Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a hard case for me to follow. This little one is the spitting image of my little nephew. They are the same age. As my nephew starts kindergarten this fall, I will be thinking about how AJ should have been too.

Sleep sweet little man, you will not be forgotten and now it's time for justice.

My mom had a drug addiction and I love her very much. She’s a good person and I know she would never have chosen to go down that path. I have empathy for addicts. It’s not a choice and there’s normally also underlying mental illness that walk hand in hand with addiction. That’s why I’ve been saying since day 1: the biggest criminals here are DCPS. It’s not the parents, IMO. They had SO many warning that these parents were unfit and still did nothing to remove them from the home. As much as I have empathy for addicts, the child’s safety comes first and it was as clear as day that those children were not safe. So yeah, I blame the child protective services the most in this case.
Thank you for sharing this.

We need to find a way to get more money to these agencies so they are able to hire more people and take the time they need on each case. It’s an endless problem these days. I'll say no more as I can get pretty heated on this subject.

One thing that really has stuck out to me this whole time and it's not worth a hill of beans now but in everything I've seen it was reported he was missing and approximately 65lbs. This is very large for a 5 year old. This really stuck out to me. All the pictures I've seen of him, he is very slender. Average weight for a boy that age is 44lbs. 20 extra pounds on a small frame would be a drastic thing.

I'm not sure any of this matters at this point but it really made me question the parents from the get-go. I'm sorry if this has been stated and discussed already, if it has I didn't catch it.

I just saw a quick live stream on HLN that shows the police outside at the scene. Does anyone know of a current live stream like this online?

One thing that really has stuck out to me this whole time and it's not worth a hill of beans now but in everything I've seen it was reported he was missing and approximately 65lbs. This is very large for a 5 year old. This really stuck out to me. All the pictures I've seen of him, he is very slender. Average weight for a boy that age is 44lbs. 20 extra pounds on a small frame would be a drastic thing.

I'm not sure any of this matters at this point but it really made me question the parents from the get-go. I'm sorry if this has been stated and discussed already, if it has I didn't catch it.

There’s no way he weighed anywhere near that. IMO the parents had no idea what he weighed and ventured a poor guess. I wonder when he last saw a Dr?

Maybe Andrew got hurt accidentally and passed away. Maybe the parents didn't come clean because, well, they weren't clean and feared what eventually happened - getting P. (the youngest son) taken away. Or maybe I just don't want to believe that they hurt their own child intentionally.

Besides the worst case ...can anyone think of possible ways child can go missing ..both believing in dogs and not believing in dogs? As m

I think you're also under the assumption that he went missing when his parents first reported. It's possible he has been gone longer, the scent would have dispersed to the point at which the dogs couldn't pick up on anything outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lneill04