The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think Baby Sussex may already be here and its arrival is being kept quiet for privacy reasons? I've seen a few articles speculating as such. I'm not convinced, but would like others' takes on it.

Imagine being a worker at Frogmore at this time. I’m sure any outside communication has been confiscated.

Unless we see smoke signals from a chimney like when there’s a new Pope. :D

Ha! I know some of you guys have difficulty seeing stuff that we can see in the United States, this is the first time that I have seen I have been blocked by living in the United States. I guess I would have to be an Aussie to see this?

Can you give us some highlights?

ETA I found a couple of articles on it from the United States, and they are betting on her having the baby this week, and the name Dame Diana. I guess that's where the asparagus lady got the I and the a and the n LOL

Bets on The Royal Baby Expected to Reach $1.3 Million

Betting on the Royal Baby

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Baby Name Predictions - What Will Harry and Meghan's Baby Be Called

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Name of first child?
Diana

Grace

Alice

Arthur

Isobella
Prince Harry & Meghan Markle First Child - Time Of Birth?
08:00 - 11:59

00:00 - 03:59

04:00 - 07:59

12:00 - 15:59

16:00 - 19:59

The list goes on and on.....

All bets in Australian dollars approx .54 pound sterling or .70 US cents.

Names:
Diana @ $4.00
Grace @ $8.00
Alice @ $11.50
Arthur @ $13.50
Isabella @ $13.50

Time:
08.00 - 11.59 @ $5.50
00.00 - 03.59 @ $6.00
0400 - 07.59 @ $6.00

Boy @ $2.70

Godparents:
Jessica and Ben Mulroney @$3.30
William and Kate @$6.00
Abigail Spencer @ $6.50
Charles Van Straubenzee @$8.50
George and Amal Clooney @8.50

Weight:
8lbs - 8lbs 15oz @$2.75
7lbs - 7lbs 15oz @3.00
6lbs - 6lbs 15oz @$4.00

Day of week:
All days @ $6.50

Will HRH have to approve the Sussex baby's name as with the Cambridge children? Most of the given names being considered by the public seem quite traditional, and I have a feeling that Meghan and Harry won't necessarily want their child/ren to have typical royal names.

Prince William’s concerns over Meghan Markle ‘went down quite badly' with Prince Harry, says royal expert

Prince William’s concerns over Meghan Markle ‘went down quite badly' with Prince Harry, says royal expert

“William was quite concerned that the relationship had moved so quickly,” Nicholl claimed at the time. “And being close to Harry, you know, probably the only person close enough to say to Harry, ‘This seems to be moving quickly. Are you sure?’ And I think what was meant as well-intended brotherly advice just riled Harry.”

“Harry is hugely protective of Meghan,” continued Nicholl. “He saw that as criticism, he interpreted that as his brother not really being behind this marriage, this union. And I don’t think things have been quite right ever since.”

Harry and Meghan, Africa doesn't want you (Opinion) - CNN

Doesn't sound very nice to the Royals. Not thinking Africa really wants royalty to come and stay.

What a horrible, snidey article. CNN is American, yes? How lovely of them to support their girl.

I really am getting sick of all this. Someone upthread used the word 'hunting' and this is exactly what it is - the very thing that killed Harry's mum when he was just a little boy. I don't blame him if he wants to stick twos up to the media world, there have been disgraceful reports lately from both the US and UK.

Yeah, nice one :mad:

What a horrible, snidey article. CNN is American, yes? How lovely of them to support their girl.

I really am getting sick of all this. Someone upthread used the word 'hunting' and this is exactly what it is - the very thing that killed Harry's mum when he was just a little boy. I don't blame him if he wants to stick twos up to the media world, there have been disgraceful reports lately from both the US and UK.

Yeah, nice one :mad:

Yes, CNN is an American news outlet and it has gone downhill. All outlets have been electrically charged due to our political mess here.

I honestly hope for the best for this couple but in the long run there will be issues and I think Harry will discover anguish. I have never seen so much negativity since his new wife came to the scene.

Yes, CNN is an American news outlet and it has gone downhill. All outlets have been electrically charged due to our political mess here.

I honestly hope for the best for this couple but in the long run there will be issues and I think Harry will discover anguish. I have never seen so much negativity since his new wife came to the scene.

We can certainly empathise with political mess! I think most news channels are just desperate for attention and will literally sell anything these days. Tabloids like the Daily Mail, who I think have been the worst of our lot, have totally destroyed any chance of a decent relationship with Harry & Meghan these last few months. I really am disgusted.

