OK - Girl, 9, beaten, starved and handcuffed by parents, Salina

A 9-year-old girl told police she didn't want to return to her home because they were mean to her...that was an understatement. Her foster parents and sister, Joel, Amanda and Allison Smith have been arrested.

Deputy: 9-Year-Old Salina Girl Beaten, Starved, Handcuffed In Home
From article:

"A pediatrician at St. Francis Children's Hospital said the girl had extensive bruising, lacerations consistent with being restrained by handcuffs and was malnourished."

Please assure me that this family will never again have the ability to harm any other children! Horrible what guardians can inflict on those dependent on them. Disgusted.

BBM

Sounds like David and Louise Turpin's demonic souls were in the "Caregivers?" of this poor little girl. Hopefully, the perpetrators in this case will be brought to justice and receive the harshest possible penalty under the laws of Oklahoma. Sure there is much more to come.

Satch

Good golly, I’m glad she escaped before she died from their abuse!!! How long was she with these monsters?? Did no one check on her? Children’s Services, other family members?

Now she can heal physically, emotionally and get caught up on her education. Having enough food to eat, a clean bed to sleep in and people who truly care about her will allow her to blossom.

Sounds like David and Louise Turpin's demonic souls were in the "Caregivers?" of this poor little girl. Hopefully, the perpetrators in this case will be brought to justice and receive the harshest possible penalty under the laws of Oklahoma. Sure there is much more to come.
Ironically (I think), the Turpins were just about to move to OK when all that broke last year.

I found their facebooks. None of them even mention or show the little girl.

I agree with flute4peace that it is probably not allowed to post about foster children. Not sure. FWIW I never put my own minor children's pictures or mentioned them on my facebook for public viewing either. I do hope this little girl gets the help and love she needs :(

I agree with flute4peace that it is probably not allowed to post about foster children. Not sure. FWIW I never put my own minor children's pictures or mentioned them on my facebook for public viewing either. I do hope this little girl gets the help and love she needs :(

In Florida we can post pictures but not give their names. I have friends who are foster parents and they share so many pictures. It's amazing to see the kids progress and happiness.

The mother identifies herself in the comments but no, we cannot post her name.
I should have clarified that I was referring to the biological mother when I stated we could not post her name. She did identify herself in the comments though. The perps are related to the child but they are guardians.

I have not been able to find a link to the story in the URL provided.

Satch

I have not been able to find a link to the story in the URL provided.

Satch
Which link are you referring to?

Ive attached a screenshot of the journalists Facebook post.

Attachments

• 9011911F-53C6-486C-8929-027233928D07.jpeg
    9011911F-53C6-486C-8929-027233928D07.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members