us websleuthers see this way too many times. It’s never easy the outcome almost always the same.

There was a situation local to me where a very good mother made a minor mistake and her baby was hurt. Not at her hands, just a new mother that made a mistake. She got the baby to the hospital.. this mother was a nurse mind you... the baby ended up fine but CPS wouldn’t release the baby to the mother for days!!!! Treated her like a criminal... yet here we are with a case like this ????? The system sucks!

I wish so much that child protective services had removed him from the home. It is so common that children slip thru the cracks.
I have worked with addicts, and I don't refer to anyone as a "junkie". But many of them do not need custody of their kids at all.
It hurts, but it's the way it is.
Right now my focus is on Andrew.
And where he is and who caused this to happen.
There will be plenty of time later to point fingers where they probably need to be pointed.
Chi

I wish so much that child protective services had removed him from the home. It is so common that children slip thru the cracks.
I have worked with addicts, and I don't refer to anyone as a "junkie". But many of them do not need custody of their kids at all.
It hurts, but it's the way it is.
Right now my focus is on Andrew.
And where he is and who caused this to happen.
There will be plenty of time later to point fingers where they probably need to be pointed.
Chi

upload_2019-4-24_10-34-4.gif Group hug!

There was a situation local to me where a very good mother made a minor mistake and her baby was hurt. Not at her hands, just a new mother that made a mistake. She got the baby to the hospital.. this mother was a nurse mind you... the baby ended up fine but CPS wouldn’t release the baby to the mother for days!!!! Treated her like a criminal... yet here we are with a case like this ????? The system sucks!

I would rather the system be extremely cautious. If it saves one child’s life it’s worth it.

If the father's law license is currently suspended, he would still be able to represent himself in court proceedings, correct?
Hmm good question. I think he is a divorce attorney. If it’s only the mom charged I don’t think he could represent her because conflict of interest anyone?

Just heard about little AJ. I’m disgusted with the conditions these children had to live with. I understand DCF/CPS are overworked and underfunded but FGS if we can’t take care of innocent children what kind of society are we!! Something has to change. These kids have to be rescued. I don’t have a solution but there must be people out there who can figure this out. We need to reorder our priorities, streamline the system and funnel more money to these agencies. This has to end! I am sick to my stomach from reading about yet another “missing” child. Rant over

Hmm good question. I think he is a divorce attorney. If it’s only the mom charged I don’t think he could represent her because conflict of interest anyone?

No, because he may also be a suspect or complicit in the crime. And a potential witness, even though a spouse cannot be compelled to testify against a spouse.

Simone Biles - the American Olympic gold
medalist gymnast was born to a drug addict. She has no idea who her father is and her mom was in jail 27 times while pregnant with her. She and her little sister were both born with opioids in their system. CPS removed them from the mom’s care and took them to a foster home. Their grandparents would visit them and by the time Simone was 5, the grandparents decided to adopt her and her little sister. Guess what? We were awarded with one of the most successful athletes in the world and an amazing young woman. These kids CAN have a shot. A good shot. They are resilient. I just hope and pray that AJ’s brothers get the same opportunity.

I know the focus need to be on AJ and what happened to him but we need to continue to fight for these kids - when the system fails them we need to hold them accountable too. We also need to recognised they do get it right at times too.

I’m just so angry because the police were called into the house in Dec 2018 - that’s 4 months ago. AJ could be in a safe home right now and I just can’t get over that. :(

I don't think he can represent her. He shouldn't have represented her on her divorce case in the first place, that contributed to his suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth