TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched the video over and over and over. I am now wondering if she is actually hanging up the call rather then looking at a text or something before she goes around the corner. She turns her head and her hair drops so you cannot see if she is still talking but she does let the hand holding the phone drop to the side so I think she has definitely disconnected the call. I am also still on the fence about whether she is woozy or not. I think everything looks in slow motion and do wonder if this has something to do with the video. I did recently work in Baltimore City for 6 years so saw lots of folks on the streets with problems so can see similar movements but just not sure if it is the same. Has it been stated if she has had problems with alcohol or drugs? I am curious about what would cause her to walk off the job at lunch? We do not know too much about her job history and she did leave a job at a law firm not long ago which is very curious to me. She has a son to take care of so I would think a job at a law firm would have good benefits, provide better hours and more room for growth than a car dealer. MOO

A Week Later, Still No Leads In Case Of Missing Mesquite Mother | Dallas Informer

"Nearly a week has passed since a North Texas mother was reported missing. And Mesquite police say they are no closer to finding her.

The last sign of Prisma Reyes, 26, is surveillance video outside a Dallas apartment complex Wednesday. Her Jeep Wrangler was found abandoned there. And she never showed to pick up her 6-year-old son.

Mesquite police say they have no new leads and no suspects. In other words, they are no closer to finding Reyes than they were last Wednesday, when she was seen on security video at a Dallas apartment complex."

I finally watched the video and I’m all but certain that Prisma was either under the influence or having a medical event in that surveillance footage. She stumbles over and over and eventually staggers into the wall to use it for support.

There is no info about that last call anywhere? That may be telling. If police are keeping that info close to the vest, the call may contain evidence of her whereabouts.

I would say in my somewhat professional opinion that in the video it is apparent that she is under the influence of something. At the beginning she appears to lose her balance and crosses one foot behind the other while moving to the right. Then she turns her head to the right and leans forward almost as if she is going to fall before she steps forward to catch her balance. Then after a few moments she walks awkwardly with her feet more separated , then uses the wall for balance on one shoulder. There are many possibilities to her actions, of course most people lean towards alcohol or drugs but in some cases medical events can cause similar actions. In her case being young and a reservist she is probably in good health and that likely pushes this case towards the drugs and/or alcohol. The question becomes was it voluntary or not IE: roofied etc. One would think that if she thought she had been drugged that she would have communicated that to the friend she was talking to on the phone.

The bottom line, IMO, is that she was not returning calls to work, yet she clearly had possession of her phone (per the video) and was freely talking to others during that time. So the fact that she was "missing" for that part of the day was clearly her choice. In the video at 5:50, she is still walking around of her own free will. So, IMO, being at that apartment was her choice. But whether it was her choice to STILL be missing is the question here. I do hope they have a warrant for her electronic data.

My opinion, and only my opinion is that the person she was on the phone with is the ex-boyfriend who lives there and he is a POI or suspect but they're aren't releasing that information. Just my thoughts now that they have said he lives there and the status of their relationship.

The bottom line, IMO, is that she was not returning calls to work, yet she clearly had possession of her phone (per the video) and was freely talking to others during that time. So the fact that she was "missing" for that part of the day was clearly her choice. In the video at 5:50, she is still walking around of her own free will. So, IMO, being at that apartment was her choice. But whether it was her choice to STILL be missing is the question here. I do hope they have a warrant for her electronic data.

I agree, she appears to have driven to the apartment herself and made it to the garage herself. What happened after she went around the corner is the question. If the person she was talking to at 5:50 thought she sounded disoriented or under the influence would LE say something like "could be in danger"? It has been reported LE talked to the person she was talking to and all was clear but what does "all was clear" mean. To me that means they are clear of her disappearance but we do not know what they indicated about her demeanor.

I was just thinking if we agree she was intoxicated by alcohol or drugs (still not sure) maybe she contacted the ex? You know some folks get tipsy and then call exes to get back together, maybe she saw something on SM to make her desperate to go see him. He does not take her calls and ignores her so she goes to his apartment. This is all a crazy speculation on my part. I have read the relationship was on and off but do we know when the last time they were "on" was. Was it recent in the last few weeks? Months?

I was just thinking if we agree she was intoxicated by alcohol or drugs (still not sure) maybe she contacted the ex? You know some folks get tipsy and then call exes to get back together, maybe she saw something on SM to make her desperate to go see him. He does not take her calls and ignores her so she goes to his apartment. This is all a crazy speculation on my part. I have read the relationship was on and off but do we know when the last time they were "on" was. Was it recent in the last few weeks? Months?

If she blew off work and was at his apartment on the afternoon before she disappeared, it's likely that their on/off relationship was "on" that day. I'm curious about the nature of their relationship. Her sister describes that as a "bad" relationship, and presumably she means it was unhealthy for Prisma. Could that mean absence of commitment, drug use, something in between?

Regardless, it is still possible that she had a nice visit with him in the afternoon, and a random stranger grabbed her as she was going to her car.

My opinion, and only my opinion is that the person she was on the phone with is the ex-boyfriend who lives there and he is a POI or suspect but they're aren't releasing that information. Just my thoughts now that they have said he lives there and the status of their relationship.
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. That makes complete sense to me, except that they have said there is no sign of foul play... We know they have spoken with the person she was on the phone with, and that person apparently did not know where she was at the time they were on the phone. (At least that is what I remember being reported; I'll go back and see how it's been stated by LE.)

Have her family been making appeals to the public? Does anyone know if there a 'missing' FB page?

If she blew off work and was at his apartment on the afternoon before she disappeared, it's likely that their on/off relationship was "on" that day. I'm curious about the nature of their relationship. Her sister describes that as a "bad" relationship, and presumably she means it was unhealthy for Prisma. Could that mean absence of commitment, drug use, something in between?

Regardless, it is still possible that she had a nice visit with him in the afternoon, and a random stranger grabbed her as she was going to her car.

I chuckled, yes I agree it would be "on" that day? What would make her blow off work to spend the day with him? She would have to understand she would likely lose her job, right? They were trying to reach her and she did not take the calls?
I am curious about the nature of their relationship as well. It also makes sense why she would not tell family, friends or the babysitter she was visiting the ex, if everyone considered it a "bad" relationship.
Work stated she left for lunch at 1, the babysitter said she spoke to her at 3 or 4 and they spoke about her new job at the car dealer. Did she give the babysitter the impression she was at work at that time? Do we know if she was caught on CCTV arriving at the apartment? Was she there since right around lunch or was she just arriving at 5:50?

I chuckled, yes I agree it would be "on" that day? What would make her blow off work to spend the day with him? She would have to understand she would likely lose her job, right? They were trying to reach her and she did not take the calls?
I am curious about the nature of their relationship as well. It also makes sense why she would not tell family, friends or the babysitter she was visiting the ex, if everyone considered it a "bad" relationship.
Work stated she left for lunch at 1, the babysitter said she spoke to her at 3 or 4 and they spoke about her new job at the car dealer. Did she give the babysitter the impression she was at work at that time? Do we know if she was caught on CCTV arriving at the apartment? Was she there since right around lunch or was she just arriving at 5:50?

My understanding is that she told the babysitter she was at lunch at that time. I guess she was indeed still "at lunch," but at that point her job was trying to reach her and she was not responding to their calls.

I do not recall if her arrival time was mentioned. Wasn’t it reported that she was captured on video getting out of her car?

My understanding is that she told the babysitter she was at lunch at that time. I guess she was indeed still "at lunch," but at that point her job was trying to reach her and she was not responding to their calls.

So if she was with the ex, she did not want anyone to know. It is odd they LE was able to locate her car so quickly if no one knew where she was.

I do not recall if her arrival time was mentioned. Wasn’t it reported that she was captured on video getting out of her car?

Yes, you are correct. I forgot but I do not think they gave a time.

Some have said the car would have a tracker if bought or leased...not sure how this works, sounds kind of illegal. But handy for police.

Maybe she was hanging around to catch ex coming or going if he was ignoring her?

I would think a complex like this i.e calling itself “luxury apartments”would have cameras on all exits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member