We can certainly empathise with political mess! I think most news channels are just desperate for attention and will literally sell anything these days. Tabloids like the Daily Mail, who I think have been the worst of our lot, have totally destroyed any chance of a decent relationship with Harry & Meghan these last few months. I really am disgusted.
What is your opinion of all the Cambridge and Sussex drama? Any truth? Some things must be a little true.....

What is your opinion of all the Cambridge and Sussex drama? Any truth? Some things must be a little true.....

I wouldn't be at all surprised if William spoke to Harry about the whirlwind romance and that Harry might have taken it the wrong way. But we've seen them laughing and joking since then, so, honestly, I think it's just being hyped up for likes.

We've always seen Will & Harry as a pair, and then quite happily a three with Kate, so I guess the dynamics have shifted again. I just can't believe what the press are doing to Meghan, none of it can be helping matters for her, Harry or the rest of the family.

True, CNN in the states has gone downhill since they started focusing on politics 24/7. They weren't always all politics all the time and did an exemplary job with any/all national and world news events. Actually, CNN still provides outstanding coverage of major *Breaking News* in the U.S. and internationally, but the rest of their typical daily programming leaves a lot to be desired. CNN International, which we usually watch when traveling, is superior to other worldwide news sources and much less political than its U.S. counterpart.

Last edited:
Harry and Meghan, Africa doesn't want you (Opinion) - CNN

Doesn't sound very nice to the Royals. Not thinking Africa really wants royalty to come and stay.

It’s an opinion piece but it does point out some history. So, the question is what are the relations like now? How do people from African countries feel about the British given the context of that history?

I don’t think Harry & Meghan are naive but there is no going in and rewriting history on Instagram either...

It’s an opinion piece but it does point out some history. So, the question is what are the relations like now? How do people from African countries feel about the British given the context of that history?

I don’t think Harry & Meghan are naive but there is no going in and rewriting history on Instagram either...

They should have trained Meghan more re the royal family system. She is a foreigner in regards to their family history, traditions and rules. She just didn't marry Harry, she married the commonwealth. JMO, she is a bit naïve regarding that.

They should have trained Meghan more re the royal family system. She is a foreigner in regards to their family history, traditions and rules. She just didn't marry Harry, she married the commonwealth. JMO, she is a bit naïve regarding that.

It must be so very different for an American. I couldn’t even imagine the culture shock. From California easy breezy to the fishbowl of the monarchy...

And, do we know whose idea it is to move to Africa?

I think the tabloids hear what may be a rumor, a thin one, and completely build on that. Suddenly, they are moving there, Meghan’s going to discover her roots, Africa doesn’t want them... o.m.g.

I’ve thought that Prince Charles is really good guidepost at keeping the media at arms bay. He was really disliked for a while, and look at him now... he got his life back, raised his sons, married the woman he should have married, they keep a low profile, and he seems happier than ever.

Harry and Meghan need time.

It must be so very different for an American. I couldn’t even imagine the culture shock. From California easy breezy to the fishbowl of the monarchy...

And, do we know whose idea it is to move to Africa?

I think the tabloids hear what may be a rumor, a thin one, and completely build on that. Suddenly, they are moving there, Meghan’s going to discover her roots, Africa doesn’t want them... o.m.g.

I’ve thought that Prince Charles is really good guidepost at keeping the media at arms bay. He was really disliked for a while, and look at him now... he got his life back, raised his sons, married the woman he should have married, they keep a low profile, and he seems happier than ever.

Harry and Meghan need time.

Can you imaging the price tag for security if they do move. The queen already is frugal with her electricity bills …..

I bet it is an extreme culture shock to go from nobody really caring what you do to everyone looking at you through a microscope.

I feel like Meghan brought some of these problems on herself - the super over indulgence in clothing. 90K for that disastrous white dress she wore a few weeks ago.
To me that is really flaunting -hey, I have endless funds.
The Baby Shower should have been kept under wraps.
Remember last Summer she was able to go to Canada and back with very little press coverage.
The hair, get a decent hair cut that works with your hair. It always looks dirty, greasy and sloppy. Of course the holding hands thing has gotten so darn old.

She just needs to keep showing everyone how she has endless funds. There are plenty of people in this world that have almost endless funds and they don't flaunt it in your face.

What is this work that Harry and Meghan do - this charity work??? I think I have missed it. I believe in Charity work but showing up for 30 minutes to shake hands - is not charity work. Are they spending 8 hours on a Holiday in a Soup kitchen - that is charity work.

Off my soapbox.

I believe Megan was very well aware of what she was marrying into, how could she not?
The problem seems to be that she would rather not comply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle